Chapter 21

I have just entered the room when Seungmin closes the door. He turns around, crosses his arms over his chest, leans against the door and remains silent for a few seconds, just looking at me.

- Don't even think about running away now – he exclaims – This time I won't let you escape.

And another heart attack.

I don't know how to act. Do I say something or let him speak first and explain what he wants? Do I look at him or somewhere else? I don't want him to know the effect he as on me... but, it's not like I'm not being obvious about it.

I try to maintain eye contact, but it becomes complicated when you have a boy like this in front of you. He does the simplest thing and I fall at his feet (not literally-I'm an independent woman!). My heart feels like it wants to jump out of my chest. I wish I didn't like him that much, but it's not something I can just stop and avoid.

He moves away from the door, thus remaining at his normal height. He is tall (I wish). Still with his arms crossed and now with his head turned down, biting his lower lip, looking at his shoes, he begins to walk step by step around me.

It looks like a shark observing its prey before attacking it.

After taking another turn, he stops in front of me, so close that all I can think about is how I hate that he always smells so good.

He lifts his head and looks back at me. I don't look away (wow! I don't even recognize myself).

- I think we have some unfinished business between us, don't you think? - he questions.

- Maybe.

He raises an eyebrow and smiles subtly. God! Why is he so hot?!

- I like you, Teresa.

Ok... so we get straight to the point, I see.

Fun fact: I will never recover from this information. I feel like my brain still hasn't understood and accepted this. It feels like I'm dreaming. This is all a dream. And what I know is that I don't want to wake up EVER.

- Hmmm – I respond, which makes Seungmin have a perplexed expression on his face. Ahah!

- Hmmm? Is that all you have to say? Hmmm? A guy here opening up and all you can say is hmmm???

- Ahahah – sorry, I couldn't contain my laughter. Seeing Seungmin angry is something I'm not used to seeing and, let me tell you, it's very funny. He's really cute. I should've film it.

- It's not funny, Theresa – although he tries to speak as seriously as possible, he can't help the smile that starts to spread across his mouth - I'm trying to have a serious conversation here – he no longer has his arms crossed, waving them from one side to the other in order to express what he's saying. So, I can see that I'm not the only one nervous to have this conversation. It's comforting.

- Ok... sorry – I try to calm my laughter and breathing. If we're going to be serious about this, that's what we're going to be.

- As I was saying, I like you. And I believe you feel the same.

- What? Liking me? Yes, you are absolutely right.

- Theresa!

- I'm kidding! – I pause, hesitating a bit before saying what he probably wants to hear (it's still strange to say it out loud) – I like you too.

Okay. You can't judge me for looking down. Saying something like is nerve recking. It takes a lot of courage. I should get an award for this. I didn't stutter or anything. I'm so proud!

When I turn to him again, all I can see is the big smile on the boy's face. Teeth out and everything. I really like him a lot!

- So... what now? – I ask, scared.

He likes me. I like him. It doesn't mean we end up together, you know?

- Now? You tell me what you want – he approaches me and puts a strand of hair behind my ear.

What do I want? I don't know. I just know that I want him close to me, no matter what way.

He seems to notice my internal debate, as he adds – You only have two choices, okay? – I nod my head – Either you become my girlfriend or... - he pauses, as if thinking – now that I think about it, you really only have one choice.

Wow! That's...yeah!

- So, what will it be?

What will it be? You only gave me one choice. Am I upset with the option? No.

He wants me as his girlfriend??!! WHAT?!?

- I don't know if being your girlfriend would be the best decision. It's all very fast. I want to take it slow, get to know each other better and see where this goes.

- OK.

- OK?

- Hmmm.

And he smiles so widely. I've never seen him smile so much. I love his smile. You must be tired of the word smile by now. But seriously, his smile is the most beautiful thing I've seen in my entire life. I'm actually mad. Why do guys have the prettiest smiles? Not fair.

- For me, perfect – and hugs me with a force that squeezes me all over. I like it. I love it. I put my face on his chest (again, he's very tall), unable to breathe as I'm suffocated by his shirt. I wrap my arms around his waist and squeeze him with the same intensity as he is doing to me. Maybe not so hard, but that's for biological reasons.

OMG! I can't believe this just happened. Okay. Let's see where this goes. Honestly, I think this is what's best for us. This way the transition is smoother and doesn't scare me as much. It's obvious that in the end, if it's up to me, we'll end up together. I really like him. I would never be able to live my life happily without having him by my side. I can't even understand how I survived this far without him.

Just spending a day without seeing him is difficult and spending those two weeks ignoring him were, in all honesty, the worst weeks of my life. You won't see me in that situation again, take note of what I tell you. Why did I do that to myself? I don't think I can go an hour without him.

Speaking of spending an hour without him - Why did you miss class today? – I ask, moving away from him enough to see his face, without taking my arms off his waist.

- My previous class ended later than usual, and I still had to stay to talk to the professor about some topics.

- Hmmm, I see. So, Minho has other classes with you?

- Minho? He didn't go to class? He doesn't have any other classes with me besides this one.

Weird. Maybe his previous class also took longer than expected.

- Do you have more classes? – I shake my head – So... do you want to come to the bakery? I'll buy you a croissant with Nutella. And then we could go to a bookstore. And I might or might not buy you a book. Or we could do something else you want, and we could consider this, but only if you want to, as our first date. What you say? Do you think it's too early or...

I nod my head in a way that makes it seem like it's going to move away from my neck.

- No! It's perfect!

Liking him was the best thing I ever did in my life. He even knows how to reach my heart. Yes! Spends your money on me! And give me something to eat!

He turns his back on me and walks to the door. When he gets there, he stops, while one hand ties the doorknob, the other is extended towards me, palm facing up.

- Are you coming?

Duh! What question!

Next chapter.