The Forgotten Chapter

The daughter I always wanted

Your POV

The two angels with you drop their spears and fall to their knees, pulling you down with them.

"Please, get up. You know I do not like it when you bow." They stand up quickly, basically shooting straight up. You go to get up, miss your footing, roll your ankle, and quickly fall to the ground with a thud again. Your face turns bright red and you hurry to stand up again.

"I'm sorry sir." You look down, embarrassed.

"Do not be my child. I am just glad you are here." He waves his hand at the guards, and they hesitantly back up and leave. "Please, come here." You slowly move forward, keeping your eyes locked on the ground the entire time. "My dear look at me." You look up, and see a welcoming smile. "Boy do we have some catching up to do."

He opens the small door and gestures for you to enter a large room, and you head through. He follows after you, gently closing the door behind him.

"Are you god?" You blurt out. He sighs and turns to look at you.

"Yes my dear. Please, just call me dad." He smiles warmly at you and gestures to a small chair.

"Yes sir." You sit down, and turn to him. "So, uhm, you wanted to talk to me?" He nods and sits across from you.

"Yes. I first want to apologize for you ending up in hell. That was never supposed to happen." He looks away from you, seemingly ashamed. "You were meant to die old and happy, after a fulfilling life." You look down at your hands folded neatly in your lap. Then you see the long thin hand of Alastor interlocked with it.

"It's ok sir. I was happy there." You look up at him with a smile. You see a shocked expression on his face.

"Whatever do you mean?" He asks, a puzzled tone to his voice.

"I lived out my life down there. I didn't lose out on anything." You smile, thinking of all your friends. "Just a rough start."

"I'm glad you got to be happy, my child. I am so sorry for ever letting you go." Your head snaps up at that, and you look at the old man with a confused look.

"Let me go?" He nods solemnly.

"I am at a loss for words my child. I don't know how to tell you this, but," He looks up at you, his eyes glossy. "You were my daughter." You gasp, and almost fall back in your chair.

"What do you mean I'm your daughter?!" You almost scream. He looks at you sadly.

"You are, or were my child many years ago." His gaze drifts, seeing a long forgotten world. "There was a fall, hundreds of angels were forced from heaven by an unknown entity. You were trying to help and got caught in the crossfire. I let you go out there, I thought you would be safe. I was wrong." He looks back at you. "I am so sorry." You let your head fall into your hands, taking in what you just heard.

"I'm your daughter?" You mutter, thinking back to all the times that your father- or who you thought was your father hit you. All the times he treated you like trash only to come running back for forgiveness. All the times you would plead, you would ask why.

"I love you (y/n), and i want you to be the best you can be." SMACK "And the only way to do that is to teach you a lesson." You glare at the old man. No matter how mad you are at him though, you couldn't bring yourself to be rude.

"If I'm your daughter, or was, why did you leave me with my dad? The one on earth." You look down, tears stinging your eyes. "Did you decide you liked having me gone better?" You hear a quiet gasp, then a firm but comforting hand on your shoulder.