A TASK FROM THE GODS

- and then he kissed me.; I told her everything that happened.
- Girl, did you just run out?; she asked.
- Aha.; I nodded affirmatively.

- I would slap him, straight across the face.; she said crossing her arms.
-Clarisse, don't say that.; I said.
- Don't defend him now. He acted like a jerk for two weeks and then kissed you like nothing happened? I wanted to show him his place, but you wouldn't let me. But if he keeps up that pushy behavior I'll show him his real place.; she said. I knew she was absolutely right. Also that she would show him how to behave, but that would only make things worse.

- But between us, did you like the kiss?; she asked. I got all red, I felt my cheeks burning.
-Maybe.; I answered.
-Maybe? Girl, you like that guy dangerously.; she smiled. I just bowed my head, I was a little ashamed to be honest.
- Should I tell him?; I asked.
-Definitely not, let him suffer a little, just like you suffered for him.; Clarisse answered. Clarisse, I don't know what kind of answer I was expecting. But she's probably right, I need to give him a taste of his own medicine.

- You are probably right.; I said.
- I am always right.; she answered proudly.

I avoided him for two whole days, it was quite difficult. He was still around trying to talk to me. I spent most of my time with Clarisse. I was making a spear. Fun fact, I tried something I'm good at besides physical activities. I realized that I'm good at making weapons. Clarisse says it's because I'm Ares' child. All the children of Ares make good weapons I guess.

This morning I went to the forest to clear my head. I was sitting under a tree and finishing the spear I was making. It looked perfect, not because I made it of course, but otherwise it looked good.

- What are you doing here?; asked Chris who I didn't even see coming because I was too preoccupied with my spear.
-Oh Chris, I didn't even see you, hi.; I greeted him.
- No problem, do you care if I join?; he asked sitting down next to me.
- Where have you been?; I asked him.
- Avoiding Dionysus.; he replied.
- Oh no, what happened now?; I asked. He probably broke something again.
-Oh you're going to... you're going to love this. I woke up this morning. The rays of the sun were entering Hermes' cabin. Stupid birds were singing near the cabin. I went to breakfast, thinking all would be right with the world. And I got, "Chris, we need to talk."; he started to tell me.
- Not now Mr. D. I have the whole day to sleep in canoes and avoid you.; I interrupted him and imitated him. It was very funny in my head.
- Oh, oh, oh first of all, I don't sound like that. That imitation is terrible. And secondly, I do much more productive things than just sleeping.; he made me laugh. We both laughed. I have a feeling that Chris has a special place in my heart. I always have a good laugh with him.
-And what did he have to talk to you about?; I asked when we stopped laughing.
- Some idiot complained because the cabins of Zeus and Poseidon were cleaned, but Hades's was not. What a moron. And now Mr. D. wants me to clean it.; he explained.
- Well, maybe Hades will spot you and send you a gift.; I joked.
- What could he send me? Guardian skeletons?; Chris joked and we both laughed.

- What about you? How did you spend cleaning Zeus and Poseidon's cabin?; he asked.
-Quite boring, many boxes.; I explained.
-If something kills me, it will be these stupid tasks that Mr. D gives. What a stupid death.; he joked.
- Don't worry, you don't die like that.; I said. Talking to Chris is so relaxing. He is such an interesting person. He always says what he thinks.

- I better go before the madman sends a patrol to find me. See you Helen.; he greeted me bye.
- Goodbye Chris.

I continued working on my spear. I finished it by lunchtime. I swear it was perfect.

I met Grover on my way to lunch.
-Hey Grover what's up.; I greeted him.
-Helen, the person I'm looking for.; he greeted me back. It never means good. Because when he says it that way, it doesn't mean that he is looking for me, but that Dionysus is looking for me.
- What did you need me for?; I asked.
-Mr. D asked me to tell you to come to his office after lunch.; Grover told me. Man I hate going to his office.
-I will be there.; I said. And I continued on my way until lunch.

I had lunch with Clarissa and after that I went to Mr. D's office.

When I entered there were Mr. D and Chiron. It must be something serious.
-Helen welcome, sit down please.; Chiron told me. I sat down.
- You are here because we are sending you on a mission. Surprise!; Dionysus said. Nothing was clear to me.
- I told you to tell her slowly. ; Chiron told Mr. D holding his head. I just kept silent.
-Listen Helen, one of the gods asked us to send someone on a mission.; Chiron explained.
- And now you assign me that task?; I asked.
-Exactly!; Dionysus said.
- Can you be quiet for five minutes? If you don't have something smart to say, don't say anything.; Chiron said to Dionysus. Dionysus just turned his nose up and said nothing.
- Ares requested this task to be carried out. You are one of our strongest and bravest campers. I thought you would be a great choice for this mission.; Chiron told me.
- He's lying, I suggested you.; Mr. D jumped in.
- Will you finally shut up?; Chiron was visibly angry.

- The task requires courage and strength, and you have that. Someone needs to get Ares' shield back and we think it should be you.; Chiron said.
- Will I go alone?; I asked.
-Of course not...; Chiron began to explain. But Dionysus interrupted him.
- You actually choose who goes with you. You choose one person.; Mr. D finished.
-Stop interrupting me!; Chiron was really angry now.
- Can I go now?; I asked. I really didn't want to be there anymore.
- Of course, you're going on a mission tomorrow. In the morning you can tell us who you choose to go with you on the task. Rest well and choose very carefully with whom you will go on the task.; Chiron said.
- I will!; I said and headed for the exit. The two continued to argue. They spend too much time together, they are turning into an old married couple.