Chapter 3

Mahima's Pov :

I went to the office as usual and my Roshni gave a big smile showing off all her 32 teeth.

Which means Vinay "bitch" Verma is not here to torture me.

It's was 11 o clock exactly and I got a little tired just sitting infront of the computer. So I moved back in my chair and started to do some stretching.

And suddenly Bitch Verma came with CEO,wait......Why is he pointing at me ??

"I told you before that she is not the right person".Vinay said to CEO.

Consy : What did you do....

I didn't do anything...

He came close to me and said,"Tell me how did he paid you ?"

"Paid me ? Who ? What are you talking about ??"

"Sir,she is the one who left the office the last. You can ask the security guard."

"I did left the last yesterday. What then ?"

"You entered the Ceo's office didn't you ?"

"What ? Why would I ? I don't even know the password of sir's private elevator."

Mihir sir spoke,"Ms.Mehra,Someone entered my office and leaked an important file of our upcoming project."

"Sir, You may not know me personally because I never worked directly under you. But I promise that I really appreciate you and the company. I am loyal to the company, I really love working here. And I would never do that. You can ask anyone how many times I told them I love this company." I explained.

When Mihir sir was about to say something,Vinay cut him off,"Good performance Ms.Mehra,now tell me how much he paid you?"

"What's wrong with you Vinay ? If you don't trust me,just think how would I even get into sir's cabin ?"

Yes,we all don't know the passcode of the private elevator infact it requires Ceo's fingerprint.You can only go to sir's cabin through that elevator. He even meets everyone in the lobby or in the meeting room.

"Ms.Mehra, don't worry I wasn't suspecting you. It's just Vinay who expressed his thoughts." Mihir sir spoke.

Atleast he doesn't suspect me.

"Why don't you check the CCTV footage then,Vinay ?"

"Oh,we wanted to,Ms.Mehra. But you were clever to erase it before we check it."

"I didn't do anything. I promise."

"Really ? Then whose bracelet is this Ms.Mehra ?? Sir found it in his office."

"I-I-It is mine" I said as tears welled up in my eyes.

Consy : Mahi..Don't cry. You didn't do anything. Think about how you get out of the situation.

"There it is. Isn't it clear now,Sir?"

"No. I didn't do anything. It's just someone plotting against me. You can ask anyone in this office about me." I said strongly.

Roshni spoke "Yes sir. She wouldn't do anything like that. That's for sure."

"Sir,the whole office know that they are best friends. You can trust what Ms.Ahuja said."

"Ok guys. I've listened to everyone. It's my turn now to know the truth."

"You guys can continue with what you're doing. Ms.Mehra,please. I am not suspecting you. Just do you work. Am I clear ?"

"Yes sir." I spoke.

I continued working. But I couldn't focus as tears welled up in my eyes due to the humiliation. Why would he blame me ??

And how did the bracelet go into ceo's office...ughh....

I went to the cafeteria during lunch. Roshni was comforting me but people were giving me that " she is a cheater " look. Ok, so the people I worked with these long time didn't even trust me. I guess that's how all workplaces are. Can't blame them.

I quickly went to my desk and typed out a resignation letter. I know it's impulsive. But I can't handle this negativity.

I submitted the letter to the HR. Wait.... I'm running away. I should prove the truth right ? If I run away now,people may actually think I did that.

Wrong step Mahi....

Consy : Well done. Making a decision and then regretting it within 2 seconds.

What the hell did I do ??

When I was busy cursing myself , I saw Mihir sir approaching me.

"Have a look Ms.Mehra."

I took the tab from his hand and saw that my bracelet fell down my hand and after sometime Vinay dragged it with his shoe. He did it and this son of a bitch blamed it on me.

Mihir sir suddenly said with a loud voice,"Before anyone could think anything about Ms.Mehra, let me tell you she didn't do anything. She's innocent and it was Mr.Vinay Verma who leaked our company secrets and I fired him. We'll appoint someone as a replacement for him soon. I did verified it myself. So you all should really focus on your work".

Mihir sir asked me to follow him and we both went to the lobby. Then he spoke,"I didn't suspected you Ms.Mehra. You shouldn't have took that impulsive decision to resign. I was just informed about it. But since you took your final decision, I approve your resignation."

What?? He said himself that I took an impulsive decision then why would he approve my resignation...

Before I can speak anything, he himself spoke " But I do have an offer for you.
Choudhary group of technology,ever heard the name ?"

"Ofcourse sir. What about it " I asked nervously.

"You have an offer there. The ceo is my best friend. The same position as here. I am slightly sad that I lost a really good employee like you but yeah it's good for you and only you get to took your own decisions. So, I advise you to take the offer."

"Sir,-"

He cut me off,"It's ok Ms.Mehra, You must have thought something before taking this decision. I respect that, So take this offer."

Ok...is he kicking me out ?? This is so weird.

Consy : Now see the consequences. You always have to trust your bloody heart than me. Now go. Leave the company you love. Leave the friends you made. And Roshni.

Wait... How can I tell him I want to stay ??

Ok, I'll take the offer.

"Yes sir."

"Good.You can go to that company today My driver will drop you ".

I nodded and left.

What just happened....ughhhhhhhh...I really messed up.

Ok Mahi....You took a decision by yourself. Now stick to that. Anyways, a change in a company couldn't be that bad.

A driver drove me to Choudhary group of technology.

Author:

The plot will start soon. So please do encourage,comment,vote and the updates will be really fast. You won't wait for so long.

Thanks for reading...💗