5.Kaleidoscope

"Miranda, this is Ashton, Luke, and Calum. They have something they want to say to you." Michael is in the middle of introducing Miranda to the boys. They each have their arms crossed as if to protect themselves from the green eyed girl standing in front of them. Her bleach blonde hair twisted around her pointer finger.

"We're sorry we were staring at you." They say in unison monotone. Then Ashton and Luke shoot a glare Calum's way and he winces.

"And I'm sorry I woke you up by biting into my apple. In my defense it was delicious." He sighs and the girl laughs.

"You're all fucktards, I hope you know that." She grins at the four boys who stand in front of her. Her white teeth show and so do her dimples. All the boys just melt under her soft gaze. Her piercing fire from the concert where she had first met them was gone now and replaced with something small and tired.

"You wanna have something to eat?" Michael asks her. She nods eagerly and follows him into the kitchen.

"Okay we got cereal, orange juice, eggs if you know how to make them I don't know about you but I never touch them. And some bread for toast but don't ask Ashton to make it for you he will burn the shit out of it."

"Toast doesn't have shit you idiot!" Ashton yells from the living room where he is twirling one of his drumsticks while Luke is talking through some song lyrics to nobody but himself. And Calum is laying on the floor, maybe asleep, maybe not.

"I'll take the cereal." She says to Mike, grabbing the Rice Krispies from the cabinet.

"Want some juice or milk, Miranda?" The boy asks from his head in the fridge.

"Yeah, both please." She says as he places the orange juice and whole milk on the counter as she roots through the dishwasher to find a clean bowl and spoon.

"Here you can sit here, Miranda." Michael says, pointing to the dining room table. She just nods and sits down with her carton of juice and bowl of cereal.

"Is there anything else you want, Miranda?" He asks her. Her head shoots up and she rolls her eyes.

"Uhm yes there is one thing that I really need from you right now." She says sarcastically. Michael just smiles at her, telling her to go on.

"Stop calling me Miranda please for the love of god!" Her shriek at Michael fills up the whole house and just leaves Michael shocks all her can do is nod.

"Okay! Okay! Sounds good! What do you want me to call you?" He asks her

"Uhh nothing. But if you must call me something, call me Mir." 

"Okay Mi-"

"NO! Not in every fucking sentence please! I hate my name you really don't have to rub it in every damn sentence. Gosh Michael." She laughs a little at the boy who looks too stunned for words.

"So, I guess I'll go get changed and head out." Mir says, standing up and putting her dish in the sink.

"What? No! Where would you go?" He asks her, running up next to her as she goes up the stairs. They make it to the bedroom where they had slept.

"I don't know. A ditch?" She chuckles and starts looking through her bag.

"No, you're staying here. We have plenty of room and this can be your room." He says smiling at her. She looks at him.

"What about the boys, I am sure they will mind." She sighs, looking a little disappointed. He begins to shake his head.

"Guys!! Will you mind if Mir lives with us?" He screams down the stairs and is met with a chorus of nahh!

"See, it's all good!" He smiles and she jumps into his arms, showering his cheeks with little kisses.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You're so amazing!"  She hugs him tighter. This all just gives the poor confused boy so many butterflies he can hardly think as he stumbles out of Miranda's room to let her get changed.

"Hey Mike?" She calls to him through the door

"Yo!" He answers back to her, a little smile on his face.

"My friend wants to see me to make sure I'm alright and all." She says. His smile fades.

"Is this... A boy?" He questions.

"Yeah a boy with long hair and a vagina who just happens to be my best friend." She says, rolling her eyes as she emerges from the bedroom wearing cut off shorts, black high tops, and a tee shirt with a band design on it. Her hair is put up in a messy bun too.

"Don't worry Mikey, nobody will replace you!" She chuckles as she passes him and goes down the stairs with him following close behind.

"Well, she's here!" Miranda sequels.

"Who's here?" Ashton looks up from his phone confused.

"Mir's friend." Michael says, just as the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it." Luke groans and heaves himself off the couch and towards the front door. As he swings it open his breath is taken. He sees the most beautiful girl standing there. Her bright blue hair is in waves and her lips are in a pout as she looks at him.

"Uhm- I uhh Uhm. Heyy." He tries to act smooth as he leans on the door way but misses the frame completely, slamming the side of his face on the wall.

"Wow." The girl mutters, stepping inside Luke can get a full look at her. Her colored blue hair is long and past her shoulders. She is wearing black shorts and all white converse and a gray shirt.

"And you are?" He asks her. She smiles a little at him.

"Mir's best friend." She says plainly.

"And does Mir's best friend have a name?" He laughs a little and her smile fades.

"Yeah, and it's Kathrine Anne Tate. You call me Kathrine, you die. Call me Blu." She growls at him, walking past him and into the living room, all Luke can hear is her voice ringing in his ears and a kaleidoscope of blue colors spinning through his head.