TASK CAN BEGIN

Luke and I headed to the bus station that was nearby.

We need to get to New York, there we will find Hermes who will be able to tell us where my father's shield is.

Luke wasn't too keen on the idea, but I was going to find a way where he wouldn't have to see his father. I know Luke and his father don't exactly have the best relationship.

While we were riding the bus I was reading a book that Annabeth had lent me. I couldn't find much information about the prophecy I received. Until I came to the part called "Dreaming of animals and their meaning." I searched for a crow. The oracle said I would see a crow.

I wasn't clear at all when I read what was written under the crow."If you dreamed of a crow flying, be careful in love. There is a risk that you will be deceived and left or, alternatively, blackmailed into agreeing to something in emotional relationships that you don't like it at all." it said. What would that have to do with our task? By the way, I have nothing to do with love. I looked at Luke who was looking out the window. Does it have anything to do with Luke? I decided not to tell him how I felt. Even though I don't really believe what I read, I still decided that I won't tell him anything about how I feel until we get back to the camp. I know it will be difficult to complete this task in such a state, but I guess everything will be fine.

This bus was not supposed to come until sometime late in the evening. We decided to rent a hotel room there when we arrive. The journey was long and tired us a lot.

I fell asleep about two hours before arriving. We slept in shifts. Luke slept before me, so he could keep watch while I slept.

The hotel was fine, nothing special. The room consisted of two beds, a wardrobe, a small kitchen and a bathroom.

In the morning we woke up quite early to move on.

Hermes was located in some huge casino in the center of the city. Luke and I were now standing outside that casino. I really needed to find a way to keep Luke and Hermes from seeing each other. I know Luke didn't want to see him.
- Maybe it would be best if we split up now. I'm going inside and you can find a way to travel out of this city. I'm sure Ares' shield isn't here. It would be great if you could find a bus or maybe a train station.; I suggested. That was the first thing that came to my mind.
- If that is what you want.; he said.
- Luke, take care.; I said.
- That's what I wanted to tell you.; he smiled at me and went on his way.

I went inside. That place was huge. I think it would normally take me at least two days without rest to explore the whole place. The problem was that I only had a photo of Hermes and I had to find him using that. I've never seen him before, which makes my search even more difficult.

I saw a crowd around one of the tables. I passed between people to better see what was happening. And then I saw him, he was gambling at that table.
- I apologize sir, but I need your help.; I addressed him.
-Go home kid, this is no place for children.; he said cheekily.
-I come from Camp Half-Blood. ; I said. He dropped everything he was doing and started to approach me.
- Young demigod, what brings you here?; he asked pulling me away from the crowd. He led me to some isolated table and we sat down.

- I'm on a quest. I'm looking for my father's shield. The shield of Ares that was lost.; I explained.
- Do you want something to drink? Beer, whiskey, vodka maybe?; he offered me drinks.
- First of all, I am fifteen years old. Second, I'm in quite a hurry, so if you could get to the point, I'd be very grateful.; I answered.
- I have no idea where Ares' shield is. I'm sorry you went this far, but it was in vain. But if you want, I can help you get back to the camp...; he started to explain that he didn't know where Ares' shield was, but I cut him off.
- I am Luke's friend.; I said. He paused, I can't describe the look on his face after I mentioned Luke. He even turned a little pale. He finished his drink in one gulp.

- Ares' shield should be in the Grand Canyon.; He said.
-Thanks for your time.; I thanked him and started to get up to go.
-How is he? Luke?; he asked. I felt some pity for him.
- He's fine. He's doing pretty well. He is the best swordsman in the camp.; I answered. I could see that Hermes was actually really interested in how Luke was doing. He just nodded his head and didn't answer anything.
- Well, goodbye then, it was nice to meet you.; I said goodbye to him.
-Goodbye daughter of Ares, good luck on your quest.; he also said goodbye to me.

I went out, I saw Luke sitting on the bench across the street.
-and?; he asked.
- It is located in the Grand Canyon.; I answered.
- That's great to know.
- I met your father. He asked about you.
- And what did you tell him?
- That you are fine.
- Thank you, Helen, that I didn't have to see him.
- That's what friends are for.

It will take three days by bus from New York to the Grand Canyon. Luke and I took the first bus. To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to this road.

We took snacks and drinks and got ready for the trip. The bus was fine, but the crowd was quite big. Luke and I sat together, because there were no free seats. We sat in the back.