Chapter 2 - Blind Date

Chapter 2

Although Shen Wandi was not happy about the blind date, it was a done deal, so Shen Wandi agreed.

On the twenty-eighth day of the twelfth lunar month, Shen Wandi was woken up early by Zheng Qiu. She sat on the bed and listened to her mother's instructions: "You will wear your white woolen coat soon, right? And your new one?" Those little leather boots."

Shen Wandi was still in a dazed state, and nodded without hearing the words clearly.

Zheng Qiu didn't care about her. He found all the clothes and put them on the bed. He admired them for himself, nodded with satisfaction, and then went out to make breakfast.

Shen Wandi shook his head and got up in desperation. Since he had agreed to a blind date, his attitude must be corrected. This is the most basic respect for people.

After washing and changing clothes, Shen Wandi sat in front of the dressing table, planning to put on makeup and dress herself up.

He opened the drawer and dug out the cosmetics inside. There were not many, including a bottle of Joffre brand whitening powder, two lipsticks, an eyebrow pencil, and a jar of violet powder.

With her bright appearance and delicate and bright facial features, she can release the beauty of the world with just a little application of powder. Her long black hair is spread behind her back and braided into a scorpion tail by Shen Wandi's deft hands. Braids.

Shen Wandi did not wear the new pair of small leather boots she bought. Instead, she dug out the five-centimeter-high long leather boots she bought two years ago. After putting them on, Shen Wandi, who was only 163cm tall, became one meter tall in seconds. Seven, not to mention whether it looks good or not, it just cannot be defeated in terms of momentum.

When Zheng Qiu introduced the man to Shen Wandi, Shen Wandi accurately captured the fact that the man was very tall. Although he was not short, when he thought about the two days ago, when he stood next to the People's Liberation Army soldier, he looked like a tall man. Like a child, Shen Wandi was secretly showing off her energy.

It's just that Shen Wandi imagined that during the blind date, she was domineering and looked like a royal sister, but the reality was...

Shen Wandi was sitting on the sofa at her aunt's house, holding her little one-and-a-half-year-old baby in her arms Nephew Yuan Bao looked up at the tall figure standing against the light, his heart accelerating uncontrollably.

Zheng Chun, who was on the side, saw this and took the time to introduce them to the two of them: "Yan Li, sit down quickly, sit down quickly, this is my nephew's daughter Wandi, Wandi, this is Ji Yanli, you two should talk to each other."

Zheng Chun After Chun finished speaking, he took Shen Wandi's only source of energy, Yuanbao, away.

"Hello, Comrade Shen Wandi, I am Ji Yanli." As he said this, he bent down and stretched out his hand, staring at Shen Wandi, quietly waiting for her to return her hand.

Ji Yanli is tall, at least 1.85 meters tall. This posture is very oppressive, and the shadow that falls completely covers Shen Wandi.

Looking at the hand stretched out to him, the domineering style of the royal sister disappeared completely. Shen Wandi just pretended to be calm, raised her head and looked at him generously, slowly stretched out her hand and shook it lightly, "Ji Yanli Hello, comrade, I am Shen Wandi."

Looking at each other at such a close distance, Shen Wandi could clearly see Ji Yanli's long and thick eyelashes and bright eyes. The more Shen Wandi looked at him, the more familiar he felt.

Ji Yanli recognized the little girl in front of him who was on a blind date at the first sight. She was the girl who went to the hospital with him that day.

After Ji Yanli sat down, he said jokingly: "Comrade Shen Wandi, long time no see."

Long time no see? Have you really met him? Where is it?

Shen Wandi had a very good memory, otherwise he wouldn't have been admitted to college at the age of 15. He just thought about it for a moment and then he remembered it.

"That comrade of the People's Liberation Army is you?" Shen Wandi suddenly realized.

Ji Yanli nodded slightly. She still remembered herself and couldn't help but raise the corners of her mouth: "It's me." "

What a coincidence."

"It's quite a coincidence."

Ji Yanli saw that Shen Wandi was very reserved. It seemed like it was his first blind date and he felt uncomfortable. , although this was not the first time for Ji Yanli, before, he would often sit for a while out of politeness, and then get up and leave after saying that we were not suitable. How could he encounter this situation now.

So Ji Yanli comforted him and said, "Maybe you can forget that this is a blind date and just treat it as meeting a new friend." After hearing this, Shen Wandi gradually relaxed and said, "

Okay."

Ji Yanli provoked it again in the blink of an eye. Topic: "I heard that you are a teacher? Is it tiring to teach students?"

Shen Wandi picked up the tea on the table and took a sip, and said, "It's not hard. It's also fun after the children get along with each other. What about you? "Is it hard to be a soldier?"

...

The two chatted happily, as if they had forgotten that they were on a blind date. But the time was limited. The family members who came with him were all talking in another room. After appraising the time, they slowly came to the living room to talk.

Just by looking at the waiting time, Chen Mei knew that Ji Yanli was interested. In the past, he couldn't even sit still for a minute. He hid the secret joy in his heart and cursed secretly: "You brat, I asked you to do it before." Don't come yet! Now I am more positive.

Zheng Chun was busy preparing lunch, and it was already this time. Everyone wanted to have a meal together. Chen Mei quickly winked and asked Ji Yanli to go to the state-owned restaurant to pack a few dishes and come back. With so many people, when should the cooking be done? Besides, you can't just eat everyone else's food!

Zheng Qiu also asked Shen Wandi to go with Ji Yanli, giving them a chance to be alone.

On the road, there were only two people, Shen Wandi and Ji Yanli, so they could speak clearly without caring about others.

Ji Yanli looked around and saw that there was no one there, so he straightened his clothes, stood at attention, looked at Shen Wandi, and saluted to Shen Wandi.

"Hello, Comrade Shen Wandi. Although you may have known me from others, please let me introduce myself. My name is Ji Yanli. I am 26 years old this year. I will be 27 years old after the Chinese New Year. I am working in Haicheng. Soldier, his ability is limited, his current position is deputy battalion, and his allowance is 126.7 yuan."

After finishing speaking, he rubbed his hands nervously and said: "Since I was a child, I have never had anyone I like, but now, I have one, Shen Wan Comrade Di, I like you, and I want to forge a deeper revolutionary friendship with you." "

After we get married, I will do my best to create good living conditions for you. Of course, if you don't want to join the army, you can stay in Beijing. , I will work hard and strive to be transferred back to Beijing as soon as possible."

The voice was powerful and sincere.

It was just that this was their second meeting, and it was impossible for Shen Wandi to make up her mind to marry him with just a few words.

Seeing that Shen Wandi didn't speak, Ji Yanli, who felt frustrated for the first time, whispered:

"I know what I say now is a burden to you, but I definitely don't mean to force you. I just want to put my situation in perspective." I tell you everything so that you can fully understand it before making a decision. No matter what decision you make, I will support and accept it." "This is the

first time I like someone, and it is also the first time I want to get married. Please bear with me if I am not thoughtful."

After Shen Wandi listened, he remained silent for a long time. Just when Ji Yanli thought he would not get a response, Shen Wandi spoke.

"I've never liked someone before, and I know what you mean, but you just met me twice and you asked me to make a decision. I can't do it. Give me some time and let me think about it, okay? Ji

Yanli naturally agreed, and then changed the subject naturally: "Then... let's go to the state-owned hotel to buy food?"

Shen Wandi nodded, followed him obediently, and went to the state-owned hotel to pack food.

She bought a lot of food, and Shen Wandi wanted to help share some of it, but Ji Yanli just handed Shen Wandi a bag of beef jerky he just bought for her to eat.

Are you treating yourself like a child?

...

After eating and resting for a while, the Ji family's mother and son stood up to say goodbye. After seeing them off, Zheng Qiu and Zheng Chun had time to stop Shen Wandi and ask her opinion.

After hearing this, Shen Wandi remembered what Ji Yanli had said before, her face turned red, and she said coyly, "How can we decide so quickly?" Then she ran away.

Zheng Chun and Zheng Qiu looked at each other and understood what the other meant. There was something right about this.

Chen Mei, who was leaving, was also teasing Ji Yanli: "You brat, you didn't come when I asked you to come before. Why don't you want to leave now?"

Ji Yanli was not annoyed at being teased, but looked at Chen Mei solemnly. Said: "Mom, this is her in this life!"

...

Since both parties had no objections and had a good impression of each other (as conveyed by their parents), they quickly met for a second time under the arrangement of the matchmaker Zheng Chun.

The appointment was to meet at nine in the morning, but at eight o'clock, Ji Yanli arrived at the door of Shen's house to pick Shen Wandi up to watch a movie. The address was naturally given by Zheng Chun.

Zheng Qiu didn't expect Ji Yanli to come so early, so he hurriedly called Ji Yanli into the room, poured him a cup of hot tea, and asked Shen Qingshan to greet him, while he hurried upstairs to ask Shen Wandi to come down.

When Shen Wandi came out, she saw Ji Yanli wearing a slim sweater and sitting on the sofa of Shen's house playing chess with Shen Qingshan.

When Ji Yanli heard the commotion, he looked up and saw Shen Wandi standing handsomely by the stairs, smiling slightly.

Shen Wandi smoothed her hair, "Sorry for the long wait."

"It doesn't matter, I came too early. Don't worry, it's still early. Take your time."

Shen Wandi nodded, got up and went back to the house to plan After trying to clean himself up again, Ji Yanli seemed to be stuck to Shen Wandi, and was finally coughed back to the chessboard by Shen Qingshan.

After Shen Wandi packed up, Ji Yanli and Shen Qingshan hadn't finished playing chess yet. Shen Wandi didn't urge them, but stood aside and watched them play.

After one game, the two were tied. Shen Qingshan wanted to play two more games, but Zheng Qiu sternly refused, "Why are you just joining in the fun! Yan Li, you go out to play quickly, no need Leave him alone!"

"Hey, uncle and aunt, I'm taking Wandi out with me." Standing up, Ji Yanli put on the military coat he took off before, then put on black leather gloves, and went out with Shen Wandi.

Military coats usually look bulky when worn by others, but when worn on Ji Yanli, they showed off Ji Yanli's tall and straight figure.

The movie I watched was "Laughter in Moon Bay". It was very good, but Shen Wandi was a little distracted while watching it. Shen Wandi thought about what Ji Yanli said yesterday for a long time at night and never fell asleep, so I got up late this morning.

As Shen Wandi watched, she thought about Ji Yanli. He was tall, handsome, very polite, had a good family, and was very kind. The most important thing was that after getting along with him these few times, Shen Wandi felt very comfortable.

If you have to get married, does it feel good to marry him?