CAPTURE THE FLAG

We were having lunch when Chiron came.
- I hope you are all ready for
"capture the flag" activity. I would like to ask you to move towards the meeting place.; he said, and we all got up slowly and started getting ready.

When we all got ready, took our shields and weapons, we gathered at the place where the game started.

- The rules are already known, but I will update them one more time, so that there is no confusion.
Any camper who is not injured must play.
Zephyros Creek is the boundary line.
The entire forest is considered "fair game".
All magical items are allowed.
Flags must be displayed and cannot have more than two guards.
Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged.
Killing or maiming is NOT allowed. ; Chiron explained the rules.
I was standing next to Luke, across from us was the red team. I looked at the sword I had received two days ago.
-Don't worry you can use it.; Luke said.
-Maybe I won't need a sword.; I answered. I thought maybe I could just use a bow and arrow and get through this game.
-LET THE GAMES BEGIN.; Chiron said. And on the other side, everyone started making noise, screaming and hitting shields with swords.
- I think I'll need a sword.; I said.
-Don't worry, I can protect you.; Luke answered and winked at me with a smile.
- She doesn't need a man to protect her.; Annabeth said coming between the two of us. Man how I love this girl. She was absolutely right.

-I will have to steal your friend Luke, but don't worry I will return her at the end of the game.; Annabeth said with a smile.
- I think I will be able to last without her for that long.; Luke answered.
- Just stick to the plan and everything will be fine.; Annabeth said and went on her way. I followed her, but Luke grabbed my arm and pulled me to look at him.
-Take care. See you on the other side.: he said. He was worried about me, but for no reason.
- Don't worry about me, but take care of yourself too.; I answered. He let go of my hand and I took a running step towards Annabeth.

- And? What is our role? What should we do?; I asked Annabeth as we walked.
- We are false guardians of the flag. The other team will think we are guarding the flag and will come to us. During this time, our team will take their flag and carry it to the other side of the river.; Annabeth spoke up.
-Waiting, I can do that.; I said. Annabeth nodded.

We finally reached the place where we were supposed to wait. The sound of the trumpet was heard. This meant that twenty minutes had passed and the game had officially begun.
- Now we are waiting.; Annabeth said. To be honest, it's not that I couldn't wait for the red team to come.
- Do you think this will work? Of course I don't doubt your ideas, I was just thinking what if it doesn't work?; I asked Annabeth.
- Believe me, it will work, I planned this idea weeks in advance. Everyone has their part of the plan and follows it.; Annabeth explained.
-If you say so, smart girl.; I answered. I could trust Annabeth with my life. She is the smartest girl I know though.
-Hey, I know you'd rather be there now and fight with the red team, but our role is also important.; Annabeth said, probably to cheer me up.
- I believe that our role is important and I believe in your plan. I'm sure everything will work out just the way you want.; I answered. In all honesty, I preferred to wait like this, rather than going headfirst into battle. The red team was full of children of Ares, and they are quite difficult to beat.
- You shouldn't have come with me, but Luke asked me to take you. He thought that you would be safer that way.; Annabeth said out of nowhere looking at the ground.
-He did what?; I asked. Why would he do that? Does he think I'm too weak to fight?
- I told him that you are better on the other side. You are a really strong fighter and you would come in handy in the attack for the flag. But he really cares about you a lot. He was afraid that he wouldn't be able to protect you and that you might get hurt. Don't tell him I told you this, but I thought you should know. You mean a lot to him.; Annabeth told me what happened.
- I'll keep that in mind. Thanks Annabeth for telling me that.; I answered her and gave her a smile. I couldn't even be mad at him when he cared about me like that.

Suddenly I heard some sounds of leaves rustling. I took out my sword and prepared myself.
-Helen what happened?; Annabeth asked.
- I heard something, someone is coming.; I answered. Annabeth also drew her sword. We stood with our backs to each other. That way we would see both sides and more easily spot which side the red team is coming from. There were five of them, they surrounded us.

Annabeth started to fight some two girls. I have three boys and a girl left. We started to fight, their swords coming from every side. Defending against three swords at the same time was quite difficult, but somehow I managed. I defended myself with all my strength. I didn't even realize how far I was going backwards, I suddenly felt that my right foot was no longer touching the ground. It threw me off balance and I fell. I rolled downhill until I finally rolled out to a spot by the river. The river was right there on my right. By the time I got up, the three had already run to me. We continued fighting, somehow I managed to knock the sword out of the hand of one of the boys and it flew into the river. I continued to fight against those two. I don't even know how, but somehow I managed to beat that guy. He flew away and hit the ground. He continued to lie like that. I only have that girl left. I swear she was stronger than both of those guys combined.

And she was beautiful, but also a very strong opponent. She managed to cut me in three places with her sword, but that didn't mean I was going to give up. I couldn't do anything to her, to be honest, I was barely able to defend myself. Her every move was planned and strong, she knew exactly where to hit. She made me go backwards, until a stone was behind me. I didn't see it, so of course I fell over it. She raised her sword and I guess she wanted to cut me with it or I have no idea what. I quickly positioned my sword to block hers. She continued thrusting her sword. The pressure was so strong that I thought I wouldn't be able to stand it.
- You realized that the flag is not here, right?; I said hoping she would let me go.
- Of course I understood that.: she answered.
- Then why are you still attacking me? You could have just left me alone and gone looking for the flag.; I said without thinking that I might make her even angrier and she might cut me in half.
- I could, beautiful, but where is the glory in that? By the way, I wouldn't have seen that beautiful face of yours up close.; she said with a smirk on her face.