Chapter 23: Ruthless and Cute

Meanwhile, before Mika and Michelle could escape, Mika made a promise to the captive girls, assuring them that they would come back for all of them. However, the girls, already consumed by despair and lacking any glimmer of hope, remained silent, their gazes fixed on Mika and Michelle as they disappeared into the darkness.

As Michelle and Mika reached the exit, their path was intercepted by the tall female demon, the female werewolf, and the bulky female demons.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?!" the tall female demon shouted, commanding the female orc and werewolf to capture them.

But before their adversaries could make a move, their heads rolled onto the floor. Mika swiftly executed a lethal slash, her eyes burning with anger. "Send my regards to the other side," she hissed furiously.

Michelle was taken aback, witnessing Mika's ruthlessness for the first time. However, in an instant, Mika reverted back to her cute aura.

"Let's go!" Mika exclaimed, playfully posing with two separate fingers on her cheek.

As they ran, nano bots began to cover their bodies, transforming their clothes into battle suits, similar to the rest of the Shadowstrike members. Only their hair remained exposed.

Meanwhile, in the room provided by the governor for his visitor, Eijin standing face to face with his two formidable opponents; Victor Blackwood, the ancient and powerful leader of the Nocturne Coven, and the enigmatic Warlock.

"You just caught me off guard," Victor explained, his gaze fixed on Eijin. He murmured softly as he glanced at the ring on his middle finger, the Stone of Ka-linga, with power to augment the strength, speed and other abilities of its wielder. After a brief enchantment, Victor's flattened nose suddenly reverted back to its normal shape, as if nothing had happened.

Eijin's eyes sharpened as he witnessed the immense power of Ka-linga.

"Master, this man is dangerous," the warlock uttered with a soft, low tone. "We must destroy him before he can cause any more damage," he added.

"Indeed, he has already inflicted too much damage upon my coven," Victor hissed, his voice filled with bitterness. He couldn't forget how they and the Lunar Pack had been defeated by Eijin and his allies in the abandoned warehouse.

"I will provide support for you, master," the warlock declared before disappearing from sight. Eijin was taken aback, still able to sense the warlock's presence in the room. "He must have used cloaking magic," Eijin thought to himself.

To Eijin's surprise, Victor's body suddenly emitted a faint greenish glow, as if he was enveloped by a powerful aura. "You are truly useful, Marthis," Victor remarked with an evil smile. In a sudden leap, he launched himself towards Eijin, landing a devastating blow.

Caught off guard, Eijin despite having the ability to teleport, as well as his symbiote's ability to create an impenetrable force field or even a nearly indestructible shield, hadn't thought to use them at that moment. Victor is too fast. Acting on instinct, he raised his arms to block the attack. The force of the punch was so powerful that the symbiote's protective tissue covering his arms seemed to disintegrate upon impact.

Even Victor himself was surprised by the newfound powers he possessed. With the strength-enhancing capabilities of Ka-linga and the enhancements provided by the warlock, his abilities had become a formidable combination.

"Hmm... Now this is true power." Victor exclaimed. "I'll savour every moment crushing you."

Victor laughed maniacally and launched himself once again to attack Eijin, delivering another swift and powerful punch.

This time, Eijin anticipated the attack and teleported himself to the back of Victor. Blades materialized in both of his arms, preparing to strike with a piercing blow. However, before he could make his move, a laser-like beam shot towards him. Though the beam was incredibly fast, it lacked significant power. Eijin quickly countered with a barrage of bladed weapons conjured by his symbiotes, directing them towards the source of the beam.

A spray of red blood splattered against the walls, indicating that Eijin may have successfully caught the warlock with one of the bladed weapons he had thrown. As Eijin scanned his surroundings, searching for the warlock, Victor launched another powerful punch. However, Eijin easily evaded the attack, his keen perception allowing him to read Victor's movements.

What troubled Eijin was the warlock's sneak attacks. Despite the room's size, he could sense the warlock's presence but couldn't pinpoint his exact location.

Eijin's mind suggested that he should deal with Victor first, but every time he attempted to do so, another sneak attack from the warlock would strike him. Each attack grew in power, increasing the difficulty of the situation.

Once again, Victor leaped into action, this time launching an attack from above while the warlock attacked simultaneously. Eijin found himself unable to evade both attacks at the same time, so he blocked with his arms. This time, the symbiotes adjusted to the force of impact, providing protection for Eijin's arms. However, the blow was incredibly powerful. The thick concrete slab on the second floor couldn't withstand the impact, causing Eijin and Victor to crash down to the ground floor. As the dust settled, debris of shattered concrete became visible.

As Eijin and Victor fell into the auditorium, the vast space provided the warlock with a significant advantage. With a wider surroundings, the warlock could launch sneak attacks from multiple directions, making it more challenging for Eijin to defend himself.

Looking up, Eijin felt a surge of worry for Elise's safety, fearing that she may have been caught in the chaos. Fortunately, he noticed that the corner of the room on the second floor remained intact, and to his relief, Elise was still safe. This brought a sigh of relief to Eijin, knowing that she had not been harmed.

He refocused his attention on Victor, determined to find a way to confront the warlock. "I need to come up with a plan to handle that warlock," he muttered to himself, contemplating the best course of action.