7.The a Team

Michael sits on the floor of his bedroom. Michael was scared. Michael wanted to cry. So he did. Michael Clifford was sitting on his bedroom floor crying his eyes out while everybody else was at the grocery store. 

"And they say, She's in the Class A Team, Stuck in her daydream. Been this way since eighteen. But lately her face seems Slowly sinking, wasting Crumbling like pastries... It's too cold outside. For Angels to Fly. Angels to fly." He whispers as tears stumble down his pale cheeks, crashing into each other. His eyes are shut as he grips a photograph tightly.

"Michael? Are you alright?" Miranda stands over him as he lays on the floor shaking as sobs wrack his body.

"It's too cold outside for angels to fly." He cries into the floor. Miranda drops to her knees and grabs Michael's body, pulling it closer to  her. He just grips her small shoulders and sobs.

"Michael, my love, my darling, what's wrong." She says in a soft voice. He just presses the photo into her hand. It's Michael and a girl. A girl a little younger than him. He is smiling with her. She is small and skinny with skin so pale. His arm is around her shoulder and they both look so happy.

"That's Annie, my little sister. She died. She died today last year. I couldn't help her. I tried so hard. And I couldn't. She was only sixteen." He says through sobs.

"What happened to her."

"She over dosed. I tried to get her to stop. She was just so sad. She was happier when I was there but then I had to go away. And she used so much all the time. She wouldn't stop. I couldn't save her."

"Michael, it isn't your fault. I know you miss her. I'm so sorry love." Miranda whispers to him and his sobs start slowing down.

"I just miss her so much. And I hate myself for letting her die." He says softly, his nose his running and his face is red from crying to much. 

"I know. It's gonna be okay." She says to him. He reaches down and pulls up the sleeves of his sweater. Her heart sinks when she sees the lines up his arms. Some recent, some old, and some brand new.

"Michael, why."

"Cause I'm not fine at all."