8. TO GIVE US A CHANCE

I feel so freaking refreshed after finally coming Delhi after freaking four entire years

I feel so freaking refreshed after finally coming Delhi after freaking four entire years. I really wanted to go home with Esha after the encounter at the construction scene, but damn, I got a call from Shubham sir. Yeah, he's my senior and he tells me about his resignation and wants me to join him in his place. Even dad had no clue until Shubham sir spilled the beans when he resigned.

I and my stupid best friend Kartik totally pulled a prank on my family, why not, right? Don't let your inner child die just because you're getting older.

After dinner, I get a call from Kartik, my stupid but best friend I've ever met. He tells me to meet up with him because according to him I didn't spend time with him. But you know he is the one who knows me very well , I know he is stupid, moron, donkey and what not but he is my second soul who knows me well..... I brush off the call and just casually shove my phone into my pocket.

As I turn, my eyes lock with her shiny brown eyes. Man, I couldn't take my eyes off her, not even blinking. I can keep looking at her . It felt like my world stopped and just revolved around her, only her.

My whole world stops when I hear her say, "Why did you come back?"

A sharp pain shoots through my heart as she says it, and a tear falls from her eye. Suddenly, she bursts into tears.

"Hey, Esha please stop crying," I said as I moved towards her and gently cupped her face.

She pushed my hand away, still hiccuping, and asked, "Why did you come back? Why now? Where were you for the past 4 years? I know your mission ended in 8 months when you left from here and you finished your second case 2.5 years ago. It seems like you're intentionally avoiding me and our marriage. I know you asked your seniors for another case just to stay away from me. So Why The Hell Did You Come Back? You can meet your family anytime you want. I know that when I was away from your home for my own case, you came here and stayed for a week because I wasn't around. If you want, I can go away and you can live with your family. You don't have to stay away from them because of me," she yelled, her tears still flowing...It hurts to see her like this...after knowing what I feel for her i cursed myself that she is crying because i am the reason.

"No, it is not as you have assumed. I arrived here for a week because my best friend, Kartik, had an accident, and his family resides in New York. I wanted to be there for him and take care of him during this difficult time." I replied gulping hard as it's not easy to form words after seeing her condition.

My heart felt a pain after seeing her cry. I don't know why but I can't see tears in her eyes.

"Yeah and she is crying because of you idiot", my subconscious reminded me.

"I swear, Esha, I wasn't ignoring our marriage," I choked out, my voice unable to escape my throat.

"Well, like I even care," she replied, her voice carrying a trace of hurt. She headed towards the walk-in closet.
.
.
.
.
Feeling lost after her outburst, I decided to go for a walk on the terrace, waiting for her mind to refresh. It's not correct time to talk to her about our relationship, to clear her misunderstandings and repent my mistakes.