< OXYTOCIN >

"Annabeth, you're killing me." The girl fought valiantly defeating Pandora in sword combat every time. "I have never held a sword in my life till last week, cut me some slack." Annabeth stayed silent, she always seemed to be rather silent.

"She doesn't cut anybody slack". Luke wandered over ruffling Annabeth's hair, earning a scowl from the girl. Pandora mostly ignored him, practicing swinging her sword alone.

"Stop using your arm." Pandora swung her sword meeting the voice that had spoken rather close to her ear. Luke's sword had stopped hers from maiming him, his lips twisting into a smile. "Trying to murder me Walker." She retracted her sword taking a step back from her close contact with the teen.

"If I wanted to murder you Castellan, you'd be dead." Pandora paced away from him further, swinging the sword again, trying to perfect her stance. "Castellan, what a mouthful." She cursed loud enough for Luke to hear.

"Could always call me Luke." He chuckled stepping closer still observing as she swung awkwardly, "Or handsome or whatever you want princess." A scoff of disgust left Pandora's lips, as she straightened up.

"Perhaps in your dreams." She couldn't help but smile at the laugh he emitted, a rather infectious laugh as his lips tilted to a grin. "If you're going to keep staring, may as well spar." Pandora swung, the tip of her sword just brushing Luke's neck.

"Second time you've tried to murder me princess, going to have to write a tally." Luke stood once the sword wasn't at his throat, his hand twisting behind his back to reveal his own sword.

"I didn't know you could write." Another grin tugged at his lips as they circled around each other, "Stop calling me Princess, I have a name." She added taking a step forward meeting his sword before she moved back again.

"I know your name princess." Luke dodged her sloppy swing, a clean sweep of his arm and the sword was aimed at her throat, "Dead." He taunted, a huffed breath leaving Pandora's lips. "You're swinging too much with your arm, you need to move your whole body." He critiqued earning himself a dirty look.

"Wouldn't you love if I moved my body." She exhaled through her nose, wishing to wipe the smirk off of Luke's face. "You're supposed to look disgusted." She nodded her head, swinging her sword again, meeting his a few times before he knocked the sword from her heart, the blade now at her heart.

"Dead." She could feel her skin getting hotter, stomping her way over to pick up the blade. "Again?" She didn't give him any warning aiming for his ankle as he jumped over the blade, meeting it with his own as Pandora pulled hers up.

Back and forth the pair fought, Pandora getting a knick on his cheek, causing him to slam her blade down into the dirt refusing to release it as it dug in dirt.

"Let it go." Pandora gritted through her teeth pulling at the sword, Luke had secured under his, "Castellan, let it go." She could feel her cheeks heat up, Luke finding great joy in her struggle to pull the blade loose.

She tugged again feeling heat run across her skin, Luke's eyes widening for a moment as a splash of colour engulfed her knuckles. "Princess, calm down." His tone wasn't as playful, Pandora looking down to her knuckles, jolting away from her sword in shock.

"Shit." She exhaled softly trying to calm her herself, the flames wrapped around each finger as she flexed her hands, "Not now, not now." She murmured to herself shaking her hands out stressfully.

"Walker, what's wrong? How are you doing that?" She ignored Luke watching her hands shakily, the fire only worsening. "Deep breathes Walker, you just need to calm down." He realised finally Pandora's eyes meeting his, the blue in her eyes highlighted.

"Calm down." She chuckled dryly the flames trailing up her arm, "Calm down!" The words only infuriated her more, Luke stepping back hesitantly, frightening the girl.

"Do you remember Rhae, the girl who beside me at breakfast?" Pandora tried to focus on his voice, her breath rather rapid and uneven. "She's Aphrodites daughter, I'm sure you can tell from her hair. She loves telling me about how she has her Mum's hair." Luke rambled, Pandora finally listening to his words. "She can speak French as well, supposed to be the language of love and all." Pandora inhaled and exhaled, her hand on her heart.

"She's been teaching me a few things, I'm terrible of course." He smiled as a soft laugh left her lips the fire somewhat worsening, "And the twins, they can manipulate sun rays. Not very well, but Mitchell can teleport through the rays, wish my useless father gave me a power like that." Pandora nodded hoping he would continue his rambling.

"You.. you never told me." She inhales shakily, "who your father was." She sunk to the ground alarming Luke before he realised she was calming herself down. As he understood her words he seemed to tense at the mention.

"Hardly someone I like to talk about." He leant against a tree trunk his sword falling to the ground, "Hermes, hermes is my father." Pandora exhaled one more deep breath, her hands returning to their normal shade her skin not as heated anymore.

"..you should've left me to burn myself and the forest alive." Pandora's head hung between her legs as her brown haired splayed across her back, covering her form.

"That wouldn't be any fun now would it?" He wandered forward pulling himself from the trunk, "Thought I'd found myself a new sparring partner, by the looks of it." It was a dig at her sparring skills, Pandora hardly bothered to argue. Luke extended his hand down to offering to help her up, Pandora sending him a hesitant look.

"Walker." He shook his hand impatiently, "Take the hand." Pandora held her fingers slightly away from his, her fingers trembling for a moment.

"I don't.. I don't want to hurt you." Luke scoffed taking her hand hardly fazed by the hot temperature off her skin, pulling her to her feet Pandora quickly moving her hand off of his.

"Why aren't you scared of me." Pandora shuffled back a fraction hoping to increase the distance between the teens, "Everyone except your friends are. Scared of me and the death that follows." She huffed hardly letting get a word in, "The daughter of death itself and her blood hound." She inhaled trying not to work herself back up, her eyes watering a fraction.

"I don't think you're scary princess, maybe a bit inexperienced," He smiled retrieving their swords from the ground, "But not scary."