Chapter 5

Present :

After that party I always wanted to see her. Mihir son of a bitch told Maa and she is so excited and she too started teasing me. Even then, I started going to Mihir's office whenever I was free just to see her. I watched her every move and eventually that became an obsession, just watching her doing own job, not giving me a fuck.

The way she wishes everyone with a genuine smile, the way she eats like a cute panda whenever she's stressed, the way she pouts when she's sad, the way she calls her sister every then and there just to make sure she is okay and finally her reading glasses.......fuck me if that isn't a big turn on.

I am actually jealous of her best friend Roshni. She hugs her and even kisses her on her cheek which makes me so angry. She even pulls her chubby cheeks which I am dying to touch now.

Work wise, she's amazing. Never complained about more work. Always finishes her work before going home but it's sometimes bad because it becomes too late. Never asked for an increment or promotion. Rarely takes leaves. So professional, never interferes in other people's personal lives.

I even know the place she hangouts on weekends, her favourite dance moves,her friend circle...of course that idiot who drops her everyday. I've been stalking her for 3 years. So, I had to know all this. I was just waiting for a moment to make a move without her misunderstanding me. Now I guess I have her all to me. So it's time..to make a move but I am so damn nervous.

One month later :

Maa excitingly asked today too,"Baat Kiya Bahu se ?"

"Nahi maa"

"Kya hai Vikki, mera beta hai tu...itna slow ??"

"Maa I'm a boss. She is an employee. I have to make sure she isn't uncomfortable because of me. Time aane do."

"Tera time pata nahi kab aayega.."

Really yaar....kab aayega ???

It's been a whole month and it's just her wishing me or having professional communications and tomorrow I'm gonna try something new...

Next morning :

"Sir, thank you so much for this offer but I really don't think I can do this. "

" I trust you Mahima. I've been seeing your potential since 1 month. And in sure Mihir wouldn't suggest you unless you have the spirit. So I really want you to do this. And I'm quite busy in another project. That's the reason I'm asking you to do this. And you can anytime come to me when you have doubts. "

"But sir.."

"No buts Mahima..."

She took a deep breath closing her eyes and replied " Yes Sir."

" Good. So get back to your usual. Tomorrow you're gonna start the new project."

"Thank you sir"

She left giving me a tight smile.

Yes, I assigned a whole project to her. So that I can be close to her. She has to come to me whenever she has some doubts. And yeah..she deserves it. I'm seeing my employees also being enthusiastic after her joining. So I don't think she'll disappoint me.

Since she joined I started going on rounds more frequently just to see her.

In the lunch break, I went to the cafeteria and she's nowhere to be seen. I was searching for her and I saw someone talking on phone walking in the balcony. Is that her ??

I silently went near the balcony and tried to hear a conversation without making a sound.

" Rosh, I really don't want you to cancel your plans. I'll go with Tara. It's fine..."

"Are you sure ?? Anish won't be upset na ?"

"Ok then. At 8pm, Sushi House. Fine with you ??"

"Love you too bye.."

I quickly went back from there not wanting to get caught.

8 pm. Sushi house. Noted

Mahima's pov :

It's been one month exactly. Honestly I feel good. Good people. Good cafeteria. Not too much work. I ain't regretting my impulsive decision as of now. Honestly I miss Rosh.

About my hot boss, well he is hot but don't think I have anything to deal with him. He is unexpectedly nice to me. He is not that nice, from what I've heard about him.

I felt like getting ready today. So I took even more time for little makeup and some selfies.Ro dropped me and Tara as usual and I went to the office, 5 minutes late I guess.

But no one does anything. And guess what...Vinay Bitch Verma won't be there.

Consy: Ahh....can't even describe my relief.

As soon as I entered, Payal called me,
" Hey Mahima...Woahh.. Someone's looking gorgeous hmm..."

Ahh.. girls' compliments are something else.

"Thank you. You too... beautiful as always."

Ofc, we have to compliment back. Coz they also become more beautiful after complimenting you.

" Thank you and yeah, CEO asked for you"

What ?? For me. But I haven't done anything...

I went to 8th floor by lift and knocked on his door,preparing myself for everything.

"Come in" I heard.

"Sir you wanted to see me ??"

" Yeah. Mahima, is everything alright ?? You comfortable here ??"

"Yes sir. I am. Well you never even made me work overtime and cafeteria's food is so good."

Consy: Food?? Seriously Mahi ??

Ah shit...

He lightly chuckled and started talking further. " So the reason I called you is..."

He passed me a file.

Okayy..An upcoming project I guess.

" You're gonna take lead for that.Lead as in everything. I'm busy with another project and I thought you are perfect for this. "

I was too shocked to speak anything. I'm just a team lead...

"Sir I don't think I've heard you right...umm..."

"You did Mahima. "

I tried to argue but he convinced saying Mihir sir approved me and I have a potential. Ok now I really wanna do this. I finally said yes and prepared myself to work on it from tomorrow.

I got out of his cabin and did my usual work.

In the lunch break, I was eating with Payal and others. They are really nice people and I felt really comfortable with them in a short period of time.

I suddenly started to miss Rosh. So I made a quick call to Roshni asking her to go out tonight. Just me, her and Tara as in a girls' night. She agreed even when she had plans with Anish saying she misses me too and wanted to have a girls' night.

After a slow day of work, I got home and Roshni already came over saying she wanted to get ready together.

Honestly, getting ready together is a next level happiness. I swear that's when all of my insecurities take a back seat.

I got ready in a sleeveless Maroon bodycon dress with a crew neck and ends below my knees. It fits like a glove and my curves are absolutely at point and yeah a slight curve of my well-fed tummy too. I found that cute as of now.

We took a taxi and reached the restaurant.