The Beach

There had been a lag in the amount of gigs the boys had been playing and they were on vacation. This gave Michael the opportunity to sit and sulk some more. 

The lack of shows that the boys played didn't effect Macey really. It's not like she went to any of the shows anyway. She couldn't  watch them without wanting to watch Michael.

And every time she watched Michael she fell even more in love with him then she was before. It broke her heart into smaller and smaller shards.

It rained every day it seemed. The house was always silent because the two who were the loudest both refused to open their mouths. All you could hear was the music playing from Michael's room. The same song played over and over and it's music notes crawled underneath the door and hummed to Luke, Ashton, Blu, Miranda, and Calum's ears.

They got tired of it, the same song. But Michael never did. Sometimes you could hear him singing it too. That was Miranda's happiest time of the day. Hearing Michael sing the same song over and over again. 

 "I'm sick, and I'm tired too
I can admit, I am not fireproof
I feel it burning me
I feel it burning you
I hope I don't murder me
I hope I don't burden you
If I do, If I do

If I meet you in the middle maybe we could agree
You make me feel little how you're looking at me
And you can throw me shade, all it does is just cool me off
First it just threw me off, now I'm just moving on

Fallin' again, I need a pick-me-up
I've been callin' you "friend, " I need to give it up

I'm sick, and I'm tired too
I can admit, I am not fireproof
I feel it burning me
I feel it burning you
I hope I don't murder me
I hope I don't burden you

Swim with me
I think I could see the beach
I know what's underneath
I need you here with me
But we're out in the open
Swim with me
I think I could see the beach
Just don't look underneath us
I need you here with me but we're out in the open

I'm sick, and I'm tired too
I can admit, I am not fireproof
I feel it burning me
I feel it burning you
I hope I don't murder me
I hope I don't burden you
If I do, If I do" 

"Michael!" Luke yelled over the blasting Neighbourhood song. "Michael open your fucking door! Shut the song off! Shut it off!" Luke gripped the door handle and shook it trying to get it open but it was locked, and Michael refused to hear Luke's yells.

"Don't tell him to shut it off." Luke hears a soft voice behind him. He turns around and sees Miranda, standing there quiet and small, smaller then she's ever been before.

"I'm sorry Mir." He says, lowering his head and shuffling into his and Blu's room. Mir walks forward and leans against the wall. She slides down the wall and sits down on the floor, her head back against it. 

"Hey." Calum says, sitting down beside her, crossing his legs.

"Are you cold?" He asks her, he can see her thin hands shaking. She shakes her head.

"His doors locked." Calum comments about Michael.

"I know." She answers him finally.

"If I were you, I would talk to him. We're all going out, okay?" He says, standing up and putting a cold metal object down on the floor beside Mir.

Her eyes travel down and land on it. 

She picks up the key and stands up, facing the door. She puts the key into the lock, takes a deep breath, and goes in. 

She sees him, laying on his side, turned away from her laying towards the wall. She walks over slowly and lays down on the bed. He rolls over and sees her.

"Mir." He whispers. She looks up at him and almost smiles.

"Swim with me. I think I could see the beach. I know what's underneath. I need you here with me. But we're out in the open." 

"Can I kiss you?" Michael glances at her chapped lips then back up to her eyes.

"Yes."