Chapter 26: The Aftermath

The three Shadowstrike members were taken aback by the scene they witnessed: Eijin cradling Elise in his arms.

"You are safe now," Eijin reassured Elise calmly, creating a distance between them.

As Eijin turned around, ready to leave, a commanding voice halted him.

"Wait! Stop right there," Kristine exclaimed, her voice filled with authority.

Eijin halted, but he did not look in their direction.

"Who are you?" Kristine and Mika asked simultaneously.

"A friend," Eijin calmly answered before teleporting outside the mansion.

Kristine and the others still had many questions for Eijin, but he had already vanished.

Michelle and Mika quickly approached Elise to check on her.

"Who is he?" Mika asked, referring to Eijin. "Do know him?" her voice is filled with curiosity.

"I don't know, but he saved me," Elise replied. " "I owe him my life." she added, her eyes full of admiration. If it wasn't for Eijin, she would have died.

Mika glanced at Kristine. "I knew it, he's good at heart," she said. "I hope he's cute too." Her voice and aura suddenly turned playful and cute once again, while curling her red hair.

Meanwhile, in another part of the mansion, the governor hurriedly made his way towards the elevator, accompanied by his elite guards. His escape plan involved reaching the helicopter pad, as it was the fastest way out. Within seconds, the elevator doors opened wide, but as they did, the governor's eyes widened in shock as they were met with guns pointed directly at them.

Realizing that resistance was futile, the guards decided to raise their hands in surrender. However, the governor, full of arrogance, sneered and demanded an explanation. "What the fuck is the meaning of this?" he spat.

One of the soldiers, with a gun still aimed at them, signaled for the governor and his guards to step out of the elevator. Reluctantly, the governor stepped outside, walking slowly. As he emerged, his eyes widened at the sight of four state-of-the-art fighting helicopters hovering above the mansion, securing the entire area. One of the helicopters floated above the helipad. The soldiers swiftly disarmed the governor's personal guards.

"Furious, the governor demanded, "Who sent you here?"

The soldiers broke formation, creating a space between them. A woman dressed in a black suit and skirt walked with authority and an air of mystery.

"Arrest them all," Selene instructed with a commanding tone.

The soldiers complied, taking hold of the governor and preparing to place high-tech handcuffs on him. However, the governor resisted, struggling against their grasp.

"Do you have any idea who I am?" he furiously demanded. "And who do you think you are, woman?"

"Selene. Sector 13," she declared with unwavering authority. "You will pay dearly for all your crimes," she added with disdain.

Governor Jade was taken aback. "Sector what? There is no such..." His thoughts trailed off as he considered the possibility that this woman could be from the covert government sector he had heard whispers about.

Meanwhile, in different parts of the mansion, government soldiers were seen securing the entire area. The governor's army, now outnumbered, could be seen walking with handcuffs behind their backs. The government soldiers had a significant advantage, outnumbering them three to one.

Calista and Rinoah finally caught up with Kristine, who was now with Michelle and Mika.

"Is everything okay?" Calista asked, trying to catch her breath.

Mika greeted her with a smile. "We saw him again!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with delight.

"Our mystery guy?" Calista asked, her disappointment evident. "Sheessh.. i missed it."

Michelle began to narrate, "Approximately six feet two inches tall, 185 pounds, broad shoulders, sexy physique..." she had recently added a body measuring device in her nanotech suit.

"It seems like one of your toys came in handy," Kristine remarked, clearly astonished.

"Yeah, just a simple addition to my suit's gadgets," Michelle replied, her pride evident. "...and you're five foot-9 inches, 36-26-36... err..." she's about to continue but she saw the piercing eyes of their leader towards her.

Suddenly, Mika's excitement grew as she remembered their promise to save the captive girls. "We need to go back to the prison cells!" she exclaimed.

Calista sought clarification, asking, "You mean the captives?"

"Yes!" Mika replied eagerly.

Rinoah reassured them, saying, "They're safe now. They are currently with the Special Health and Intensive Team, undergoing debriefing."

"Oh they were with the S.H.I..." Mika let out a sigh of relief, grateful that all the girls were safe.

Calista's curiosity sparked as she looked towards Elise and asked, "And who is she?"

Mika answered with a smile, "She's one of the captives. We initially thought she was the girlfriend of our mystery guy." She let out another cute sigh of relief.

Michelle playfully chimed in, teasing Mika, "Yeah, good thing she's not the girlfriend. You should have seen Mika's red face when she saw our mystery guy cradling this princess in distress."

Mika's face turned even redder as she exclaimed, "How did you know that? I'm wearing a mask!"

Laughter filled the room as the teasing continued.

The room fell silent as Selene entered, commanding attention. "Report!" she exclaimed, her tone filled with authority.

The Shadowstrike team snapped to attention, ready to provide their update. Kristine, as the team leader, spoke up. "Mission accomplished, ma'am," she proudly declared. "The mystery ally appeared."

Selene's brows furrowed in concern. "Him again? This mission is highly classified. How does he keep interjecting with our operations?"

"Ma'am, I tapped into the security cameras of this mansion," Michelle chimed in. "It appears that he fought the vampire leader, along with their magician ally, and took down a significant number of the governor's army."

Selene listened intently, processing the information. The presence of this mysterious ally was becoming more intriguing and concerning with each encounter.

Michelle then excitedly added, "And I managed to collect this sample from that mysterious guy."

The entire team looked on with fascination as they looked at the piece of tissue from the symbiotes inside a small glass container Michelle is holding. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be alive and moving.

Michelle, with her alien lineage has a background in alien biology, shared her knowledge. "This is not nanotech. I used our nanobots to contain this sample, and they detected an organic tissue cell that doesn't match any known living organism on our planet," she explained.

The team's intrigue grew as they realized the implications of this discovery.

"Good job, everyone," Selene greeted the team with a brief smile. "Your bonus has been credited to your accounts," she added.

The team's morale soared upon hearing Selene's announcement.

"Michelle, I need you to analyze those samples in our laboratory," Selene instructed before she departed. The elite soldiers followed her.