Chapter 10 - Following to the army

Chapter 10

On the second day of joining the army, he bought a train ticket for ten o'clock in the morning. After breakfast, Ji Yanli put everything he wanted to take away on the car bit by bit, while Shen Wandi was doing the final touches in the house. examine.

The house has been carefully tidied up, taking away what can be taken away, and putting away what cannot be taken away to avoid attracting dust.

As for the passbook, it has been rolled up in the thick quilt by Shen Wandi. It is safe and not easy to be damaged. There are many thieves these days. Although Ji Yanli is a soldier, thieves will not come easily, but it is always right to be safe. of.

Shen Wandi had never traveled far, so she naturally didn't understand these things. Ji Yanli told Shen Wandi when she was curious about taking the train. Ji Yanli helped the police catch no less than 5 thieves on the train alone. people.

Because this was Shen Wandi's first time taking a train, his father-in-law Ji Chengming made an exception and used his identity to buy soft sleeper tickets for them.

Ji Yanli had never sat in a soft sleeper before, not to mention a hard sleeper. Most of the time, he had to go back and forth directly from a hard seat. These days, the soft sleeper on the train, if there are no officials above the county or regiment level, would rather stay empty than sit there. Sell ​​to rich people!

You can imagine how crowded the hard-seat carriage is. There are so many people standing and sitting, but even more are luggage. At this time, most people only have the train as a means of transportation when traveling far away. Buy a ticket You have to queue up to buy one. Sometimes you may queue for a long time without even being able to buy a ticket.

Ever since Shen Wandi heard about the thief, she had been feeling uneasy. She was trying her best to figure out how to hide the money and things. After all, it was a lot of money. She counted it carefully and found that the money in the passbook alone was more than 40,000. , not to mention the three gold and jade bracelets given by her mother-in-law.

She always felt that it was not safe anywhere. Shen Wandi even thought that she could just hold it all the way. She didn't believe that anyone could grab it right under her nose.

In the end, it was Zheng Qiu who gave her the idea to tuck it into the quilt, which was so thick that even if she reached out to dig it out, she might not be able to get it, let alone grab it easily.

Although Shen Wandi agreed with the plan, she still felt uneasy. She was so anxious that she couldn't sleep at night. Finally, Ji Yanli held her down and did some exercises before she fell asleep.

Originally, Ji Yanli felt sorry for her as she had to catch the train the next day and didn't want to do anything, but now it was in line with Ji Yanli's wishes.

After breakfast, Zheng Qiu and Shen Qingshan also arrived at Ji's house, and they took Shen Wandi and Ji Yanli to the train station.

Ji Chengming specially bought the train ticket from the departure station, so that he could get on the train slowly and leisurely without worrying about not being able to get on if the train stayed for a long time before it left.

It is said that mothers are worried when their children travel thousands of miles. Ji Yanli has gone back and forth so many times. Although Ji Chengming and Chen Mei are not worried, they are quite reluctant to leave. It is Shen Wandi's first time traveling far away and they can't come back easily. Zheng Qiu and Shen Qingshan were both worried and reluctant to give up. They held Shen Wandi's hand and gave instructions on the left and instructions on the right.

"When you go to the army, everything must be done according to the army's rules. It just so happens that you are taking advantage of the summer vacation to get familiar with the life of the army. If you have anything to do, discuss it with Yan Li. Don't save money. You can eat whatever you want. Eat whatever you want and buy whatever you want."

"Yan Li is a good boy. Live your life well with others. If you are unsure about anything, just call your parents. It's not safe to go out on the road. Yan Li is better than you. He has more experience, so listen to him more. On the train, it is no different than at home. Don't be too competitive. If you insist on going here or wherever you go, don't trust others too easily. Although you shouldn't have the intention of harming others, you should be on guard against others. It's necessary."

The conversation changed: "Yan Li, you too, don't let her spoil her temper. If you have anything to say to her, if she wants to make trouble for you, just tell us and we will make the decision for you."

Chen Mei retorted: "That's not possible, my in-laws, I don't like to hear what you say. How can Wandi be spoiled?" He then told Ji Yanli: "You have to take good care of Wandi. She is a little girl. Follow me." When you go to the army, you can't bully her. If you let me know that you bully her, I'll break your legs!"

Ji Yanli could only nod his head in agreement. Who dared to refute what the two mothers said?

No matter how reluctant they were to leave, the train would always leave. With the whistle blown by the conductor, it was time for Shen Wandi and Ji Yanli to board the train.

Watching the two people get on the train, Zheng Qiu couldn't help but cry: "Since we came back, my daughter has never been so far away from me."

Shen Wandi left when she was young, it was out of necessity, but since she returned to the capital, , I really didn't leave for too long.

Although Shen Qingshan was reluctant to give up, he was able to control it. He supported Zheng Qiu and kept comforting him: "It's okay. Communication is so advanced now. Just call her if you miss her. If it doesn't work, wait for them to settle down. You can go to the army." It's okay to look at them."

Ji Chengming and Chen Mei kept persuading them. Under the comfort of everyone, Zheng Qiu quickly adjusted his emotions, put away his tears, and then the two families gradually left the train station.

There is no such thing as a feast that never ends, and the birds will eventually grow up and spread their wings to soar.

Shen Wandi on the train was not feeling well at the moment. She managed not to cry. With Ji Yanli's silent companionship and comfort, she gradually recovered.

There are four beds in the soft sleeper, but there are only two people, Shen Wandi and Ji Yanli, so it is very quiet.

Chen Mei and Zheng Qiu made them a lot of delicious food that could be stored and easily carried. The food alone took up a big package, and it was okay even if they didn't go to the dining car to eat.

However, Shen Wandi was curious about what the food on the train was like, so the two of them didn't touch the food or drinks in the package.

Because ordinary people cannot enter the soft sleeper, the only ones who come in are the conductors and other passengers. Those who can afford the soft sleeper do not bother to commit petty theft. It is much safer than the hard seat car, but there may be people who evade the fare and get in.

So no matter what they were doing, the two of them would take turns going there. Ji Yanli originally wanted to do all the shopping himself, but Shen Wandi also went there to satisfy his curiosity.

There were few people in the soft sleeper, and someone else got on the bus only halfway through. He was a man in his thirties.

During the conversation, they learned that the man who had changed his name was Luo Hua, and he planned to resign and go to sea. This time he went to Haicheng just to wait and see and see what he could do to make money.

After learning that Ji Yanli was an officer in the Haicheng Army, the two exchanged contact information.

After sitting for a day and a night, we finally arrived at Haicheng Station. The train station was very close to the army camp, but considering the large amount of luggage, Ji Yanli arranged for someone to pick him up.

Luo Hua also got off at this stop. He didn't bring much luggage with him, but he helped carry a lot of luggage when he got off the bus. The rest was also carried by Ji Yanli. Shen Wandi only carried a bag packed with food. Shen Wandi wanted to carry more packages to reduce Ji Yanli's burden, but Ji Yanli didn't agree.

Fortunately, Xiao Wang, the driver of the logistics department, had been waiting at the train station early and helped carry a lot of things. After loading the things onto the train, Luo Hua left.

Ji Yanli offered to treat him to a meal to thank him for helping carry his luggage, but Luo Hua just waved his hand and said he would talk about it later.

It was still early, so while they had a car, the two of them were not in a hurry to go back. Instead, they were going to buy things they needed in life but could not bring with them.

The house we had just been assigned contained only simple furniture, but it was not very usable. First, we went straight to the furniture factory to buy wooden beds, wardrobes, sofas, coffee tables, dressing tables, dining tables, stools, cupboards, bookcases and other useful items. The furniture factory also had some, so I bought them all.

Because I was in a hurry to use them, I bought them all made of ready-made good wood. In addition, I bought a lot of them. The furniture factory directly said that they could deliver them to your door. They left the address before leaving.

Then I went to the supply and marketing cooperative to pick out a set of white rhombus-shaped tableware and a tea set, as well as a washbasin, a footbath, a kettle, etc.

Considering that I needed to cook, I also bought firewood, rice, oil, salt, sauce, vinegar and tea. However, since I was burning gas, I didn't need to buy firewood. Northerners love to eat pasta, so I bought a whole bag of noodles.

At this point, I basically bought everything I could use in life, and it was already getting late, so I drove a loaded car back to the army.

The military area and the family courtyard each have a gate to facilitate people's entry and exit. Xiao Li drove directly in through the gate of the family courtyard and sent people to the door of his house.

Ji Yanli got out of the car, opened the door with the key, and started carrying his luggage home. Xiao Wang even helped with the moving up and down.

Ji Yanli didn't let Shen Wandi interfere, but Shen Wandi felt that he could move only a little bit, so she didn't listen to him. All the luggage was piled in the main room before I had time to put it away.

Seeing that the luggage was finished, Xiao Wang said that he was about to leave. How could Shen Wandi let her leave just like that, but there was nothing to entertain at home. She hurriedly opened the package of food and wanted to get food for Xiao Wang: "Thank you, Comrade Xiao Wang, there is nothing to entertain this mess."

Xiao Wang couldn't refuse, scratched his head, and had to accept: "Thank you, sister-in-law, but this is what I should do."

Ji Yanli gave Xiao Wang a gift. Wang walked to the gate and invited: "When everything is ready, come to our house for dinner." Seeing that Xiao Wang was about to refuse, he said with a straight face, "This is an order, you are not allowed to refuse." Xiao Wang with great difficulty freed

one hand . , saluted: "Yes, Chief."

Only then did Shen Wandi have time to look at the house where he would live for several years.

The yard is very large, with a back-pocket layout, with a living room and four bedrooms. The living room is separated by a wall and split into two parts. The space inside is the kitchen, the toilet is in the yard, and there is a small wing room next to it. Come and take a shower.

The house is not as shabby as Ji Yanli said on the phone. On the contrary, it is very clean, and there are no weeds or the like. The yard is land, but several roads that must be passed are paved with stones, so that even if it rains, there is no need to worry about getting wet. There is a foot of mud, and there is a pressurized water well in front of the house, so there is no need to worry about draft problems.

The walls in the house were painted white, and the floors were made of wooden floors. They were cleaned very clean. Overall, Shen Wandi was very satisfied.

Just after resting for a while, I heard someone shouting outside: "Is Battalion Commander Ji at home? Your furniture has been brought here. It was stopped by the police station at the entrance of the family courtyard. You should go and take a look." Ji Yanli

He yelled outside: "Come right now!" Then he said to Shen Wandi, "You stay at home, I'll go out and take a look." Then he went out.