< BLACK OUT DAYS >

Pandora swivelled her head around as she heard the cheers for each flag raised. One side Annabeth held the large banner, with two of her siblings, an imprint of a barn owl above an olive tree. The other side Clarisse held the other darker banner, a boar's head and a bloody spear.

Pandora stood beside Luke while the teen was bombared with questions from Percy.
"Whose side are we on? Do we repaint the flags, how does—" Thankfully Chiron interrupted the curious teen.

"Heroes!" He announced, "I'm sure you're familar with the rules, the creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair games. All magical items are allowed, no pets my apologises Pandora", with a whine Pandora sent the hound, Reaper, away.

"..the banner must be displayed prominently and no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, not bound or gagged. No killing or maiming, arm yourselves!" Armour appeared in front of each cabin. Pandora already wore her own set, a gift from her father for her 18th birthday.

"Can you stay with Percy, please, Annabeth's got me guarding the banner again." Pandora nodded at Luke's request, Annabeth's yell indicating the game had begun.

"Percy Jackson you're with me." Annabeth sent Pandora firm nod and the pair took off. Percy reluctantly followed behind Pandora slowly causing the girl having to stop every few steps. "Will you hurry please, we are on border patrol, we means we need to patrol the border Percy Jackson." He seemed to dislike her sass, despite every remark Percy usually said backhanded.

"Why would Annabeth want me on the team to border the patrol." Finally stopping at the creek Percy rephrased his swords, "Patrol the border." He coughed awkwardly, earning a snicker from Pandora's lips.

The pair waited in silence for a moment for sound of the battle but nothing pursued until suddenly a low growl rumbling from across the wood. Percy froze timidly swivelling around, "What the—" Pandora groaned loudly.

"Sorry, it's my hound, Reaper." She scolded towards the distance, "Reaper." The growling stopped and Pandora assumed he had slunk back to her cabin.

Before Percy could question the monster she'd been keeping as a pet, the underbrush exploded. Five Ares warriors tumbled out, Clarisse leading the bunch. Pandora pulled her sword into her grips instructed Percy to do the same.

With a swing Percy met the first boy's, Clarisse took on Pandora, due to being out numbered Percy and Pandora injured. First the electricty from end of Clarisse's spear, shocking Pandora's sword arm. The sword dropped to the ground and Pandora angered lighting up as Clarisse ducked a ball of water.

Meanwhile the rest of the siblings had cornered Percy dropping him to the ground.
Clarisse knew Pandora's weakness, dragging her spear through the water she hit Pandora's back thrusting her into the water. Pandora's hands sunk into the rocky surface of the creek and smoke hissed around her. As the fire across her body extinguished she failed to notice Clarisse had begun prodded at Percy's skin shocking the boy.

Pandora attempting to recover from losing both her sword and her ability tilting her head in the direction. Percy was shoved into the creek, and slashing a cut across his arm.
Pandora stood to her feet prepared to interfere again but Percy had it under control. She watched him take out two, then three of Are's children before a loud snap echoed.

Percy had snapped Clarisse's spear. A string of insults left Clarisse's lips but it was too late in the distance, Luke ran holding Are's banner high above his head. Pandora trudged from the creek grateful for the win prepared to greet her friends but stopped.

In the distance the red eyed hell hound lurked. Pandora quick to avoid a scene rushed over to the hound, "Reaper, go home." She beckoned calmly but the dog continued to snarl. Something was wrong.
"Reaper." She repeated but the hound stood approaching closer to the teen.

Reaper snapped his jaws towards Pandora and her hands flew out attempting to calm the creature. Something was terribly wrong. "Reaper— stop!" The hound growled and Pandora backed away further no one witnessing the exchange.

"Reaper!" The dog bounded forward pushing Pandora back. His claws dug into her shoulder as the hound continued snarling and foaming at the mouth.

Pandora cried out pulling herself to her feet as she followed after the hound. "Stand ready! My bow!" Chiron's voice boomed in the distance. Nobody knew it was Reaper it didn't look like the pet.

Pandora finally reached the top of the hill, one hand steadying herself the other on her bloody shoulder. "Percy run!" Pandora called the hound's name again as Reaper attacked Percy.

"Jerry no!" She watched the boy draw back his bow. Abruptly, a cluster of arrows spouting from Reaper's neck and the hound disappeared into dust. No.

No. No. No

Pandora screamed attracting attention from most of the campers. Luke near the scene took his helmet off guiltily, but paused from rushing to Pandora's side. Annabeth had shoved Percy into the creek. Almost instantly Percy's injuries begun healing themselves.

Oh god.

Pandora covered her mouth shakily, as she watched Percy's claim play out. Suddenly the dreaded symbol rose above Percy's head. A glowing trident.

"It is determined." Chiron announced, slowly campers around Percy begun to kneel, even Clarisse and the rest of her cabin. Poseidon. Percy was Poseidon's kid.
"Poseidon, earthshaker, stormbringer, father of heroes. Hail, Perseus Jackson, son of the sea god." Everyone was kneeling beside Pandora. Luke sent her a hesitant look before his face dropped.

"Percy Jackson!" Her voice cracked as she felt a grip on her ankle , darkness filling the space around her, "The prophecy is yours." Suddenly the rocks below her crumpled and the girl was swallowed by darkness.