Chapter 1 - First Meeting

Chapter 1 The first

sound

was the knock on the door that Zheng Qiu asked Shen Wandi to get up in the morning, "Wandi, are you awake? It's time to get up for breakfast. Don't be late for work." It was almost six o'clock, and the sound came from the door on time. She heard the voice of Shen Wandi's mother, Zheng Qiu, calling Shen Wandi to get up and have breakfast.

Hearing the sound, Shen Wandi stretched, then stood up and rubbed his face: "Get up." After

breakfast, before going out, Shen Wandi put on a short floral jacket while listening to Zheng Qiu ask: "It's almost the end of the year. Did your photo studio tell you when to take a break?"

Shen Wandi clasped the buttons on her hands and said casually: "No, but it's almost over. Just these two days. What's wrong, Mom, what's the matter with you?"

"No, Mom just asked, okay, you go to work."

Shen Wandi has had good academic performance since she was a child. She was only 15 years old in 1977. I was in my second year of high school. After the college entrance examination was resumed, I directly signed up to take the exam and was admitted to Beijing Normal University.

She was among the youngest students admitted to university at that time. University at that time was a three-year system. After graduation, she was directly assigned to work as a teacher at the Huaqing Affiliated Middle School. Shen Wandi is 19 years old this year and has been working for a year.

It's winter vacation now, and Shen Wandi has nothing to do. Besides, he also likes photography, so he found a short-term job in a photo studio. It can be regarded as studying while working, but the salary is not high, only 19.5 a month. But Shen Wandi was already very satisfied.

After Shen Wandi went out, she realized that it had snowed last night, a thin layer. Zheng Qiu chased him out and told him: "You ride more slowly on the road." Shen Wandi bowed her hands and said,

"I know. ."

So Shen Wandi, who was wrapped up tightly, got on his bicycle and went out of the door, pedaling cautiously towards the photo studio.

There are very few pedestrians in the early morning. There are only one or two breakfast stalls on the roadside, but it is full of human smoke.

It had just snowed, and after a night of freezing, the ground was very slippery. Even though I was wrapped in a scarf, the heat in my mouth kept coming out.

Shen Wandi secretly missed her warm bed. She was thinking about speeding up a little and hurrying to the photo studio. She saw an old man in front of him, holding a hot bun just out of the oven. He suddenly slipped and fell. .

This is amazing. Shen Wandi was not afraid of falling and hurried over quickly.

He hurriedly came to the old man's side. The old man was lying on the ground and groaning. He was afraid that he had fallen badly. Shen Wandi wanted to send him to the hospital, but he did not dare to act rashly.

I can't move it myself!

Just when he was at a loss what to do, a tall man from the People's Liberation Army strode over and asked, "What's wrong?"

Seeing that someone was helping, it was the People's Liberation Army, Shen Wandi immediately felt relieved: "Maybe the road was too slippery, and the man accidentally stepped on it. He fell. I want to send him to the hospital, but I can't help him."

The People's Liberation Army nodded clearly, "Okay, leave this matter to me, uncle! Where is your home address? ?"

The uncle vaguely gave an address. At this time, the stall owner and passers-by came over and helped the old man onto Ji Yanli's back.

Ji Yanli said, "Can any of you please go to his home and let us know, and we will take him to the nearest hospital." The

bun seller agreed immediately. Shen Wandi was riding a bicycle, with Ji Yanli's luggage hanging on the bike, and Ji Yanli was carrying The old man went to the hospital together.

The two of them were like a young couple who brought an old man at home to see a doctor. After sending the old man to the ward, the two of them did not leave. Instead, they waited for the old man's family to come and take over before leaving.

After coming out, Shen Wandi returned the luggage on the bicycle to Ji Yanli. Only then did she realize that this man was really tall. Shen Wandi was 1.63 meters tall, but she could only look up at him.

It's just that this person is surrounded by a tight crowd, and only one pair of eyes can be seen. They have shallow double eyelids. If you don't look carefully, you would think they are single eyelids, but the eyes are quite big.

Ji Yanli took the luggage and said, "Thank you."

Shen Wandi bent his big eyes and said playfully, "You're welcome, serve the people!" Then he quickly got on his bicycle and left, because Shen Wandi realized that he was about to be late.

Ji Yanli looked at Shen Wandi's cheerful figure riding a bicycle, shook his head and smiled.

...

In the military compound, Ji Yanli returned home with his luggage, just in time to catch up with the Ji family for breakfast, "Mom and Dad, I'm back." Chen

Mei stood up when she heard the noise, "Quick! Let Mom take a good look!" He walked up to Ji Yanli and looked left and right, then asked Ji Yanli to turn around and take a good look at himself: "I have lost weight and become stronger."

Ji Chengming sat at the dinner table and looked at his son who had not been home for several years. Naturally, he missed it, "Okay, stop reading. There is plenty of time to read next. Let Yan Li eat first." "

Oh, that's right, you see, I forgot about it when I got excited!" Chen Mei took Ji Yanli's hand. After walking to the dining table and sitting down, Ji Chengming took the opportunity and patted Ji Yanli twice on the shoulder.

Chen Mei served him a bowl of porridge and placed it next to him. She didn't eat it herself, so she just watched him eat.

Ji Yanli was enjoying his meal when he was caught off guard when he heard what Chen Mei often said: "Son, do you have a girl you like now?" "

Ahem, cough, cough!" Ji Yanli knew that Chen Mei would definitely bring up this topic, but he didn't expect it to be so soon. ! I choked immediately while drinking the porridge.

The little face that was red from the cold just now flashed through my mind.

Seeing Ji Yanli choked, Chen Mei hurriedly slapped Ji Yanli on the back. Ji Chengming also complained: "Look, why are you so anxious? The children are back. When can we not talk about this?" Chen Mei sighed at the side

. He whispered, "That girl is so popular, aren't I afraid that Yan Li won't be able to make the trip?" However, he didn't continue and Ji Yanli breathed a sigh of relief.

But he could not escape from the first day of the lunar month, but he could not escape from the fifteenth day. After dinner, Ji Yanli was just about to hide in his room upstairs when he was stopped by Chen Mei.

"Son, Mom has found a girl for you. She is a college student who graduated from Beijing Normal University. She is now a teacher at Huaqing Affiliated Middle School. She is very handsome. Do you want to meet her?"

Teacher? She was still a teacher at Huaqing Affiliated Middle School, so how could she like him? She said categorically: "I won't go." "

How can you not go?" Chen Mei was anxious, "You said you are already a grown-up, so you won't get married. What is this?"

Ji Yanli was silent. Chen Mei couldn't bear to get angry at her son who had just returned home. She turned around and said, "Ji Chengming! Your son! You can speak for yourself!"

Ji Chengming had nothing to do with being affected, so he had no choice but to intervene. Came in: "I don't want you to decide to get married right away. I just want to go and have a look first. If it works, then forget about it. If it doesn't work, forget it."

Chen Mei also joined in, "It's just that you are 26 and you are not young. Your father When you turn 26, you will run away. We just let you go and have a look, we are not forcing you to get married immediately."

The two of them attacked together, but Ji Yanli couldn't resist and agreed.

In fact, Ji Yanli made a good plan. He refused decisively at first, and finally agreed under pressure. In this way, he could exchange one blind date for peace of mind throughout the holiday.

Of course, the premise of all this is how to get the woman to directly reject him!

But after meeting the woman, Ji Yanli wished he could come back and slap himself twice!

...

When she got off work, her boss stopped Shen Wandi. Sure enough, as Shen Wandi said, she would have a holiday today. He also asked her if she would come after the New Year. Shen Wandi thought about it and refused. She would be there in a few days after the New Year. School has started, and you have to prepare your lessons well.

With my still warm salary, I bought some cooked food at a roadside deli, planning to add some extra food for the evening. When I got home, I found that my old father Shen Qingshan, who was engaged in scientific research, was back.

Zheng Qiu glanced at the food bag that Shen Wandi was carrying and clapped her hands: "Oh, you kid, your dad just bought some."

Shen Wandi chuckled: "What does this mean? It means that I am with you. My father and I have a good connection, right?"

Old Shen Qingshan was sitting on the sofa reading the newspaper. He nodded lightly and said, "Yes." "Okay, okay

, give it to me quickly. Go wash your hands and get ready. It's time to eat." Zheng Qiu took the food bag from Shen Wandi's hand and took it into the kitchen. When he came out, he saw Shen Qingshan still sitting on the sofa reading the newspaper, and shouted: "Old Shen, stop reading your newspaper, hurry up Come over for dinner."

"Come here, come here." Shen Qingshan hurriedly put down the newspaper, looked at Shen Wandi who was washing his hands, pointed at Zheng Qiu, and made a scared gesture. Shen Wandi smiled and shook his head. Shake his head.

Shen Wandi has been someone else's child since she was a child. She has been going smoothly for the past 20 years, even though her parents were doing scientific research in the far northwest when she was young. She grew up with her grandmother and was no longer around her parents, so she has never suffered any more.

It's just that maybe it's been too smooth elsewhere, but I'm at a loss when it comes to relationships. After three years of college and one year of work, there's been no progress at all.

As the New Year rolls around, my children are turning 20, and parents are starting to get anxious.

At night, the parents of the Shen family had a long talk, "My eldest sister told me two days ago that Commander Ji's wife, who is her uncle's comrade-in-arms, has taken a liking to our Wandi and wants my sister to be a matchmaker for her son."

Shen Qingshan was leaning on the bedside, reading a book with the night light on. Hearing this, he stopped reading and sat up and asked, "How old is her son? What does he do? What's his temperament? How does he look?" "He's

26. , like his father, he is also a soldier. It is said that he is now the deputy battalion commander, and he is also very talented."

Shen Qingshan thought: "He is 26, seven years older than Nannan, why are you not married at this age?"

Zheng Qiu said: " He said that he was delayed in joining the army. He only thought about joining the army and never considered this."

Shen Qingshan nodded thoughtfully.

Zheng Qiu continued, "But parents must be anxious. I don't know when I saw our Wandidi at my sister's place and became interested in it. No, this year her son originally wanted to leave family leave to others. My comrade, I was forced to call him back, so I was thinking about looking at each other, what do you think?" "It doesn't hurt to take a look,

but I'm afraid you may not have to join the army as a soldier. Are you willing?"

Zheng Qiudao : "As long as Wan Di lives a good life, there's nothing I can't bear to do."

"Aren't you afraid of Wan Di suffering hardship?"

"What kind of family conditions does the man have? How can he make Wan Di suffer hardship? Besides, with Wan Di's ability , I can't bear the punishment anywhere."

Shen Qingshan made a final decision: "Then arrange for them to meet."

...

The next day, after discussing with Zheng Qiu's sister Zheng Chun, they finalized the plan to meet each other. The day is the twenty-eighth of the twelfth lunar month.

After confirming the specific date of the Ji family, Chen Mei urged Ji Yanli to go to the department store to buy two pieces of clothes and tidy up himself, "You go to the bathhouse tomorrow to take a bath and tidy yourself up, do you hear me? "

Ji Yanli nodded helplessly: "I know."