=CHAPTER 25=

(long chapter ahead lol)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The puppy?"

A small dog, not bigger than 3 stacked apples, was wagging his tail at her. The puppy had his tongue out, breathing heavily. He was looking at her with a curious look. She knew he recognized her. He let his head fall a bit to his side, but soon, a surge of energy took over the small furball and he put his two paws on her feet.

'It's so adorable- Omg-'

The dog was a small German Shepherd. She wondered why these hunters were trying to get him. Why would they need a small puppy? For it's fur? To train it? Maybe, but it looked pretty illegal to her.

Reich prevented them from attacking her and the puppy. That's one of the few times she will be actually grateful to him.

Suddenly, a breeze of cold air ran through her skin. True, it's the 19 of December and it's getting cold. Now that she thought about it, Christmas is pretty soon, isn't it?

She wondered how the small German family celebrated Christmas. Christmas is a family holiday. But this family... Well, it doesn't have the best relations with each other. Until some days ago, Germany was shunned by his own father, Reich was having family problems everywhere and some days ago she was also in 20XX, when she had a normal student life.

Damn, it's been already at least a month.

Do they know back at home, that she is fine? That she is being taken care of in the hands of the same Third Reich nation. Which is also not very assuring, but it's not like she's dying in the front lines.

The small dog got closer to her legs and it got closer to find some kind of warmth. The poor animal was cold, freezing against her leg.

It looked very weak and with minimal energy. She couldn't bear to look at it suffer like that.

She got closer to the ground and she took the said animal in her arms.

The small canine didn't refuse, in contrary, it curled up in her arms and hid from the wind. She looked at it sadly, maybe she'll find something for it to eat and help it recover.

While she carried it home, she rubbed it's fur behind it's ear. The small pup licked her hand affectionately.

It was so adorable.

Then, when she looked through the window, she saw that Reich was in the corridor greeting servants. He looked so cold and serious she would never guess it's him.

Wait, Reich?

What would Reich think about her taking this puppy inside the mansion?

What if he gets mad about it?

He did say he couldn't take care of any animal when they talked together.

She looked at him and Reich apparently finished talking with the maids and servants. He continued walking somewhere with a cold look on his face. He did have an intimidating aura for his servants...

Would it be the same with the puppy?

If he was indeed so scary and intimidating, he could give the young dog a heart attack.

She couldn't bear the thought of the weak dog dying in her arms.

It would be best if she took care of it in secret.

She waited for Reich to walk to the end of the long corridor and then she quickly skipped to her room. Before she went inside, she checked if some maid was in there, just in case the 'Astrid incident' happens again. She was still ashamed from the time she let her see that map. If it was any other maid, she could have been reported to Reich himself and then she would have real problems.