12. TRUTH

We came from the bureau and had a peaceful dinner before going to bed

We came from the bureau and had a peaceful dinner before going to bed. Yuvaan seemed carefree, like there was something else on his mind.

While I was setting up the bed, Yuvaan cleared his throat, but I ignored him. It was tit for tat since he had ignored me many times before.

He cleared his throat again, and this time I turned and sarcastically said
"itni teeki zuban ka kya fayda jab aap se bola hi na jaaye," while crossing my arms. He just stood there, scratching his neck.

(What's the point of having such a sharp tongue if I can't even talk to you?)

"Ab boliye kuch , awaz gale me Beth gyi kya " I said playfully.

(Now say something, has your voice gotten stuck in your throat?)

"I want to say something....woh actually....dadu aur Aryan aa rhe hai abroad se aur next week dadu aur dadi anniversary hai so kya tum meri shopping me help krogi.?" he said, closing his eyes as if he were a child seeking chocolate from his mother.

(I want to say something... well, actually... Grandpa and Aryan are coming from abroad, and next week is Grandpa and Grandma's anniversary. So, will you help me with my shopping?)

I burst into laughter on his way of asking, he does get nervous easily am I looking like a witch, and he slowly opened one eye, followed by the other... ugh, those deep ocean eyes, I could get lost in them...

"Why? Why me? You could also ask Mom and Roohi for help," I said sternly.

"Actually Roohi has some work in the office, and Maa is already deciding the venue and guest list. Chacha and Chachi went to a wedding and will return the day before dadi-dadu's anniversary. Dhruv and Rohit are the worst partners for shopping, and I can't handle it alone. That's why I need your help," he said all in one breath.

"Okay...ahh, who is Aryan?" I asked.

"He is my cousin brother, Maya bua's son," he replied.

"Ohh, I don't think I've met them until now."

"Ahh, actually she had some family issues back then, at the time of our marriage. And after that, there was an issue in their business which actually became a court case. After four years of trial everything is sorted out, so she is coming to the party."

"Oh, but why does no one tell me about your bua's family" I exclaimed.

"Because of some issues I think and we are not that close to bua maybe that's why" he said.

"Ohhh," i exclaimed.

He nodded and went back to his work on the laptop. I am very tired, so I'm going to sleep. You know, it feels very weird sharing a bed together.

But I never feel uncomfortable around him. I mean, he is just different from other men.
Not all men, you know. I've come across many men in my life who are only interested in women's bodies. Maybe that's the reason why I find it hard to trust men.