< CINNAMON GIRL >

CINNAMON GIRL
"Kerosene in my hands, you make me mad, I'm fire again."

SLAM. Pandora jolted from her covers her hand clutched to the grimy wall beside her, fingers grasping at the torn wallpaper. SLAM. She was quick to dress into more appropriate clothes, a familar voice screeched through the home.

"Stupid fucking—" Pandora pressed herself against the door, hoping she wouldn't bother her again that night. "The gods will walk again!" Pandora exhaled sharply, in and out desperate not to draw attention to herself. "Pandora!" The door shook from the impact of her wrists.

"Pandora open the goddamn door!" The door shook again, Pandora still pressed against the door holding it in place. 15 years and she'd been in the position nightly. "Pandora!" She pressed a hand to her mouth calming her breathes.

"Go to bed Claire!" Pandora cursed loudly, she hadn't called her mother, Mum in years. They didn't have that type of relationship.
"There is no one here!" Pandora cried out again, the banging ceased for a moment as the footsteps echoed back down the hallway.

She slid to the floor shakily waiting for the noise to stop, the slamming, the yelling, the footsteps. They didn't as her mother's palm came in contact with the door again. Pandora had enough pulling herself from the door rushing to slid the window open roughly. She reached for her bag, the bag she had in case and clambering through the window.

Pandora's feet didn't stop moving as she grew further and further away from the house, along the grass and terrain that surrounded the lonely house. She stopped running after around ten minutes, collapsing to the ground in a heaving mess.

She brought her knees to her chest tightly, catching her breath the best she could. She waited and waited, waited for an idea to hit her. She had nowhere to go, no home, no family. Darkness filled her vision as she squeezed her eyes shut.

Voices circled her head as her head jolted up, the dark night hardly provided her with any light. She scrambled to her feet swivelling around, trying desperately to pin point the voices that filled her head.

"Who's there." Pandora's bag dropped to the ground, "Show yourself." She had nothing to protect herself with as darkness filled across every molecule of light left.
"Oh shit, oh shit." She exhaled shakily as a dark figure begun approaching her, hardly any visible highlighting the figure.

"Who are you." She straightened confused at the fast approaching.. man. "Stop walking towards me, who are you". She backed away a few steps, the man growing more visible the closer he got. Another step back, Pandora had fallen to the ground, her hands lessening the fall.

"Afraid?" The man chuckled dryly, "No child of mine should be afraid." She shuffled further back at the man dressed in black. "Pick yourself up Pandora." He gritted through his teeth, Pandora struggled to her feet still hesitant.

"Child of yours? Who are you." She spat anger quickly replacing fear as she glared at him.

"Much better." He smirked almost proud, "Your father Pandora, connect the dots love." He taunted Pandora squeezed her eyes shut for a moment confused.

"My father died." She shook her head in disbelief, the man hardly fazed.

"I did I suppose. Or I am dead, let's not get technical." He narrowed his eyes, "You've been claimed Pandora, by me." Pandora was sure she was dreaming.