It's Death Calling

Dean hangs up the phone as Sam walks over to us, throwing an unopened can of soda to Sam. I take a sip from my flask, pretending it was whiskey not blood. "So?" Dean inquires about the professor.. "So, the professor doesn't know crap." Sam sighs. "Shocking. Pack your panties, Sammy, we're hitting the road." Dean explains. "What? What's up?" Sam questions him. "Bobby called Dean." I explain. Sam looks to Dean, "Some banker guy blew his head off in Ohio and he thinks there's a spirit involved." Dean finishes. "So you two were talking a case?" Sam asks. "No, we were actually talking our feelings And then our favorite boy bands. Yeah, we were talking a case!" 'Ugh they're arguing again.'

"So a spirit, what?" Sam asks. "Yeah, the banker was talking about some sort of electrical problems at his pad for like a week. Phone was going haywire, computer was flipping on and off." Dean tells. "Huh..." Sam thinks aloud. "This is not ringing your bell?" I ask. "Well, sure, yeah. But, Phen, Dean, we're already on a case." Sam states. "Whose?" Dean asks. "Yous." Sam stares at him, slightly annoyed. "Right. Yeah. Well, you coulda fooled me." Dean remarks. "What the hell else have we been doing lately other than trying to break your deal?" That part was true, we were going everywhere, since the last hunt, to end dean's deal. "Chasing our tails, that's what. Sam, we've talked to every professor, witch, soothsayer and two bit carny act in the lower 48. Nobody knows squat! And we can't find Bela, we can't find the Colt. So until we actually find something, I'd like to do my job." Dean is angry.

"Well there's one thing we haven't tried yet..." Sam starts. "Sam, no." Dean denies. "We should summon Ruby." Sam suggests. "I'm not gonna have this fight with you." Dean says. "She said she knows how to save you." Sam tells. I try not to sadly tell Sam the truth...'Ruby doesn't have a cure for Dean.' I sigh. I see Phenix appear in my mind. That night we danced. 'He was so happy, but if he knew the truth....Dean couldn't be saved...would he smile ever again?' One thing I knew better than Phenix was how to block people out of my mind. I knew how to stop him from hearing me. Though, he didn't know how to stop me from hearing him when I wanted to.

"Well, she can't." Dean tells Sam the truth. "Oh really, you know that for sure? How?" Sam asks. "Because she told me, okay!" Dean exclaims. "What?" Sam asks. "She told me. Flat out. She can't save me, nobody can." Dean tells him. "And you just somehow neglected to mention this to me?" Sam asks. "Well, I really don't care what that bitch thinks and neither should you, so..." "So what you're keeping secrets from us, Dean?" I ask, faking innocence. "You really wanna talk about who's keeping secrets from who?" Dean shuts me up. We all stare at each other in silence for a long moment. Sam and I turn away.

"Now where you going?" Dean asks. "Guess I'm going to Ohio." Sam shrugs.

Phenix's view:

I stare at the mirror, sadly. I never really got used to my mind palace being my childhood house. I usually chilled in my room, scared to exit to the rest of the house because of the loss of my family. I try to open the door to the house, but it doesn't work.

Arson's view:

Sam, Dean, and I turn into the driveway of the house where our victim died.

We walk into the study, guided by Mrs. Waters, the victim's wife. She points to the room, "I found him there." "Why don't you tell us everything you saw, Mrs. Waters." I ask. She looks confused, "You mean besides my dead husband?" She asks me. "Just everything else you saw. Please." Sam reasks. Mrs. Waters sighs, "Blood. Everywhere. The phone was ripped from the wall, his favorite scotch on the desk, what else could you possibly want to know?" She asks, annoyed. "Why was the phone ripped from the wall?" Sam inquires. "I don't know." She responds.

"Can we have a look around?" I ask. "I already went over this with the other detectives." Mrs. Waters is a bit angered at us. "We'll be out of your hair in no time, ma'am." Dean explains. Sam presses a few buttons, "Ma'am, what time did your husband die?" Sam asks. "Sometime after 11." She sighs.