ATTEMPT TO WAKE UP MR D

I turned at the last turn. I saw the entrance to the hotel, it seemed to me that something was moving there, but I couldn't see properly. I cannot describe to you people the amount of fear that flowed through me. I felt my blood freeze in my veins. I couldn't even raise the lantern to see what was there because of fear. But those were not the moments when I was allowed to let fear lead me. I raised the lantern and managed to see the old lady who works at the reception. She was just standing there, probably waiting for guests or something. I was so relieved, I realized that my stupid paranoia had hit me in the head and that was it.

- I'm very sorry that I'm going through the hotel this late.; I lowered the lantern to apologize. I know I shouldn't have snooped around the hotel this late.
- My friend and I heard some sounds and...; I raised the lantern, but in the place where that old woman stood, now stood a monster. The same monster that attacked me several times. How many such monsters are there anyway? The lantern fell from my hand and broke. I started running and calling for Luke, I prayed to the gods that he would hear me. I saw nothing in front of me. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. I ran, shouted and called Luke. I heard the monster getting closer and closer and it was right behind me.

I fell right in front of the stairs, because I didn't see them. I froze with fear, I saw a light coming from the left, it was Luke. But it was too late, that light illuminated the monster that was right in front of me. I was scared, I thought it was the end of me. I closed my eyes and screamed, I've never screamed so loud and so hard in my life. When I opened my eyes, the monster was no longer in front of me, only ashes. Luke was standing quite a distance from me with a lit lantern. The shock on his face was huge, but not only shock but also fear. I have never seen such a facial expression in my life. Luke definitely couldn't kill the monster, but if he didn't kill it who did?

Luke immediately ran to me.
-What just happened?; I asked. I was shaking all over, fear was still flowing through me.
- I don't know, but it doesn't even matter, the important thing is that you are fine now.; Luke answered. I was so afraid that I wrapped my arms around Luke. I squeezed him tightly, as if I never wanted to let him go. And he hugged me back. I rested my head on his chest. We sat alone on the steps, the only light coming from Luke's lantern.

-What's going on here?; we heard a voice behind us. The light hit us in the back. Luke and I turned, and it was Arthur.
-Alecto attacked us.; Luke answered. That was probably the name of that monster.
-I heard screaming and tried to wake up Dionysus, but he sleeps like a log.; Arthur said.

- And what are we going to do now?; I asked.
- I don't know, but this place is too dangerous for us to stay here.; Arthur replied.
-The first smart one from you in these last two days.; Luke said sarcastically. Arthur didn't say anything, but it was clear that he didn't really like Luke's comment.
- We need to wake up Mr. D he will know what we need.; Arthur suggested, and Luke and I agreed.

We went to the third floor, and entered the room shared by Arthur and Dionysus. Mr. D was really sleeping like he was shot with a stun dart. I swear the snoring could even be heard from outside. Neither of us wanted to wake him, so we agreed to get out the matches. The rules are simple, we take three matches and break one so that it is shorter than the others. Whoever draws the shortest must wake up Mr. D, I hoped that I would not draw the shortest one. I already have a bad experience with waking up Mr. D from his afternoon nap. Still, Arthur drew the shortest match. Luke and I stood to the side and waited for Arthur to wake Dionysus.

- Mr. D, Mr. D, Mr. D, are you awake?; Arthur was trying to wake up Dionysus.

- We were attacked, we barely survived.; he tried to wake him up, but he just couldn't. He pushed him, called him louder and louder, but again to no avail.
- SOMEONE STOLE ALL OF US WINES!; Luke said quite loudly.
-Who?; Dionysus suddenly jumped out of bed.

Of course the word "wine" woke him up. He cared more about the wine than about us.
- No one stole it, sir, but we had to wake you up somehow.; Arthur replied.
-Why did you kids wake me up?; he asked half-consciously. He rubbed his eyes and tried not to fall asleep again.
- We were attacked.; Luke answered.
- Attack? When, where, how? Are you all well?; he asked 100 questions at once.
-We are all well. A moment ago, Alecto attacked Helen and me. It happened on the first floor, we defeated her on the stairs; Luke answered.
-Arthur why didn't you wake me up? The children could have died, and it would have been my fault. I am responsible for them.; Dionysus asked Arthur sharply.
- I tried to wake you up, but I couldn't...; Arthut tried to explain, but Dionysus interrupted him.
- There are no excuses, lives are at stake. Arthur, it was your responsibility to wake me up in this situation.; Dionysus finished.
-Yes sir.; Arthur agreed because he had to. I felt quite sorry for him, it wasn't his fault, but he suffered. It was our fault, Luke's and mine, if we hadn't left the room this wouldn't have happened. It was my fault after all, if I hadn't followed that stupid sound we wouldn't have been in danger.