14. DAISY

Finally, my marriage with yuvaan is no longer a secret

Finally, my marriage with yuvaan is no longer a secret. I've been bombarded with questions from everyone about how Yuvaan is treating me, whether he makes me happy, if he's rude or not, and more.

This all happened a week ago, and now everyone seems to be accepting Yuvaan, although they still have some doubts. Anyway, I have to go shopping with my Grumpy Chamgadar husband because tomorrow is dadi's return and we're planning a surprise anniversary party for dadu and dadi.

I'm all dressed up in a beautiful blue kurta with intricate embroidery on the neckline. I'm wearing my favorite vintage watch and my nuptial chain around my neck.

I was about to put on vermillion when Yuvaan interrupted and applied it to my forehead, marking me as his but this time his eyes hold a different emotion like he is marking me as his with whole heart and pure soul. I closed my eyes, feeling the moment, and when I opened them and my gaze met with his.

He smiled at me, like seriously smiled at me, but why? I scrunched my nose as I remembered how my grumpy Chamgadar can be so rude, arrogant, and such a jerk.

I huffed and headed towards the door, grabbing my bag. I was just about to open the door when he interrupted ,"You're looking...," he paused and pointed his finger on his chin, as if thinking.

I waited for his response, hoping for a compliment.

"I'm looking, what..."

"You're looking..."

"I'm looking..."

"You're looking different," he burst into laughter.

"What's different and why are you laughing, Mr. Mehra?" I said, irritated and angry.

"You...hahaha...you...you wore different sandals," he said, holding his stomach.

I looked down and realized that I was actually wearing mismatched sandals.

I sighed and changed into the same matching pair. I waited for my husband, angry at him, while he stood there laughing like a maniac.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have laughed at you," he said, trying to control his smile.

"Hmm. Let's go."

"Yes, let's go, Daisy," he replied.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face him, completely surprised. "Did you just say Daisy?" I asked him, raising my eyebrows in confusion.

He chuckled and confirmed, "Yes, Daisy!"

"Why?" I questioned, still taken aback.

"I wanted to give you a nickname," he explained.

"But I don't think we're at that level yet," I replied, trying to make sense of the situation.

"Ah, but you already have a nickname for me, don't you? Grumpy Chamgadar," he smirked.