Lucky Rabbit

Arson's View:

Sam and Dean have been arguing all night. It's quite annoying. Especially because of Phenix's fear of loud noises and arguments. "Because Demon, that's why. I mean the second you find out this Ruby chick is a Demon you go for the holy water! You don't chat!" Dean argues. "No one was chatting, Dean." Sam remarks. "Oh yeah? Then why didn't you send her ass back to Hell?" Dean questions.

"Because - Because she said she might be able to help us out!" Sam exclaims. "How?" I ask. Sam's silent. "No really, Sam, how? How could she possibly help us?" Dean urges. "She told me she could help you, OK?" Sam states. Dean stares at him, not getting it. "Help you out of the crossroad deal." Sam adds. Dean looks at Sam incredulously. "What is wrong with you, huh? She's lying, you gotta know that, don't you? She knows what your weakness is - it's me" Dean pauses.

"What else did she say?" He asks. Sam is silent. So am I, not that Dean knows I overheard that part of their conversation. Not even Sam does. "Dude?" "Nothing." Sam pauses for a second. "Nothing, OK?! Look I'm not an idiot Dean, I'm not talking about trusting her, I'm talking about using her. I mean we're at war, right? And we don't know jack about the enemy; we don't know where they are, we don't know what they're doing. I mean, hell, we don't know what they want. Now this Ruby girl knows more than we will ever find out on our own. Now yes, it's a risk, I know that, but we need to take it." Sam rambles on. "You're okay right, I mean you're feeling okay?" Dean questions. "Yes I'm fine, why are you always asking me that?" Sam remarks.

A phone starts to ring. Sam sighs and reaches for his own. "It's not mine." Sam remarks. Dean looks at his, "Not mine either." I look at Phenix's phone, as they look back at me. I just shake my head. "Check the glove compartment, it's Dad's." Dean explains. "Dad?" Sam questions Dean's words. "Yes, I keep it charged up in case any of his old contacts call." Dean explains. 'Who'd call a dead guy?' I question Phenix. 'Like I'd know. Oh you mean Sam and Dean's dad. John Winchester is a hunter known by some normal people. So they'd call him not knowing he's dead as hunters usually pretend dead to the world already.'

Sam opens the glove compartment, finding John's phone and answers it. "Hello? Yes... this is Edgar Casey..." Sam calls out. "No! No, no, no, don't – don't call the police, I'll handle this myself. Thanks. You know, can you just uh, can you just lock it back up for me? Great. Uhm, I- I uh, I don't have my - my book in front of me," He gestures to Dean for a pen. I hand him one of Phenix's many gel pens. Never understood why they liked drawing so much. Though, whenever we had extra money I snuck out and bought them new art supplies in secret. Then gave it to them from Sara, until we moved for the last time. "do you- do you have the address so I can... Sure, OK. Go ahead. Right, thanks a lot." Sam ends the call.

"Dad ever tell you he kept a container at a storage place?" Sam asks Dean. Now I'm intrigued, a hunter's storage unit? Something in there might help me stop Ruby and all those that follow her. Let's just hope some reckless angel lost something like the last forty years. "What?" Dean looks at us confused. I shrug, Phenix only met John once so he wouldn't know. "Outside of Buffalo?" Sam adds. "No way." Dean denies. "Yeah. And someone just broke into it." Even better! Chaos and protector.

We exit the elevator finding John Winchester's storage unit. Dean unlocks the padlock and opens the sliding door, all three of us flashlights at the ready. On the dusty floor is a symbol drawn in red, along with several bloody footprints. "A devil's trap." I whisper, annoyed, under my breath. "No demons allowed." Sam stares at the symbol. "Blood." Dean remarks.

"Check this out." Dean holds up a tripwire which is attached to a shotgun hidden in a large animal skull. "Whoever broke in here got tagged." I stand outside the unit, waiting for Sam and Dean to end their search. I can tell Phenix is reluctant to come out if he'll just get trapped while curiosity gets the best of him. "Dear old Dad. I got two sets of boot treads here, looks like a two-man job, And our friend with the buckshot in him looks like he kept walking."