Chapter 12

- We need to talk.

Tip for having lasting friendships: don't drag your friends from their bedroom, from their beloved bed, at nine in the morning on a Saturday (who wakes up so early on a Saturday?), to the sofa in the living room where they are surrounded by others, who stare at them seriously, as if they were being questioned as the main suspect in a murder.

How are you supposed to react in these types of situations? The smartest solution would be to run out the door and escape while you can, when they least expect it.

I guess you've noticed that I don't usually make the smartest choices. As at this moment all I do is continue sitting in my seat, acting confused and asking them - About what exactly?

Anna, in her very friendly and gentle way of approaching a subject, decides to be the one to start the conversation – I admit that we can be a little stupid...

- Speak for yourself.

- Oh, Sofia! – complains Bea.

- ... but not to the point where we don't understand what's going on. Why aren't you telling us anything?

- Tell you what, specifically?

- About you and Seungmin, obviously? – Je? Seungmin? Obviously?

- About me and Seungmin what? – Am I just too slow to understand what they mean? They're all looking at me in a way that's almost like they're calling me stupid (what's their problem?). They're stressing me out with this interrogation. School is enough for me!

- Theresa, be honest with us – Bea begins – what were you doing the day before yesterday that took you so much time that you were almost late for the bus?

- I had to tutor Seungmin. In my defense, we had a mini test yesterday and I have not recovered from it yet.

- Oh! It probably went really well and you'll get a A! Don't be dramatic.

- What were you doing on Monday, that you couldn't come have lunch with me? – Iris continues with the interrogation.

- Seungmin wanted to buy me lunch. He had already promised it some time ago, but we could only manage to go on Monday.

- And why were you attached to your phone during the entire film yesterday, SMILING, I emphasize? – now it's Sofia's turn.

- Seungmin was sending me memes. There was one of a cat that I'm sure you'd love! I'll show you later.

- And you still can't understand why we're having this conversation? – Anna says back.

- OK! I may, or may not, be spending too much time with Seungmin. But what is the problem? Can't I be his friend?

- You can. But do you like him just as friends or...

- BEA!!! NO!!! JUST AS FRIENDS! You are all just creating scenarios that don't exist.

- Don't blame us for thinking this. In the last two months it's been rare for us to see you without the boy being by your side – replies Iris.

- And, if you weren't just friends, it wouldn't be a problem at all – Ana continues.

- Exactly. He doesn't even seem like a pig to you, so I accept this relationship – guess who made this comment.

- THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP AT ALL! OH MY GOD!

- Would you tell us if there was something between the both of you?

- Duh. You would be the first people to know. But, like I told you, we're just friends, okay? Just friends! So, please stop creating scenarios that will NEVER HAPPEN in your heads!

Weirdest conversation ever. We've been friends for years. Obviously, I tell them everything that happens to me.

But me? Liking Seungmin? More than friends? What a joke!

What a joke ...

It may be a good joke, but I admit that I spent the rest of the day thinking about it. During lunch. While watching series or writing. Even before going to the library at 7pm for another tutoring session. And while I was waiting for him.

With all these thoughts, I start to doubt what I really feel. Do I ...? No. Impossible.

I try to get ahead of some work that I have to hand in next week, but it becomes complicated with all the thoughts that are on my mind.

I'm so focused on working (by working I mean thinking about a certain boy) that I don't hear the library door opening and closing. Which, in a way, surprises me, since that door really needs someone to put a little (a lot) of oil on it. It makes such a loud nose when opened, it's crazy.

I don't even notice the sound of footsteps getting closer and closer to my table.

Until I see two hands resting on the table, one on each side of my notebook, trapping my body between arms, which interrupts my thoughts. I feel a body behind me, the smell of a man's perfume that I recognize so well. He lowers his head, so that his lips are at the level of my ears, and that's when he whispers – Good evening, professor.

OMG! I feel like I'm melting, face as red as a tomato and butterflies in my stomach.

Are you supposed to feel this way when you see a friend? I have big doubts.

He sits next to me, with one hand playing with some threads on the end of my shirt sleeve, while the other serves as a support for his head, with his elbow resting on the table.

This is driving me crazy. HE is driving me crazy!!!!

Okay. Think of ways to calm down.

I look at my notebook and start explaining the material we were just taught in class. The session went wonderfully well. I almost managed to ignore the boy next to me, who was now playing with my scrunchie that he decided to take off my wrist, without asking permission.

Out of nowhere, he starts playing with one of my curls with one of his hands. I look at him and we stare at each other. Not a second passes and he smiles at me.

He's beautiful!!!!

My heart races even faster than it already did. Today's the day! The day of my death!

I don't know how, I survive the rest of the session. However, I messed up a lot in my explanations and the excuse of being tired and sleepy won't work forever, especially when I can't calm down.

The time is up and we start packing up our things. The faster I get out of here, the faster I can clear my head of certain thoughts.

One thing is certain: today I came to shocking conclusions about myself and I already know the first thing to do!

For: littles bitches

You: I need to talk to you

Now!!!!!

Life or death situation!!!!!

Everyone come to my apartment!

Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I may haveexaggerated a little in the messages I sent them, but whatever)

Next chapter...