Chapter 4 - Proposal

Chapter 4: Proposal

There were many people on the street, some gathered to play cards and chess, and some gathered around to warm themselves by the fire and chat. From time to time, there was the sound of firecrackers on the roadside, which were picked up by children. The firecrackers were set off.

Shen Wandi grew up in a scientific research institute and naturally knew a lot of people. When she saw Shen Wandi and Ji Yanli walking closely together, they all started joking.

"Wan Di is coming out to play?" He said this to Shen Wandi, but his eyes glanced at Ji Yanli from time to time.

Shen Wan said, "Well, Auntie, where are you resting?"

"Auntie, are you resting? Who is this young man? How come you haven't seen him before?" His eyes were teasing. Everyone was here. They couldn't tell anything, but they were just teasing them. Woolen cloth.

These are all neighbors who have watched Shen Wandi grow up. Shen Wandi has nothing to be embarrassed about. He introduced her generously: "This is my partner, not from our compound." Hearing Shen Wandi's words After the introduction

, Ji Yanli could no longer suppress the curvature of his mouth: "Hello, uncles and aunts, I am Shen Wandi's partner, my name is Ji Yanli." "

Oh, good, good, good." The aunts, who were satisfied with their desire for gossip, gave a big hand He waved, "You two are going to have fun, right? Go ahead and leave us alone." Let them go.

"When has it been decided? Don't forget to treat us to a wedding banquet."

Ji Yanli agreed one by one, "Yes."

After Ji Yanli and Shen Wandi left, he continued: "This girl Wan Di He has good taste. Look how upright this young man looks."

"That young man has good taste too. We, Wan Di, are so good." "

Oh, if my son hadn't failed to live up to his expectations, I would have wanted Wan Di to be our My daughter-in-law."

"You can take it away. Who in our compound doesn't want Wan Di to be their daughter-in-law? Not only is she good-looking, but she also has a good job." "

Who says it's not the case?"

"... "

Walking out of the scientific research compound, Shen Wandi asked curiously, "Where are we going to play?"

Ji Yanli thought for a while and said, "Can you skate? I'll take you skating."

Shen Wandi shook his head, but there was something in his eyes. There was light, obviously he wanted to go. When Shen Wandi was young, she lived at her grandma's house. Her uncle's two brothers would go skating every winter. Because Shen Wandi was too young, firstly, it was not safe, and secondly, they thought she was a burden, so they would not take her with them. she goes.

He only said that when Shen Wandi grew up, he would take her there. But when Shen Wandi grew up and could go, Zheng Qiu and Shen Qingshan came back, so they took Shen Wandi away from her grandmother's house, and skating continued. Didn't make it.

Ji Yanli could see that Shen Wandi wanted to go, so he touched Shen Wandi's head and said, "It's okay, I know how to do it, and I'll teach you." On the way to go skating, Shen Wandi was very excited, and caught

Ji Yanli and kept asking, Ji Yanli was enjoying it. You asked me a question and I chatted with him, which was quite harmonious.

When they arrived at the skating place, Shen Wandi raised her feet and was about to move forward when she was grabbed by Ji Yanli, "Are you just going in like this?"

Shen Wandi looked at Ji Yanli in confusion, what else?

Ji Yanli gently tapped Shen Wandi's little head, "Little fool, we don't have skates."

Shen Wandi rubbed the forehead that was hit. It didn't hurt, but it just felt weird. Then he was led by Ji Yanli to sell it. Walk to the skate and shoe stall.

After Ji Yanli asked about Shen Wandi's shoe size, he paid for it directly. Shen Wandi wanted to give him money, but Ji Yanli didn't accept it at all.

When changing shoes before entering the venue, Ji Yanli asked Shen Wandi to sit down, and he squatted on the ground and put them on for Shen Wandi with his own hands.

Shen Wandi was so embarrassed that she didn't want him to change it for her, but Ji Yanli said directly: "Can you wear it yourself?" Shen Wandi thought for a while, and it seemed that she really didn't know how

, because she had never worn it, so she had to Let him change it for himself.

It's just that the shy Shen Wandi didn't see Ji Yanli's smile as his plan came true, and his face was filled with joy.

It was only later that Shen Wandi learned that skate shoes were worn in the same way as ordinary shoes, but with more laces.

On this day, Ji Yanli took Shen Wandi to skate around and around, but he didn't mention teaching her how to skate. Because Shen Wandi didn't know how to skate, Ji Yanli could always take Shen Wandi to skate.

Shen Wandi, who was so happy, didn't even realize it.

But a beautiful day is always short. On the way home, Ji Yanli took out a ring box from his pocket, which contained a pair of gold rings.

Ji Yanli took out the women's ring inside and looked at Shen Wandi affectionately: "This is the ring that grandma left for me. She said that when I meet the girl I want to marry, I will wear it for her. Now I We just met, Wandi, I want to marry you home, will you marry me?"

Why does this person always make surprise attacks? And shouldn't it be the parents who say it?

Ji Yanli was confused when he saw that Shen Wandi remained silent: "I know we only have a short time together, but please believe me, my desire to marry you is true. Of course, if you don't want to, I can Wait, I will wait until the day you are willing to marry me!"

Shen Wandi looked at Ji Yanli with a smile and asked, "Did I say I would reject you?" She pursed her lips and said hesitantly: " It's just...but aren't these things usually discussed by parents?"

"But I want to get your consent first." Ji Yanli knew that Shen Wandi didn't mean to refuse, so he knelt down on one knee and raised his hand. Ring: "Comrade Shen Wandi, will you marry me?"

Shen Wandi looked at Ji Yanli who was kneeling in front of him and thought, it's over, I give up.

She nodded with a smile, then slowly stretched out her hand, watching Ji Yanli put the ring on her ring finger. After Ji Yanli put it on, he consciously stretched out his left hand and asked Shen Wandi to take the men's ring and put it on for him.

...

On the second day of the Lunar New Year, the Shen family came to Grandma Zheng's house carrying gifts for the Zheng family. Grandpa Zheng and Grandma Zheng were both in their sixties. They had two daughters and one son named According to the schedule of spring, summer, autumn and winter, it was a pity that the fourth child didn't come, so we stopped at Zheng Qiu's place.

The second eldest child, Zheng Xia, was Shen Wandi's uncle. He had two sons with his aunt Yang Yulan. The older one was named Zheng Chengbin and the younger one was named Zheng Chengyan, both of whom were older than Shen Wandi.

The eldest cousin Zheng Chengbin has gotten married and is now accompanying his new wife Zhong Li back to his wife's family.

Although the Zheng family is a family of factory workers, their life is not bad. However, the housing conditions are not as good as those of the Shen family, and they live in a large courtyard.

Although it is a large courtyard, as Grandpa Zheng successively added more and more rooms, there are five rooms in total. The main room in the middle has been modified and is a living room.

When the Shen family arrived, Zheng Chun and Lu Jianjun had already arrived and were resting in the main room.

Shen Wandi had always lived at her grandma's house when she was young. Coming back here was like going home. Zheng Chengbin and Zheng Chengyan also treated Shen Wandi as their own sister.

When Shen Wandi entered the house, she called her grandma and grandpa, but the two old men were so happy that they rummaged through the boxes and cabinets to find food for Shen Wandi.

He grabbed a large handful of White Rabbit toffee and stuffed it into Shen Wandi's mouth. "This candy is delicious. Take it and eat it." "

Thank you, grandma." Shen Wandi peeled off one and put it into Grandma Zheng's mouth. Just eat it yourself.

There were three women in a drama, and Shen Wandi was the only junior in the room, so the topic inevitably got to Shen Wandi.

Grandma Zheng asked with a gossipy face: "Chun'er, didn't you introduce someone to Wanwan? How about that person?"

Zheng Chun glanced at Shen Wandi, who was shy, and said with a teasing expression: "I'm watching. It's pretty good. He's an officer, his position is not low, and his family is in good condition. But doesn't it depend on Wanwan herself?" "Wanwan, what do

you think?"

Shen Wandi knew she couldn't escape. Pretending to be reserved, she said, "It's alright."

But Zheng Qiu, who was standing by her, tried to overthrow her, "She already accepted the ring given to her grandson's wife by Ren Xiaoji's grandmother."

"Mom— "The whole room burst into laughter.

Several people who were playing cards and chess in a circle in the yard poked their heads curiously, not knowing what they were laughing at.

Zheng Chun asked: "Wanwan, have you really thought about it?"

Shen Wandi nodded: "I already accepted the ring, how can it be fake?"

After receiving Shen Wandi's reply, Zheng Chun's heart was filled with doubts. If she falls behind, she will be the matchmaker for her niece. She is responsible for both the good and the bad. She is afraid that she will fall behind and become a different person.

She also really loved Shen Wandi, and Ji Yanli's conditions were really good. If she hadn't been afraid that her niece would miss such a good guy, she wouldn't have waded into this muddy water.

Shen Wandi was so ashamed that she ran out of the house to play with Zheng Chengyan. Zheng Chengyan was eating melon seeds outside the house and saw Shen Wandi coming out and gave her a piece.

"Wanwan, my aunt said she found a partner for you? How is she? Will she treat you well?"

Shen Wandi thought about it carefully: "Very good."

Zheng Chengyan knocked Shen Wandi's head and said: "You little kid Girl, do you know what is good and what is bad? Brother, let me tell you, if he dares to bully you, just tell him, eldest brother and I will not let him go. Do you understand, don't be stupid. Ji, don't say anything, you are wronged."

"I know." Shen Wandi covered her head and complained: "Second brother, if you hit me again, I will be really stupid."

Because Shen Wandi has been following him since he was a child. Grandma grew up in a family, so she was always called the eldest brother and the second brother.

Shen Wandi looked around and saw that no one was paying attention to them. Then he took out a wad of money from his bag, which amounted to seven or eight hundred, and handed it to Zheng Chengyan. Zheng Chengyan smiled and reached out to take it.

Shen Wandi's hand retracted again, with a fierce face: "We have agreed in advance that we are not allowed to do anything illegal or disciplinary!"

Zheng Chengyan patted his chest and assured, "Don't worry, I have sense. The money is your investment, and when you make money, we will pay 50/50." After

the reform and opening up in 1978, a smart person like Zheng Chengyan had already begun to think about how to make money, but he had to hand over most of the money he earned. He didn't have enough money, so Shen Wandi gave Zheng Chengyan money.

Shen Wandi handed the money to Zheng Chengyan, "Money or not is a trivial matter, you must ensure your own safety! It's seven hundred in total, you order it, and I don't do anything, so how can I be even with you?" ?" After thinking about it, Shen Wandi raised two fingers and said with a confused look on his face: "You can give me two cents!"

Zheng Chengyan put the money into his pocket without even clicking. His sister, himself Still not convinced? "Okay, you contribute the money and I contribute. We, brother and sister, are considered a partnership!"

Shen Wandi nodded happily, "Okay!"

"Little money fan."

...

In the room, Zheng Chun saw Shen Wandi going out. Then he continued.

"Yesterday, when Chen Mei, the mother of Yan Li's child, came to my house to rest, she said that she wanted to settle it as soon as possible. I can't be sure about this. Qiu'er, what do you think?"

"Isn't it a bit too early? These two people have only known each other for a few days."

Grandma Zheng also nodded, "It's a bit early."

"I told her the same thing, but what Chen Mei said makes sense. "Yan Li's child is a soldier. This family visit leave is only about ten days after the full allowance. He has to leave after the tenth day of the Lunar New Year." "

And the process of getting married as a soldier is cumbersome. The marriage report and political review all take time. She I just want to settle it down first, and then the two of us can get along slowly, so we won't waste anything."

Zheng Qiu said, "That's okay, but I have to discuss it with my old Shen. You can talk about this person, too. , My daughter has grown up, let's not get married. I'm worried. I said I want to get engaged and get married, but I can't bear to leave." "

Who says it's not the case."