< NIGHTSHADE >

3 months prior

"Pandora." The same sickeningly laugh echoed through her head. "Didn't think you were still alive." She gulped taking a step back, "Suppose it was your pathetic father's doing." She took another hesitate step back, the dark light provided hardly any noise to break the tension between them.

"Cat got your tongue child." Pandora tightened the grip on her sword behind her back, "Always were quite timid, lurking around, failing things, killing things." The voice in Pandora's head worsened..

Do it.. kill her..

"You were a horrible mother. A horrible person, you deserve everything that is coming for you." Pandora revealed the sword her eyes lighting.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Her mother had no fear as she stopped closer. "I made you who you are Pandora, my methods were justified."

Do it.. kill her..

"Those scars you bear made you powerful just like he wanted." Pandora's chest heaved her grip tightened as she stopped back up.

"Stop lying, Hades didn't inflict those scars, you did. Despite what anyone told you." Pandora spat flames flooding down her skin towards her sword. "Hades wants me to kill you— I want to kill you."

Do it.. kill her..

"I will kill you." Pandora's mother had no chance as the sword slid smoothly into her stomach, Claire Walker falling to the ground in a pile of her own blood. well done.

"I won't give the pleasure of dying in the hands of your daughter. Have fun in hell Claire." Pandora stood over the body walking towards the door—

SLAM.

Pandora jolted from her covers almost sliding of the bed if it wasn't for her hand on Reaper's fur, the hell hound joining her finally after days in the underworld. "Reaper, good boy." She smiled softly, before she jolted back again this time ending on the floor at the figure in the corner of her room.

"He was at your door for hours before I let him in." Annabeth shrugged staring at the hound wearily, "Why are you so shaky." Pandora hid her trembling hands behind her back still sat on the ground.

"No reason, only the possibility of a girl lurking in my room watching me sleep." Pandora shook her hand pulling herself to her feet, "Good morning Annabeth, please show yourself out." Pandora's hair entangled with her fingers attempting to braid it poorly.

"Your hands are still shaking, let me." Pandora didn't get to disagree Annabeth pulling at her hair as Pandora sat back on the bed. "You have an awful lot of hair Pandora." Pandora exhaled wearily as Annabeth continued pulling at her hair.

"I don't know why you're still talking to me Annabeth, let alone braiding my hair." She fiddled with her shaky fingers anxiously, "They all hate me, even Luke, or he's a least scared of me." Annabeth had already braided a few strands of hair connecting to her pony tail.

"They don't." Annabeth tied her hair up moving to sit beside her, "The twins just listen to Dahlia and Dahlia is too stubborn to talk to you. Luke could never hate you let alone by scared of you." Annabeth stood when Reaper circled the bed coming rather close to Annabeth.

"He won't hurt you Annabeth, I promise." Pandora rubbed her eyes tiredly, her other hand brushing along Reaper's coat, "He usually growls at Luke, he likes you." Annabeth nodded to the dog still heistant as she moved past descending the stairs.

"Want to practice sparring with me?" The young girl offered, Pandora following after her as she changed on the way pulling her camp shirt over her head. "I've gotten way better, better than you I'm sure." Pandora snickering following after Annabeth through the door to her cabin.

"I'm sure you have." Pandora shut the door behind her following Annabeth as she walked towards the eating hall. "Hey, uh I'll catch up with you Annabeth." Pandora paled noticing the stares she was gaining from Annabeth's usual table, Dahlia's glare putting off walking with the girl.

Before Annabeth could protest Pandora split off from her turning in the opposite direction. She wasn't ready to deal with the situation just yet.

"Pandora!" She slowed to meet the boy running after her. "Take these." He placed a handful of strawberries in her hand. She could hardly get a hardly get a word out before Luke disappeared, Pandora turning and continuing on her way.

Strawberries. They were her favourite.