Chapter 24

- I'm going to kill him! – I exclaim, while SeungminS laughs like crazy.

- Poor little thing!

Poor little thing? This is the third time that dog has decided to go to the bucket of water, supposedly to drink, gets all wet and tries to dry himself next to me. I'm hanging by a hair's breadth. He does it once again and I promise it won't see the light of day again!

Seungmin, who had been crouched down petting a dog for the last ten minutes, gets up, shakes his hands and takes it into the cage, then closes it.

- I'm going to the bathroom, okay? – He asks, heading towards the door that leads into the building.

I nod as I watch him enter. I still can't believe that he actually like me. This still seems like a dream.

Today it's just the two of us. Anna said that she wasn't going to spend the whole afternoon as a third wheel just because I don't know how to be honest with Seungmin and I'm the worst at coming up with good excuses. According to her, I should solve my problems myself and not let her get caught in the middle.

When I least expect it, I feel a large amount of water drops attacking me. My right side is partially wet. When I turn to assess the situation and discover the cause of it, I come across the stupid dog, all excited, tail wagging and tongue out, looking in my direction.

If looks could kill, this dog would already be annihilated and in dust.

I get up and start running after him.

Suddenly, two arms tied themselves around my waist, preventing me from continuing after the dog.

- Wow, wow, wow... calm down!

- Calm down?! I can't take it anymore!

- He's a dog, Theresa.

- Dog? That's a demon!

- How about I put him in the cage? Better? – I nod my head.

- Seungmin! Theresa! Can you feed them, please?

I look around and only see a bag of food on the floor, already half empty. I then decide to go to the storage room to bring another bag.

I don't have any complex about my height. I am not tall. If we want to be more correct, I'm more on the small side, but I'm not very short either. I accept it well when others make fun of my height (I'm already used to Sofia's comments, so I doubt it even exists worst ones). Being small has its benefits.

Now, when I have to go get something that's on the highest shelf, where I can't even jump, I start to kinda hate my size.

Who was the fool who decided to put the bags of dog food at the highest possible point in the storage room? Who am I going to have to kill?

Even though I'm not expecting good results, I still try to stretch and jump, coming to the conclusion that I need to see a physiotherapist in the very near future. My back isn't what it used to be.

I give up! I turn to go get a chair, but I am blocked by a body, unable to leave my position.

Seungmin raises his arms and takes a bag off the shelf without any difficulty. He sets the bag down on the floor next to us, and the moment he looks at me, he has a mocking smile on his face.

- I'm torn. Should I send the video of you, bouncing around failing miserably to reach the bag, to the others, as it's too good for me to be the only one to see it, OR keep it to myself and use it as a form of blackmail? Which one do you prefer?

- Go annoy someone else! -and I try to get around him, irritated. I can't believe he was standing at the door watching me make a scene. How embarrassing.

Before I can walk any further, Seungmin's hand stops me, pulling me back to my original position, by the waist.

- I'm messing around with you, okay? I won't show it to anyone or blackmail you. Although I don't promise not to use it to make fun of you.

Jerk. What he doesn't know is that I also have something up my sleeves.

- Do you remember that photo Han took of you? The one where you just woke up? He may or may not have sent it to me. So, I would be careful if I were you.

He looks at me with a shocked face, making me feel more confident. As I can see his cell phone in his pants pocket and he is still absorbing what I just told him, I attack.

The problem? It's not that easy to get a cell phone out of a jeans pocket (stupid boys and their stupid big pants pockets, which I think we would all like to have too). He managed to intercept my movements, griping my hand that was closest to the target.

Before I can react again, he's already reaching for my cell phone, taking it out of my coat pocket with ease and raising it above his head.

I try to reach him, without success. How will I get it back? I need to distract Seungmin. But how? Think, Theresa. Something that will completely distract him.

And that's when an idea comes to mind. A very stupid, completely irrational idea. In my defense, I was desperate and he was very close to me. If we really think about, it's his fault. He annoyed me which made me not think twice about my actions and their consequences.

I take another step forward, practically glued to him, I stand on my tiptoe, hands going up to his shoulders and finally to his neck, pulling him down.

And I kiss him.

Something simple, just a touch.

I don't understand how, just a simple contact between our lips led to an exponential increase in my heartbeat, almost as if my heart wanted to come out. I put my hands over my mouth, shocked by what I just did. I'm getting hot, my cheeks are burning.

I KISSED HIM! OMG! I don't even know myself. JE! KISS! SEUNGMIN! OMG!

He looks as surprised as I am, eyes completely wide.

I remember my goal with this: to get my phone back. I remove it from his hand, since, with everything that happened, he ended up lowering his arm, and I go around it, this time successfully.

I'm about to escape when I'm stopped again with a hand gripping my wrist. I turn around and another hand positions itself on my face. I can't even register what happened when the same lips connect with mine again. Now, more than a little touch.

Next chapter...