Evil Clause

Dean and I stand interviewing the wife of our newest case's victim. Her daughter looks at the glass door at us. "Um, my daughter and I were in our beds. Mike was downstairs decorating the tree. I heard a thump on the roof and then I heard Mike scream. And now I'm talking to the FBI." She finishes retelling the story "And you didn't see any of it?" I ask. "No, he was.. He was just gone." She states. "The doors were locked? There was no forced entry?" Dean questions. "That's right." She confirms. "Does anybody else have a key?" I think of other questions to ask. "My parents." She nods. "Where do they live?" "Florida."

Sam walks out of the house, "Thank you for letting me have a look around, Mrs. Walsh. I think we, uh, got just about everything we need. We're all set." Sam says. "We'll be in touch." I tell her as we start to leave. "Agents..." We all turn back, "The police said my husband might have been kidnapped." She worries. "Could be." Dean agrees.

"Then why haven't the kidnappers called? O-or or demanded a ransom? It's three days till Christmas... What am I supposed to tell our daughter?" She worries even more. "We're very sorry." Sam says. We turn to leave again, this time making it to the Impala.

"Find anything?" Dean asks Sam. Sam sighs, "Stocking, mistletoe... this." He gives Dean something out of his pocket. I look at it, 'A tooth? Where was this?" I examine the tooth, taking it from Dean. "In the chimney." Sam says. "Chimney? No way a man fits up a chimney. It's too narrow." Dean states. "No way he fits up in one piece." I correct. "Alright, so, if dad went up the chimney_" Dean starts, "We need to find out what dragged him up there." Sam finishes.

I stare at the pictures of demons I've plastered on the wall. Sam is searching the internet for information about those demons. The door opens and Dean walks inside, carrying a brown bag. "That better be lunch." I warn. Dean throws me a brownie, I smile at the treat.

"So, was I right? Is it the serial-killing chimney sweep?" Dean questions us. "Yep. It;s, uh, it;s actually Dick Van Dyke." I laugh at the reference. "Who?' Dean questions him. "Mary poppins?" I state, confused, how he'd never seen it. "Who's that?" Dean asks. I roll my eyes, "Oh come one... never mind." Sam waves his hand.

"Well, it turns out that Walsh is the second guy in town grabbed out of his house this month." Dean says. "Oh yeah?" Sam questions. "Yeah." Dean confirms. "The other guy get dragged up the chimney, too?" I asks. "Don't know. Witnesses said they heard a thump on the roof." Dean shrugs, so do Sam and I, "So, what the hell do you think we're dealing with?" Dean questions us.

"Sam has an idea." I remark. "Yeah?" Dean turns to him. "Uh, it's gonna sound crazy." Sam explains. "What could you possibly say that sounds crazy to me?" Dean questions him. "Um... evil santa." Sam smiles. Dean pauses, then nods, "Yeah, that's crazy." Dean confirms. "Yeah... I mean, I'm just saying that there's some version of the anti-Claus in every culture." I turn my computer to show Dean some of the pictures we found. "You got Belsnickel, Krampus, Black Peter." Sam rambles some names. Dean takes the pictures from me, "Some even believe he's a demonic hybrid like me." I add.

"Whatever you want to call it, there's all sorts of lore." Sam finishes. "Saying what?" I start to read off my notes, "It says, Santa's brother went rogue and now he shows up around Christmas time, but instead of bringing presents, he punishes the wicked." "By hauling their ass up chimneys?" Dean looks at us confused. "For starters, yeah." I confirm it.

"So, this is your two's theory, hugh> Santa's shady brother?" Dean questions. "Well, ah... I'm just saying, that's what the lore says." Sam states. "Santa doesn't have a brother. There is no Santa." Dean puts our theory to rest.

"Yeah, I know. You're the one who told me that in the first place, remember." Sam looks up at Dean, who knows down, maybe feeling a little guilty. Sam turns back to his computer and sighs. "Yeah, you know what, we could be wrong. I..." Sam sighs again and shuts his laptop, "Gotta be wrong." Sam states.