LUKE'S POV

I couldn't talk to anyone anymore. I had to be alone. I had enough of everything. I went to the beach. That was our place. So much happened. I didn't manage to tell her everything I wanted to. I didn't even say goodbye to her.

-Hey how are you?; I heard a voice behind me.
- What do you want?; I asked him as he sat down next to me.
- I heard what happened, Mr. D told me. I am very sorry.; he said looking out to sea.
-Whatever.
- I know you don't want to see me now. You probably don't want to see anyone. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you need anything.
- I don't need your pity Arthur.
- It's not pity. I know it's hard for you. She was my friend too.
- I know. I'm sorry. You probably want the best.
- You have no reason to apologize. I know I was horrible to you.
- You know that's in the past. Helen told me you were a good person. I didn't want to believe her and I tried to keep her away from you.
- You had every right to do that.
- I didn't, I went blindly to the past and I couldn't forgive you. But Helen...Helen changed my view of the world. She changed me. Because of her, I tried to be a better person.
-Helen was like that. A warm soul, not with a corrupt heart... unlike the two of us.
- You liked her too, didn't you?
- Of course, who wouldn't like her? But she liked you. She liked you a lot. Every time we were together she always talked only about you. It drove me crazy the whole time, but I realized I just don't stand a chance with you.; he admitted.
- I thought I had no chance next to you.; I admitted. We both laughed.
- She was very sad when you were arguing. ; Arthur said.
- I know. I was a fool.
- You really were.
- I'm sorry that you didn't have a chance to say goodbye to her.; I said. I really meant it.
-Me too. She was really special.
-Arthur, I'm really sorry about everything. I hope you find a way to forgive me one day.; I said looking at him.
- I was hoping that you would forgive me.; he replied.

-You have become much more mature.; Arthur said.
-Times change people.; I answered.
- Don't change anymore. You're good like this.
- Thanks Arthur.
- If I need you for any reason, you can find me in Apollo's cabin.
- I'll keep that in mind.

I had to go see Chris after talking to Arthur.I went to the canoe lake. How did I know which one Chris was hiding under? Well, under the one that is turned upside down, logically.
- Arthur, I can't come to terms with the fact that she's gone. That I will never see her again.
- Me too, Luke. It's hard to believe she's gone.
-Yes, she was such a living presence. She always had a smile on her face, no matter what.
- That's what I loved about her. She had this energy that could light up a room.
- She always thought of others. She was never self-centered.
- I still can't believe she's gone. It feels like there's a hole in me now.
- I know what you mean. But we have to remember the good times we shared with her. She wouldn't want us to think about sadness.
-You're right. She would like us to celebrate her life and keep her memory alive.
-Exactly. Let's honor her by continuing to live our lives to the fullest, just as she did.
-Deal. Helen may be gone, but she will always be a part of us.

I knocked on the canoe. Nothing, no answer.
-Chris, are you in there?; I asked.
- It depends! Who is asking?; Chris replied.
- It's Luke.; I said sitting down next to the canoe. Chris flipped the canoe over and sat next to me.
-How are you feeling? I heard everything. I can not believe it.; he said lowering his head.
- I don't feel anything. Just pure nothingness inside. Like a hopeless hole.
- I can't believe that she is gone, I didn't even say goodbye to her.
- I didn't either, but I know I deserved it.
- You have to stay strong. She would like it to be so.
- Chris, I begged him to help her. I begged him on my knees, but he didn't do it. I have never prayed to him before, and he has not been able to answer this single prayer of mine.
- Gods are like that. Our father is a terrible person, everyone is like that, he is not the only one. All gods think only of themselves, they don't care about us.
-You're right. And that's not fair. It hurts me that he didn't want to help me, but he should have helped her. She didn't deserve to die. She was different from us, she was better than us.
- No demigod child deserves to die.
- I will avenge her, I will avenge every demigod child. I swear on my life Chris, I will take revenge on the gods. I will destroy the gods and shame Olympus to its foundations.
- And I will help you with that.

I swore on my life to avenge her and I meant it. I will return to the gods all the pain they have given us. All these poor children who blindly follow and love them need to open their eyes. Gods don't care about us, they only care about themselves. Well, we won't worry about them either. I will take revenge on my father and then on all the other gods. Gods must fall once. Even if it took my whole life, I will destroy all the gods. Had to do it one at a time or all at once, but in the end I will destroy them all. For everything they did to all the demigod children, what they did to Thalia and what happened to Helen, they will pay.