< DRIFT >

LUKE'S POV

"Luke, Pandora's trying to kill Clarisse." The girl beside him realised as the two girls continued sparring on the platform in the lake. Pandora's moves were harsher, more aggressive as she swung again hardly missing Clarisse's neck again.

"Hades needs her to." Annabeth appeared beside the older teens tugging at Luke's shirt. "He'll kill her if she doesn't." Dahlia had begun panicking looking around for the twins anxiously.

It all made sense. She had been fighting Dahlia to take away her attention on Clarisse. The birds so it looked as if she had been protecting Clarisse. They'd never see it coming.

"Annabeth you're- you're right." Luke eyes widened watching the two girls across the lake continue fighting, Pandora knicking Clarisse's cheek. "Annabeth, what do you know." He pressured finally the girl answering.

"She's been hiding something Luke, you knew it. So I'd- I'd been following her." Both looked to the girls running out of time, "She's been seeing things Luke, she's been in pain but you can't see it, the only indication is her nose bleeds. Hades killing her from the inside. Fighting with Dahlia, was only to distract everyone from her true target. She needs to kill Clarisse." Luke didn't waste another second running towards Chiron in the distance.

Clarisse swung her spear again hardly missing Pandora again as the heated girl lit her sword up, sliding it once under Clairsse's ankles bringing it up, a scorch on Clarisse's wrist almost pushing her back.

Suddenly a gasp left Pandora's lips, the girl hunching over slightly. Silence filled the side lines as blood seeped from Pandora's fingers down her side and onto the platform. Clarisse pulled the spear from Pandora's side, a small quiver in her eyebrow evidence of guilt.

"Pandora!" Dahlia beside Luke shouted as the girl misstepped falling back into the water. Everyone waiting for her to resurface but she didn't. The world slowed as Dahlia finally snapped Luke out of it pulling at his shirt. 

His shirt slid over his head as he dived in the water. He didn't could swim fast, just as he could run. By the time he reached her she was at the bottom of the lake. The dryiads neglecting sinking Hade's daughter, Luke pulling her to the surface. Then to the side of the lake.

Dahlia rushed to the side of the lake, pulling the coughing girl from Luke's arms onto the grass. Pandora heaved a breath as more blood coating the grass below her. She flipped herself over trying to catch her breath, Micheal pulling Luke from the water.

"Hey, hey Pandora, just breathe." Dahlia appeared in front of Pandora however the gasping girl could hardly see. Dark veins creeped up Pandora's neck as Luke pulled himself further onto the bank rushing over to the gasping teen.

"Pandora, oh god." Luke watched the veins worsen covering her pale skin.

"He's— He's going to kill me." She stuttered out, crying out as her body shook violently her gasps becoming from strangled. "I failed— he'll kill me." Luke cupped her face desperately, beside him Dahlia shouting for help.

"I'm- I'm sorry Dahlia." Her gasps were most frantic as her chest shook, "I- I shouldn't have." Luke pulled himself to his feet calling for her hell hound desperately.
"He can't fix this- He can't." The hound reluctantly bound over, Pandora reaching up to pull at his spiked collar.

"Sorry Luke." Her eyes narrowed as she pulled some type of key from his collar holding in her palm. Suddenly darkness filled the ground Pandora and she fell. Jerry had pulled Luke back before he would fall after her.

"Pandora!"