12 | APRICITY

“ We cannot become what we want
by remaining what we are.

ᓚᘏᗢ • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

| Chapter XII |

Apricity means “the warmth of the sun in winter.”

HIS cerulean eyes gazed, glossy even, through frigid weather, his messy, flaxen hair and fairly long to sway in the cold breeze of winter.

How cold.

Michael Kaiser, Is what the Nuns of the Holy cathedral called him before taking him to orphanage which takes part in germany.

The Nuns took his trampled and shivering flesh, clanking teeth, chipped nails, frosted lips and a weeping heart they found in the putrid alley he loathed.

Kaiser must admit that without those diplomatic women he would be nothing but a rotten flesh, a feast for wolves, stoned cold and helpless in the relentless mercy of the cold winter.

He is grateful for them, yes.

But heavens, aren't they harsh, so severe that they made the children obey the rules of the convent at such young age and granting them punishment for disobeying, one is the Self-flagellation is the disciplinary and devotional practice of flogging oneself with whips or other instruments that inflict pain.

It's brutal, yet kaiser intended to be respectful at one's belief.

Kaiser once tried to run away, but it seems like every way is a dead end,
He never once associated with anyone in the orphanage he called home..

They're all a filthy, messy and snot-nosed children who's waiting to be mouth fed with food, and anyone else is boring and annoying to be look at.

Many of them tried to get to him and failed, girls.. yes he carried a pleasing face and pair of eyes that can compete with the gleaming blue sea that made them swooned yet his knitted brows and a scowl made them intimidated from him as they cannot make a step closer.