Chapter 2

Mahima Pov :

It was 3 o clock in the noon.

I am staring at the big building , "Choudhary group of technology"

Yes,I am here to join in this company.

I went into the company and looked at it in awe.The interiors were so good.I immediately knew I'm gonna habituate to the new environment so soon.I can't wait enough to see the cafeteria!!

Consy : Thoda tho sharam karo!!

What ??!! I can't remember it again and again just to be sad. I'm just trying to fit in the new office.

I quickly went to the reception and told the receptionist my name.

She immediately goes,"Oh, We are waiting for you only Ms.Mehra. Please go to the 8th floor and knock on the Ceo's door. He asked you to meet him after you came." With a light smile,maybe a fake smile??..... I don't know why I felt that.

I smiled at her too as she showed me the lift.

I immediately got inside thinking why would the CEO wants to meet me and went to the 8th floor.

I knocked on the tinted glass door and heard a hoarse "Come in".

I went inside the office and looked at the interiors of the office,mostly black and grey but there's something interesting here. While I was busy in staring at the cabin,I heard someone clearing their throat.

Consy : You are the biggest embarassment of my life Mahi....Don't be a bitch,Greet your new boss.

Oh shit...

I looked at him,hair perfectly set,a frown resting on his face,dark eyes,lightly tanned skin tone and the jawline is turning me on.....ugh.....

Consy : He's your boss,Idiot.

Right....

"Vikram Usha Choudhary,CEO". Usha is his mom's name I guess. How cute....

"Hello sir",I greeted with a light smile.

I'm sure he has a six pack behind that suit...

"Hi,Mahima.Please have a seat"

"Yeah,Thank you".

"Umm...Mihir told me everything.You will be a team lead here too.And salary also will be the same. And yeah I'll ask any girl to explain to you about the project we are doing right now.And feel free to tell me about any discomfort.You may start working tomorrow. For now,you can look around the company"he said while I nodded to everything he said.

Well...That was sweet, considering the image he has!

"Thank you,Sir. That's so nice of you".

Then there was awkward silence as both of us didn't speak anything but stared at each other.

Then I said,"Well, I'll take my leave then,Sir".

He nodded and I turned back to leave. When I opened the door,"Mahima.." I heard and turned back.

He wet his lips and I waited for him to say something but "Umm..Nothing,you can leave".

I smiled and left his office.

Then Payal,another team lead,showed me around the office.

The company was really nice and comfortable. I was slightly amused when
Payal told me that my desk ready already. Payal was sweet,I got positive vibes from her,maybe she'll be a good friend.

With that,I told Payal that I'm leaving and called Rohan. He arrived in no less than 10 minutes and we headed home.

Rohan and Tara were shocked when I said I resigned Khanna & co, because I never did any complaint about the company and infact told them I would work in this company for my whole life. But then I told them that I was wishing for some growth and things like that.
Well they still did a CBI interrogation about the whole thing but I managed. I lied though...

Can't tell them anything,they'll be worried.

Rohan also stayed for 2 hours as it's been so long since we sat to down to talk. With the banter and bickering of Tara and Rohan,we quickly made and ate dinner together.

We were still talking,then Rohan got up and said "I'll leave then,my parents would be waiting".

I quickly nodded and gave some snacks I made a few days ago for aunty and uncle. As I followed Rohan to the main door,he quickly turned and stood silently,looking at me.

"What happened,Ro ?? "

"Are you sure you are okay Mahi ?"

"Of course I am Ro,why would you even think that ?"

"Because it's not like you to suddenly quit the company you admire Mahi,you love that company , the people and you even found your Roshni there, recently you told me you would work here your whole life".

"Yeah Ro,but I told you I was seeking some growth".

"Stop it Mahi....I know you're lying. I know you didn't tell me anything because Tara would get worried".

He knows me...

Consy : Be serious bitch. This isn't the time to simp for him.

"Ro,I am okay. And I won't be able to hide anything from you "

Except the fact that I'm dying for you...

"Mahi,remember I am here. Whenever you want to tell me,you can tell me.Okay ??"

"Yeah,Ro. I know that".

We hugged from side and waved him bye from my balcony.

He left and then the same investigation was lead by my little monster. I told the same to her also.

Roshni called me and asked if I was fine and comforted me with her jokes. God...I'm gonna miss her so much. Hope I find a good friend here also.

I was about to sleep and then someone opened my door.

There stood my little one with a blanket and a pout.

I quickly moved to a side and she crashed on the bed and tried to blackmail me with her puppy face coz she thought I was hiding something. We spent the night almost like a girl's night after so long. And yeah,she was convinced that nothing happened to me by now.

Consy : Good , I thought you were gonna spill everything and make them worried. After all you and your heart always have to be emotional !!

You are definitely my biggest enemy Consy...

After some time , my little girl hugged and mumbled,"Mumma,you know I am here right ?"

Okay , she is trying to become my mumma now.

"Yeah baby, now go to sleep ".

I kissed her forehead and started to brush her hair with my fingers.

She started snoring lightly after a while.

I couldn't sleep that early and the thoughts about what happened today filled my mind again. But I managed to sleep as I shouldn't be late for my first day in the new office....