< ANCIENT DREAMS >

Pandora leant wearily against the wall as Annabeth continued tending to Percy's injuries. Once they had managed Grover awake, he had shared his adventures retrieving Percy Jackson. The minotaur, the Fury, Chiron posing as a teacher.

Pandora hadn't slept since two nights before, now the early morning hours shining some sunlight into the cabin. "What did you hear." Annabeth questioned her for the third time, Pandora zoning out across the cabin.

"Anna.. Annabeth I.. I don't know." A tired hand brushed over her eyelids partially closed, "I just- just need him to wake up, and- and-" The cabin door squeaked open and Luke filed in followed by another blonde headed boy.

He whispered a few words to the boy who approached Percy. Luke then turned his attention to Pandora, watching as her eyes begin to close slowly again. "Pandora." Her eyes shut open and she jolted forward almost into Luke's chest.

"Luke- what- who's he?" She referred to the kid hovering over Percy and Annabeth.

"Healer, twin's younger brother." He spoke calmly steadying her with his hand, "Get some sleep Pandora." She shook her head afraid the minute her eyes shut another vision would blind her.

"I- I need to wait Luke, he needs to wake—"
His expression didn't shift and she knew he wasn't going to be swayed. "What about you.. you've hardly slept either." He shook his head, looking towards the bed similarly.

"Chiron insists he'll be out another day plenty of time, I'll see you in an hour Pans." Reluctantly she sent Annabeth one last glance exiting the infirmary. She'd have to rack her brain for answers another time.

Beside the infirmary sat a windowed round room, one of her least favourite gods sipping a coke Zero, like normal. "Peter Johnson, alive and well?" He spat as weary Pandora entered the room.

"Hopefully.." She trialled off taking a seat across from the god. "Not that you care but he's not a minor god's kid. I can feel it." Dionysus scoffed loudly, with the roll of his eyes he sipped the coke again.

"And you'd know spawn of Hades." Disgust dripped off his tone as the ground below his feet shook a moment, the mention of Hades name not pleasing the God of the Underworld.

"I quite like you Mr D, would you believe. Remind me somewhat of my father." She exited before the god could blast her to smithereens. Apparently gods didn't like before compared to another. Figured.

By the time she'd finally arrived at her cabin she was exhausted. She hardly made it up the stairs and into bed still awake. She heard the door click shut a few hours later, a soft growl through the dimly lit cabin waking her.

"Reaper." She called softly listening to the beast bound up the stairs. Her hand dropped of the side of the bed, lounging in his fur as more footsteps sounded up the stairs.

"Control your dog princess." He joked pulling the shoes from his feet. Luke looked just a tired as Pandora was sinking further into her sheets. "D'get some sleep, hmm?" She nodded wearily shutting her eyes once again. The bed dipped as his hands met her warm skin.

"Percy Jackson is different." She mumbled softly, Luke's eyes widening at the words. "Something's coming.. something.. something bad." He stopped himself from closing his eyes. He couldn't let her find out.

"You're being paranoid Pans, he's just like every other half blood." He noticed her breathes had evened out, small inhales through her nose the only noise. "Like every other half-blood."

"Luke.. Luke." She poked at his cheek softly noticing him stirring slightly. His eyes would squeeze shut every once in a while, as if he was pained. "Luke, wake up." His eyes snapped open and Pandora scrambled back before his hand could make contact with her face.

She had scared him, she noticed. "What were- were you dreaming about?" He pulled himself onto his elbows, wiping his face wearily, "Was it something bad?" She brought herself closer to him, touching his cheek.

"Nothing Pans, nothing just my mum, nothing worth repeating." He squeezed her hand, looking out the dark window in her cabin. "It's still dark, go back to sleep princess..." His voice trialled off as he slumped back into the sheets. He was exhausted she knew it.

After a few minutes of silence, she carefully pried his fingers from her hips pulling herself to her feet. She needed to see Percy. Her dreams couldn't just be dreams, he was special she knew it.

"..what will happen at the summer solstice."

Annabeth's voice was clear, pleading as Pandora neared the door to the infirmary.
"What was stolen! There's only a few weeks left." The door creaked open, Annabeth snapping her head towards Pandora.

"He doesn't know little warrior." Pandora rested her back on the wooden wall. Annabeth turned her head back towards unconscious mumbling boy, listening intently.

"You must tell me what you saw Pandora, if- if I'm right about him, he—" Annabeth worked herself up again pausing to catch her breath, "This could be my fate, my quest." Pandora smiled at the eager young girl.

"It could be." Pandora tilted her head rather matter factly, "Or he could be like every other new kid you've stalked." She managed a hint of humour, a smile tugging at her lips. "I think you get some sleep Annabeth, the boy isn't going to wake up anytime soon." She rested a gentle hand on Annabeth's shoulder, "Come on, please." Reluctantly Annabeth's grey eyes shifted from the boy.

"You're dreadfully annoying Pandora." With a huff Annabeth exited first followed by a smiling Pandora. "You don't understand-

"You've been waited for this moment your entire life." Pandora mocked playfully avoiding Annabeth's swatting hand. "I know little warrior, I promise I'm not here to stop you." She defended, "Just to make sure you're ready for the quest, and for that you need to sleep." They stopped outside the grey cabin, an owl imprinted onto the door.

"I'll set Reaper on you, if I find you out here later, alright?" Annabeth snickered dryly passing through the entrance to the cabin, "Right Annabeth?" Pandora returned the smile.

"'Night death." She mocked the nickname she had heard from Clarisse's mouth hundreds of times. Pandora allowed it Annabeth entering the cabin unharmed.
After all she had a soft spot for the young girl.