Chapter 21: Battles of Strength

Meanwhile, back in the secret underground passage, Arigail advanced towards Kristine, lifting her axe and preparing for another attack, she taunted her, challenging the effectiveness of Kristine's weapon. "Let's see what that puny weapon of yours can do!" she exclaimed, swinging her axe.

Kristine once again managed to dodge Arigail's attack and swiftly countered, slashing her chest. However, to her surprise, Arigail remained unfazed, with only a visible scratch mark as evidence of the attack.

Kristine furrowed her brows, analyzing Arigail's armor-like battle suit. It appeared impenetrable. Determined, this time Kristine initiated the attack, dashing towards her larger opponent. Arigail swung her gigantic axe in an attempt to counter Kristine's assault, but Kristine skillfully evaded the blow. Adjusting her grip on her katana, Kristine executed a piercing stroke, aiming for Arigail's vulnerable spot. However, to her dismay, her sword failed to penetrate the armor.

"Hahaha! Is that all your puny weapon can do?" Arigail burst into laughter. "I suggest you consider a career change from mercenary to cook," she added mockingly.

Despite the mockery, Kristine's lips twisted, maintaining her composure. She concluded that Arigail's battle suit was made of special alloys, rendering it nearly indestructible.

"That knife of yours will be more useful in the kitchen" Arigail taunted. "Why don't you consider retiring now? she added.

Kristine remained silent and calm.

"Are you that stubborn? I'll make sure you retire!" she exclaimed, flinging her gigantic axe once again.

This time, Kristine knew how to counter. After deftly dodging the attack, she swiftly sliced Arigail's shoulders, her katana finding its way through the joint in the armor.

Arigail shrieked in agony. Though she had experienced pain before, this was the most excruciating she had ever felt.

Elsewhere, in a dimly lit prison cell within one of the dungeons, the stench of dead rodents permeated the air. Mika and Michelle were diligently gathering all the necessary evidence to expose the Governor's nefarious activities.

"I've completed compiling all the recorded data," Michelle stated, her expression serious as she looked at Mika. "Thanks to the abilities of our nanotech bots, they didn't detect that I have comprehensively collected all the necessary videos capturing the Governor, his minions, and their evil deeds," she added.

Mika responded with an angry tone, "I hope this evidence is enough to ensure he is sent to prison for good."

"We'll need to make our way outside and send this evidence to headquarters," Michelle replied. "However, I'm concerned that there's an advanced jamming frequency device inside this place. My message can't get through. We really need to go outside." she added.

Mika's worry grew. "Yes, I have a bad feeling that Kristine and the others might need our help," she said. "But what about all these girls? We can't just leave them here," her eyes filled with genuine concern.

Michelle agreed, her voice filled with understanding. "I understand, but if we try to protect all of them during our escape, it might jeopardize our mission. Our best course of action is to transmit this evidence to Selene and wait for the raiding team to arrive."

With limited options, Mika reluctantly nodded in agreement.

And with their combined strength, Mika and Michelle exerted all their effort, attempting to pull the iron bars apart. However, despite their enhanced abilities, the bars remained stubbornly immovable.

"It's tougher than I thought," Michelle remarked, a determined look on her face. "But don't worry, I have a solution."

In that moment, the nanobots within Michelle's eyes sprang into action, forming a holographic image that displayed calculations. Michelle then focused her attention on one of the iron bars, and the nanobots spread out, infiltrating the metal.

"I knew it," Michelle stated confidently. "There are special alloys inside these bars."

Mika, her voice filled with concern, asked, "How can we possibly escape?"

"Worry not, cutie," Michelle reassured her, a mischievous smile on her face. Suddenly, she was able to effortlessly pull one of the bars apart.

Mika's amusement was evident as she asked, "How did you manage to do that?"

"It's simple. By using our nanobots, they disassembled the molecular structure of the special alloys, weakening their properties," Michelle explained.

Mika's brows furrowed, and her lips twitched in a mixture of confusion and amusement. "You know what? I used to skip math and science class."

Michelle simply smiled, unfazed by Mika's admission.

Back again in the secret passage entrance, Kristine and her group were gaining the advantage in their respective battles.

Rinoah and Rurug were engaged in a fierce struggle, their strength almost evenly matched. However, Rinoah's speed proved to be her advantage, making it difficult for Rurug to land a clean hit. Rurug's face was now covered in his own green blood, but his resilience kept him fighting, refusing to give up.

Kristine, on the other hand, had the upper hand against Arigail. If it weren't for Arigail's incredibly durable armor-like battle suit, Kristine would have already emerged victorious. Green blood dripped from the wounds in the connection joints of Arigail's battle suit, a testament to the damage inflicted by Kristine's relentless attacks.

Meanwhile, Calista found herself struggling to get close to her opponent. Infinite daggers kept flying towards her, making it nearly impossible for her to approach. She couldn't comprehend where these daggers were coming from. Although daggers were Calista's primary weapon as well, she couldn't afford to throw them away like her enemies, as she didn't possess an unlimited quantity.

The battles continued to intensify, each member of the group facing their own challenges.

"We can't waste any more time!" Kristine exclaimed, her determination evident. "We need to eliminate them as quickly as possible." She struck a confident pose, preparing to launch herself towards Arigail, ready to deliver the finishing blow.

Rinoah nodded in agreement. She readied herself for the attack, withdrawing her weapon from her lower back. As she walked slowly towards Rurug, the stick transformed once again, morphing into a trident.

Rurug and Arigail, realizing that their lives were now truly at stake, reached into their secret pockets and retrieved enhancing drugs. With no other choice, they resorted to using these drugs, willing to gamble their lives in order to gain an advantage.

Within mere seconds, the enhancing drugs took effect, and the wounds of Rurug and Arigail started to heal almost instantly. Their bodies rejuvenated, ready to continue the battle.

Rinoah, driven by determination, continued her charge towards Rurug, aiming to strike him with her trident. However, to her astonishment, Rurug managed to catch her trident, defying the odds. "Impossible," she whispered to herself, taken aback by his newfound speed and resilience.

Rurug held onto the sharp edge of the trident, blood dripping from his hands, yet he appeared unaffected by the pain. Rinoah's attack had been thwarted, leaving her momentarily stunned.