< AFRAID >

AFRAID
"All my friends always lie to me. I know they're thinking, you're too mean, I don't like you! Fuck you anyway."

6 months later..

"Luke, Rhea's talking to you." Annabeth shoved the teen playfully, Luke turning to face the now 9 year old girl, a small smile on her face as she waited patiently. 'Focus Luke'

"Sorry Rhea, continue, you disarmed Billy how many times?" Luke rubbed his face wearily, putting on a smile for girl opposite.

"13 times Luke." She huffed standing, Annabeth sending him a sympathetic smile as she followed the young girl.

"Fucking hell." He pulled at the ends of his hair stressfully. He'd done that frequently. The zoning out, ignoring his friends. Too much on his mind, Dahlia told him. He wasn't sure.

"Luke man! Let's go." Jerry clapped a hand on his shoulder, rising the boy from his seat. He'd turned 17 since, she had left.
The twins 18, in a few months. Annabeth had turned 10, Dahlia, 4 months off 17.
"Spar with me?" Luke walked beside the boy towards the training grounds.

"Sure Jer, sure." Once Luke had drawn his sword opposite to Jerry he couldn't help it. Back and forth, Luke so distracted his swings become more harsh, violent.
He had almost knocked Jerry's sword from his hand when he brought the sword up making contact.

"Luke fucking hell!" Jerry cursed shoving past, a cut from his cheek seeping blood down his face, a guilty expression overcoming Luke, "What's your problem man?" Jerry softened his expression.

"..fuck, I- I- didn't mean to." Jerry pat his shoulder moving past him. "It's fine, it's fine man, just calm down." Luke huffed a breath, his hands on his knees as he hunched over.

"Brush it off Luke, let's go, you're good." Jerry beckoned already beginning walking towards the mess hall, Micheal joining him.
Luke cheered up quickly the twins cracking a few jokes as they neared the hall. Luke laughed loudly at the twin's before Micheal's words stopped him.

"Luke." Micheal's humorous tone dropped as both twins stared across from Luke, their jaws ajar, "..mate." Micheal's words weren't unnoticed as Luke turned his head, his eyes widening at the sight. An older girl walked towards the camp covered in blood. In her hair, dripping down her forehead, soaked into her clothes. In her hand she struggled to carry the bloody head.

With a toss to the floor, the lion's head rolled throughout camp, some screams sounding as older siblings covered younger siblings eyes. "Found this at your barrier." She announced to no one in particular spotting Chiron emerge in the distance.

"Thought you'd want it." Her eyes flickered across teens missing Luke and the twins as she continued on her way towards Chiron. Luke gulped as he watched someone eventually cover the bloody lion head.

Pandora was back.