ANNABETH CHASE

-Time to wake up!; I heard Luke's voice.

-Is it time already?; I asked.
- Yeah. I have something special planned today.; he replied.
-Then it's best to go.; I answered getting out of bed.

Luke led me to a large rock. It was no ordinary rock, it was a climbing rock.
- You are climbing today, as I have convinced myself that you are a great climber. Come and show others that you know how to climb.; he said handing me the helmet.
- Do you want to climb too?; I asked.
- I didn't plan.; he replied.
-Why? Are you afraid that I will climb faster than you?; I teased him.
-Of course not, give me that rope.; he said and started preparing everything.

We started climbing, and a group of children gathered around us. Everyone was watching and cheering. It seemed to me that I was leading, but when I looked to my right I saw that Luke was only a few steps behind me. I hurried, I really wanted to win. I was a little short of the top, everyone was shouting and cheering, and then I caught the top. I won. I made it to the top and gave Luke a hand to climb up.

- Looks like I won.; I said pulling Luke on top.
- AND THAT'S A VICTORY FOR HELEN!; I heard Chris yell.
- I will beat you next time.; Luke said.
- What else are you going to say? That you let me win?; I joked.
-Nah, I know how to accept defeat. But that's why I will now beat you in a sword fight.; he said taking off his climbing gear. I just laughed, it would be interesting if I beat him in that too.

Luke led me to the place where sword fighting is practiced.
-Here we are. Helen this is Annabeth. Annabeth this is Helen she recently arrived at camp.; Luke introduced me to a little girl who I believed to be about ten years old. It's the little girl he saved. She looked really cute to me. She had black hair in braids.
- So you're the Helen Luke keeps talking about. I'm Annabeth, nice to meet you.; she said. I looked at Luke, and he quickly looked away, his face was redder than a tomato. I didn't say anything, I saw that he was visibly embarrassed.

-Anyway, Helen wants to try her hand at fencing. So I thought you might show her.; Luke asked, still not looking at me.
- I would like to.; Annabeth replied.
- Great then, see you.; Luke quickly said goodbye and ran off.
- Let's start then, shall we?; Annabeth suggested.
- Let's go!; I answered.

- Luke and you, huh?; she asked as she selected a sword.
- He is really wonderful. I think we're becoming really good friends.; I answered. She chose the sword. I didn't know that you had to choose a sword, I thought every sword was the same.
- He is not so nice to everyone, you know?; she said handing me the sword.
- It seems to me that he is good to everyone.; I answered and took the sword. I didn't really know where this conversation was going, but I continued talking to her anyway. Because I was comfortable talking to her, her voice was somehow pleasant.
-Get into attack position and then try to attack me. Let's start with light hand strokes.; she explained what I should do, and I just nodded my head and did it. She didn't have to tell me twice. I knocked the sword out of her hand.
-Very good for the first time.; she praised me.
-Natural talent what can I say.; I laughed and picked up her sword.

Hanging out with Annabeth was really enjoyable. I enjoyed every moment. She showed me some tricks with the sword, we talked, laughed and so on. She is very smart, maybe even the smartest person I have met so far. Although she was only ten years old, she was very mature and smart. I liked that.

I don't even know how much time has passed, maybe an hour or so. But I saw Luke coming towards us.
- And how did it go?; he asked.
-Helen is a natural talent, I think she could even beat you soon. Take care Luke.;Annabeth answered.
- I'm not worried. It won't happen so quickly, if it happens.; he said sarcastically.
- It might happen before you expect it.; I answered.

- I came to see if you want to have lunch.; he said the reason for his arrival.
- I'm honestly a little hungry, you Annabeth?; I asked Annabeth.
- I'm dying of hunger. Let's have lunch together?; she asked.
-Of course.; I answered.
- Since when are you two besties? ; Luke asked.
- We have become in between time.; Annabeth replied.
-Hey, you can't steal my friend.; Luke joked.
- I think she already did that.; I laughed too.
-Okay, if nobody needs me here anymore, I'll just hang around, you know.; he pretended to be sad, although I felt happiness around him. He was probably happy because Annabeth and I got along so well. Annabeth means a lot to him, and now I can see why, she's really special.

Luke, Annabeth and I headed to the lunch tables. Annabeth sat down at Athena's table, because we weren't supposed to mix. Everyone sat at a table designated by cabin. I really hated that rule. We are together all day, and then we are not allowed to eat together. Luke and I were sitting at the Hermes table when Chris came. His face was really muddy, his legs were wet, and his sleeves were soaked in mud. He sat down next to Luke.
- What happened to you?; I asked.
-Do not ask. The children from Demeter's cabin were transporting strawberries to Dionysus' cabin and their cart got stuck in a puddle. That puddle was so deep and full of mud. And that old madman made me solve that problem again.; he told us.
-Mr. D?; I asked to be sure if we were referring to the same old madman, I don't think there are many of them in the camp.
- Yeah, who else? It is whispered around the camp that he is angry because Zeus forbade him to drink.; he confirmed.
- Both Helen and I heard something about it.; Luke smiled and looked at me.
- I wish you could hear everything. I'm always the last to find out. By the way, congratulations once again on your victory Helen. Fully deserved.; Chris teased Luke. Luke didn't answer. I honestly don't think he cared too much about it. Although it meant a lot to me, I finally discovered something I'm good at.