Demonic Father

I sit on the floor, sharpening my knives. Bobby is working on the Colt, while Dean is melting metal into bullets. We'd been at Bobby for the last few days, taking a small break from hunting to focus on the Devil's Gate problem.

Sam walks into the room, "Hey." He greets. "Hey, what's up?" Dean inquires, looking up. I tune them in, not bothering to stop my work. "Might've found some omens in Ohio. Dry lighting, barometric pressure drop." Sam states. "Well, that's thrilling." Dean's sarcasm is clearly shown.

"Plus, some guy blows his head off in a church and another goes postal in a hobby shop before the cops take him out." Sam adds. 'Christians.' Arson sighs. "Might be demonic omens." Sam suggests. "Or it could just be a suicide and a psycho crapbooker." Dean dejects. "Yeah, but it's our best lead since Lincoln." Sam comments.

"Where in Ohio?" I ask. "Elizabethville. It's a half-dead factory town in the rust belt." Sam explains. "There's got to be a demon or two in South Beach." Dean remarks. "Sorry, Hef. Maybe next time." Sam smiles.

Sam turns to Bobby, "How's it going, Bobby?" He inquires. "Slow." Bobby replies. "Eh, I tell you, it's a little sad seeing the Colt like that." Dean remarks. "Well, the only thing it's good for now is figuring out what makes it tick." Bobby comments. "So what makes it tick?" Sam questions. Bobby looks up at him, not amused. Sam holds his hands up in amusement.

Dean gets up from his seat, "So, if we want to go check out these omens in Ohio..." Dean smirks. "You think you can have that thing ready by this afternoon." Dean asks teasingly. Sam and I chuckle. Bobby just stares at him incredulously. "Well, it won;t kill demons by then, but I can promise it'll kill you." Bobby smiles. Dean smiles, "All right, come one, we're wasting daylight." Dean rushes us out the door. "See you, Bobby." Sam goodbyes. "Bye Bobby!" I say, about teleport to the car to pick the music. "Hey! You boys run into anything.... ANYTHING.... You call me" We all nod and head out.

We made it to town around nightfall. We got a hotel room and prepared for the morning. I laid out my outfit, then headed right to bed, my wing still weak from Bela's shot. Though, Sam seemed to have healed just fine.

We woke up, got ready, and went to meet Father Gil at the church as insurance company employees.

"There's not much left for the insurance company. It was a suicide... I saw it myself." Father Gil explains. "Well, this shouldn't take long then." Dean remarks. Father Gil sighs, "That's where Andy did it." He points to the heart of the church. "It's the first time I'd seen him in weeks. He used to come every Sunday." He seems close to crying. "When did he stop?" Sam questions. "Probably about... two months ago? Right around the time everything else started to change." Father explains.

"What change?" I inquire. "Oh, let's just say this used to be a town... you could be proud of. People... care about each other. Andy sang in the choir, and then one day, he just... wasn't Andy anymore. It was like he was..." He trails off. "Possessed?" Dean questions. "You could say that. Gambled away his money, cheated on his wife, destroyed his business. Yes, like a switch was flipped." He explains.

"Father, did you know the man who killed those folks in the hobby shop?" I ask. "Sure, Tony Perkins." Father Gil answers. "Tony Perkins." I think to myself. "Good man." Father Gil smiles. "Would you say that his personality suddenly changed one day, too?" I ask. "I never thought about it that way, but... yes about the same time as Andy... about two months ago." He agrees. "Well, thank you, Father. Appreciate your time." Dean ends the discussion

We start to leave, when I remember something, "Two months ago, we opened up the devil's gate..." Sam continues for me, "and all of a sudden this town turns into Margaritaville? It's no coincidence." Sam is sure of himself.