< BLOOD // WATER >

Pandora stood beside Dahlia angrily, clenching her fingers over and over again til she swore her knuckles would break. "Pandora deep breaths." Dahlia warned beside her, the opposite side of the two girls, the other team, Clarisse at the centre of it.

"Welcome to today's war games!" Chiron voice echoed from the centre of the of the woods, teens seperated by two sides. "The first team to retrieve the opposing flag and return it across the river shall be the victor. As always, there will be no maiming and no killing. I trust these rules will be respected. Let the games begin."

Before Pandora could run in her direction a strong grip on her arm stopped her, "Not so fast Walker." Luke beckoned pulling her towards him a moment. "You're with me"." Before she could protest, "Annabeth's orders." Pandora glanced at the stern 10 year old nodding towards the older boy.

"Fine." She allowed him to pull her along behind him, a few others from their side in front, typically Jerry carrying the flag like a lunatic waving it around tauntingly. "Loosen up will you." He realised he was gripping her arm tightly pulling his hand away.

"Who usually wins these things." Pandora small talked as they continued walking further into the forest. Luke seemed stressed, anxious even as Jerry up ahead dug the flag into the ground lots of young warriors spreading out.

"Us." His answers were short, irritated, annoying Pandora further. "Don't let your guard down." He instructed continuing to lead her to a specific location.

"I wasn't planning to, hey what's the problem." She grabbed his arm swivelling him around to face her, "You're pacing like a lunatic." His eyes didn't meet hers at their close contact instead his eyes fixated on her lips. "Luke". She muttered shifting his gaze.

"I'm alright princess, I promise." He put in a smile for her as he continued stopping at a certain spot, Pandora leaning against the tree as they waited.

"How long till I get to fight someone." Pandora sighed bored as the pair stood still for almost 10 minutes hardly any sound in the large forest.

"We're protecting the flag, hopefully never." He paced back and forth in front of her, his eyes scanning the forest. In the distance a figure appeared shooting Pandora up from the tree.

"Thank god." Pandora smirked watching the girls grow closer, the sword in her fingertips lighting. "Looks like we will be fighting someone after all." Clarisse grew nearer and before Luke could interrupt Pandora paced forward.

"Death and her boyfriend, just the pair." Pandora's eyes hardened, Luke groaning softly a few steps behind her.

"Shouldn't you be after the flag Clarisse." Luke walked forward in front of Pandora, "It is the game, is it not?" Luke taunted, almost as if Pandora had influenced his words somewhat.

"I'd much rather—

Luke cursed as Pandora jolted forward swinging down, her sword colliding with Clarisse's spear. He didn't get much choice as Clarisse's siblings came after him, the other two girls wrapped in the heated battle.

"Pathetic now that your boyfriend can't protect you." Clarissie taunted, Pandora eyes lighting up angrily followed by sword, "Neither can daddy, fire won't help your poor skills." Pandora shouted out angrily her sword sliding off of Clarisse's digging into the ground.

Clarisse landing a cut across Pandora's face, the girl dropping a knee to swipe at Clarisse's ankle. Are's daughter jumped over her sword with ease swinging down towards Pandora. Pandora brought the sword up stopping the spear from impaling her once again behind Luke still fighting two girls at once.

"At least my father took the courtesy to meet me, have you met yours?" Clarisse groaned in frustration only managing to get one more cut across Pandora's waist, before Pandora tricked Clarisse raising the flamed sword to her neck.

"Enough." Pandora cursed Clarisse attempted to continue paused as the flames licked closer to her skin, "You've lost." She stared in the distance Annabeth holding up the flag victoriously. "Suck it up." She dropped the sword a rather vicious Clarisse storming off.

Pandora clutched her side breathlessly as the rest of Clarisse's siblings walked off similarly. "Hey, hey are you alright?" Luke's hand gripped her waist gently, Pandora's straightening herself up.

"Fine.." She huffed tensing at the touch on her waist as he retracted his hand, "...you?" Luke had a range of cuts across his body from the two girls, most notable on his chest.

"Good, yeah fine. So much for keeping calm Walker." He smirked nudging her arm as he moved past, quick to celebrate the win with Annabeth.