What Lies Beneath 59-60

*Violence, Language*

~59~

"Bloody hell. I'll be there as soon as I can. Phil, I know what Joe's done is bad but do you honestly think Joe's doing this out of cold blood? It just doesn't sound like him."

"I know Rick but right now our concern needs to be Victoria. No matter what the reason, Joe deserves whatever's coming to him. No man should ever raise a hand to a woman. I don't care who they are." Phil said heatedly.

"I agree with you mate. See you in a few." Phil talked to Viv and then turned down the next street about six blocks from Joe's house.

Sav looked to the garage and saw that Joe had not gotten home yet. He walked up the steps and sat down on the white padded lawn chair to wait.

Twirling his keys around his fingers, Sav looked up when he heard the familiar sound of the viper driving down the street. Joe pulled into the driveway and sauntered up the sidewalk pausing when he saw Sav sitting on the front porch.

"Hey mate, what are you doing here? Where's Victoria?" Joe asked calmly.

Sav leaped from the lawn chair tossing his keys to the ground and flew off the porch landing a punch dead center on Joe's jaw. Joe staggered back and snapped his head up and lunged at Sav.

Sav didn't give him the chance to return the punch as he tackled him to the ground landing a punch to his nose then punched him again in the jaw. "You fucking bastard. How could you do that to Victoria?" Sav screamed landing his fist into Joe's mouth. Joe managed to throw Sav off him and stood wiping the blood from his mouth panting as he looked at Sav.

"I don't know what you're fucking talking about." Joe said evenly, spitting the blood from his mouth.

~60~

Sav lunged at him punching him in the stomach then spun around bringing his leg up in the air and connected his foot to Joe's jaw hearing a sickening crunch as Joe fell back landing with a groan on the hard ground.

Joe moaned loudly and tried standing when Sav brought his foot up kicking him in the ribs and Joe fell back to the ground holding his stomach. Sav felt no longer in control of his anger as he brought his foot back and landed another kick to Joe's ribcage.

Phil, Rick and Viv all pulled up at Joe's house at the same time and Phil jumped from the car when he saw Sav going after Joe. Grabbing Sav by his arms, Phil pulled him back away from Joe.

"Sav, stop it. He's had enough." Sav struggled to get loose.

"The fuck he has. Let me go so I can kick his ass some more." Phil held him firmly and looked at Joe then back to Sav.

"I know you're pissed Sav but beating the shit out of him isn't going to solve anything. Let the police handle it."

Joe pulled himself up to his knees holding his ribcage as he spat more blood from his mouth. Rick and Viv helped him to his feet and held his arms so he couldn't go after Sav.

Sav glared at Joe. "You son of a bitch. I ought to kill you for what you did to Victoria. What the fuck did she do to deserve that Joe? Have you completely lost your mind? What the fuck is wrong with you?" Sav screamed at him.

Joe looked down at the ground without answering as the reality of what he'd done sunk into him. He fell to his knees placing his face into his hands and began sobbing.

Sav looked up hearing sirens and saw two police cars approaching the house. The officers ran up the sidewalk over to where Joe still sat on his knees and pulled him to his feet.