The Witches and The Truth

I sit on the floor watching Sam search the room. Sam looks through drawers, under cabinets, in the tub... searching for any clues. "We're not ruling out anything yet. Mr. Dutton did Janet have any enemies?" Dean questions. "I'm sorry?" Mr. Dutton is caught off guard. Dean was questioning Mr. Dutton in Janet's bedroom.

I look under the sink, bored, and actually find something. I place it in my hoodie pocket, seeing Sam is ready to go. I open the door, "Mr. Dutton?" Dean questions him. "Uh, everyone loved Janet." He explains. I nod at Dean so he knows we're done investigating. "Okay. Thank you very much; I think we've got everything we need. We'll get out of your way now." Dean smiles.

We walk outside, into the pouring rain, towards the Impala. "That dude seem a little evasive to you?" Dean asks us. "I don't know, honestly I wasn't listening... but I found this." I hand Dean a hex bag I had found under the sink. We all stop as Dean takes the bag and opens it. "A hex bag?" Sam questions me. I nod. "Awww gross." We look at the ingredients finding bird bones, rabbit's teeth and a piece of cloth. "The cloth is probably cut from something Janet Dutton owned." I theory. Dean looks back at the house for a second, then turns giving me back the hex bag as we continue walking,

"So we're thinking witch?" Dean asks us both. "Uh, yeah, and not some new aged wicked water douser either. This is Old World black magic Dean, I mean, warts and all." I explain.

Dean gets in and turns to Sam and me, "I hate witches." He states. Sam and I chuckle at this. "Same." I smile. I get into the back, placing my backpack on the floor. "Someone definitely had it out for Janet Dutton." Sam comments. "Yeah, someone snuck into the house and planted the bag. So what are we thinking, we're uh, looking for some ol craggy Blair bitch in the woods?" Dean inquires. "Nope, could be anyone here. Witches... they're human like everyone else." Dean groans, "Great. How do we find 'em?" Dean asks. "This wasn't random; someone in Janet Dutton's life had an ugly axe to grind. We find the motive-" I start. "We find the murderer." Dean finishes. "Yeah." Sam confirms our answer. Dean starts the Impala and pulls away from the curb, driving off in the rain to our room.

We slowly pull up to Paul's house as the clock struck 10:30pm. We see Paul open the door of his car, falling onto the pavement hunched over, choking. Dean and I run over to Paul, Sam being left to search for the hex bag. I try my best to help Paul breathe better, but all my efforts are wasted. "Sam!" Dean panics. "Got it!" Sam calls back, removing the hex bag he found as Dean and I help Paul up from the pavement. "Come on." Dean hurries. Sam lights the hex bag on fire and drops it to the ground as it glows with blue and green flames.

Paul recovers and leans back against his car. "Are you okay?" I worry. "What the hell is happening to me?!" Paul panics. "Someone murdered your wife and now they're trying to kill you, that's what's happening to you." Dean gets straight to the point. "That's impossible! There's no way_" I cut him off, "If we didn't follow you, you'd be a doornail right now. Now who wants you dead?' I insist on solving this before we lose him.

"I-uh..." Paul is still unstable, "Come on think." I urge. "There's a woman... uh." Paul starts. "A woman, okay?" Dean compliments, trying to get more. "An affair- a mistake, she was unbalanced, she was blackmailing me and I put an end to it a week ago." He explains. "What's her name?" Sam asks. "What- what could she have to do with-" Dean cuts him off, "Paul! What is her name?" Dean exclaims. "Amanda." He yells out.

I watch as Dean picks the lock to Amanda's house. We enter, closely behind each other, with our guns drawn. We enter the first room to find Amanda's lifeless body on the table covered in blood and switch on the light. The flames are still burning, so she must have died recently. I stare at the body, "That's a curveball." I comment. "Yeah." Sam nods slightly , confused.

We approach the body, Dean lifting her right arm with the barrel of his gun then looks at the other as well, "Three per wrist, vertical. She wasn't foolin' around." I stare at the cuts, my eyes giving off a dark blue glow.