Chapter 8

The next day....

After a slow day at work, it's time to go. I started packing my bag to leave. The office started to become empty. I took out my phone to call Rohan but I heard a voice from behind.

"Come Mahima.."

My hot CEO.

Wait Is he planning to drop me today too ??

"It's fine sir. I have my friend to pick me up."

He heard but he stood there silently.

After a few seconds, he started to walk away and said "I said , Come".

That's what it took. I called Rohan and told him I'm coming on my own. I quickly kept my phone in my bag and started to follow him taking long strides. As we walked to the lift, I made sure that everybody in the office left and nobody is seeing us.

We sat in the car and I spoke,"Sir you don't need to do this. I mean I was going to go alone yesterday , but I have my friend to drop me everyday. So..."

He didn't say anything but focused on the road.

Am I being so casual with him ? Why did I even get into his car ? Why is ho so desperate to pick me up ??

Ok whatever. From tomorrow, I'll call Rohan.

Before the silence turns awkward, I decided to started a conversation.

"How did you meet Mihir sir, sir ??"

"Well...he was my senior in college. We became friends there. And there's no turning back. Now he is family. He is the one who gets me after my mother. "

"College friendship it is.... That's so nice" I smiled.

He stared at me for a second. What does that mean ???

Ok let's be silent now.

I haven't spoke anything since we arrived at the entrance of my street.

I thanked him and got out of the car.

Yes....he too got out and walked to my home maintaining a gap between us. I quickly went to the balcony and turned to leave.

This gesture of him....it just feels like I'm in the right hands.

The more I want to stop thinking about him, the more I am actually thinking about him.

The way he is behaving as if he is responsible for my safety is too sweet to not think about.

Vikram's pov  :

Call me a creep or anything. I am watching the CCTV footage of my employees.

'Employee' to be specific.

I noticed she didn't leave today even when work hours are completed.

So she is gonna work overtime.

Does that mean that idiot of a friend won't come to pick her up ?

I think this is when I should take the situation into my hands.

I waited until she worked.

After may be an hour, she closed her laptop and started packing her bag. I quickly went down and offered to drop her home. And she agreed quite fast.

I started a conversation with her. Well me being me that conversation was so damn short.

Madam doesn't want her neighbours to see me dropping her, so she wanted me to drop her at the entrance of her sheet. So I followed her maintaining a gap. Poor her didn't know even if I follow her from behind. People would easily realise that I dropped her.

She stopped in front of an apartment might be her's. And went to the balcony and looked at me. Just so I know that she reached safely, I left from there.

The next day, she was about to leave on time. I quickly went down as she closed her laptop. Just as she was about to call her friend, I told her to follow me and ofcourse she tried to tell me that she would go on her own. But stubbornness was given by mom genetically. So, I dropped her home that day too.

I made this our daily routine.

Daily, as soon as she closed her laptop, I went down and offered her a ride.

It's been a week like this.

And guess what.....she too started to come without starting to argue.

She even started to make little conversations without making it awkward for both of us.

After dropping her, I too went home.

I forgot to tell you, my maata ji is super suspicious of me now. Whether I really have someone I like or I am just pretending to avoid conversations about marriage.

I  noticed she closed her laptop and I quickly got down. As I got to her while talking in phone, she saw me and automatically joined me.

Ok. First win.....

Well done Vikki, more to go......

I'm feeling so many things now. Her making a habit to join me to the car...

Soon baby soon...not just my car. Everything of mine will be yours.

Mahima's pov:

It's been a week.

Since he started to drop me home.

Well...about work, the project is going on nicely. My boss is being so sweet for me. And it became a new habit, him dropping me home.

We even started having little conversations....He is even smiling and laughing with me about all the stupid things I talk. I can call him, 'a friend' maybe......

He is single.

I never asked him about the person he likes. Neither did he mentioned anytime.

He never even dated anyone.

He thinks his mother and Mihir sir are the only family he has.

About his father and siblings, he never mentioned.

He mentions about his mother way too much.

He respects women. Which is making me go crazy about him.

He never talked shit about any woman. Maybe I am not that much close that he shares about all these things. But yeah, upto now, never.

He just minds his own business.

He loves his privacy.

These are some of the things I got to know about him.

His driving, oh my god. His large, veiny hands on the steering wheel are literally a turn on. Holy shit, only I know how much I am controlling myself to not stare at them.

What do you expect, if you have a ravishingly handsome boss, who is only nice to you, which I think is obviously a big sign.

But I'm not having expectations from him. It might not end up well.

Shoving all my thoughts, I came back to my senses.
It's time to leave.

I closed my laptop and started to pack my things and I heard footsteps from behind. I immediately realised who it was and continued to walk towards the lift. Then I realised he was on a call having his earpods on.

We got into the car and he was gesturing me something which I couldn't understand.

I made a blank face and stared at him, not able to understand.

Then he did something, that made my breath stop.

He leaned dangerously close to me, close enough to make our lips meet and...... adjusted my seatbelt.

He was about to learn backwards but our eyes met and we stayed like that for maybe 5 seconds.

And suddenly he got back to senses and started talking on the phone while driving.

I couldn't start any conversation today. Even after finishing his call, we stayed silent until we reached my street.