Chapter 22: Surpassing Limits

Meanwhile, Kristine chose to remain in her position, carefully observing and analyzing the situation. She wanted to gauge Arigail's newfound power after using the enhancing drugs. With a watchful eye, she awaited Arigail's next move, ready to assess her opponent's strength.

While Kristine and Rinoah were engaged in their own battles, Calista continued to struggle in her fight against Deborah. She needed to find a weak spot and understand Deborah's ability. Despite the seemingly equal match between them, Calista's speed and agility compensated for Deborah's infinite daggers. Thanks to her werewolf lineage, Calista's wounds healed almost instantly if she was hit by the daggers.

Calista sharpened her eyes, realizing that there were no daggers on the floor. She needed to analyze the situation and find out why. Initiating another attack, daggers came flying towards her as Deborah countered. Calista focused on counting the daggers while evading— one, two, three... six. Then, the barrage stopped. Calista made another move, this time a feint attack. As expected, daggers came flying again. She counted once more— one, two, three. "Only three," she noted.

With this observation, Calista made another attack, moving faster and counting up to eight daggers. She continued to increase her speed until she was able to get near her opponent. However, Deborah moved backward, keeping her distance. Calista realized that Deborah could only throw a maximum of eight daggers. Now, she needed to figure out how the daggers returned to Deborah. Simply using her maximum speed wasn't enough.

"This is troubling," Calista muttered to herself. "...but I'm not just beautiful and sexy... I am smart too." She boosted her confidence, knowing that she had more to offer than just her physical attributes.

Her eyes sharpened once again as she made another attack. This time, while moving, she hid one of her daggers and used only one. As expected, Deborah countered, but instead of evading, Calista blocked the attack with one of her remaining daggers and managed to catch one of the eight daggers thrown by Deborah.

Almost instantly, Calista followed up with another attack, repeating her previous moves. As she attacked, she skillfully hid her own daggers and utilized the ones she had caught from Deborah. She counted the daggers— one, two... reaching a maximum of seven. With a smirk, she successfully blocked and caught one of Deborah's daggers once again.

Calista continued her assault, this time using the two daggers she had caught. Her suspicions were confirmed— Deborah could only throw a maximum of six daggers now. "Could it be a teleportation technique?" Kristine pondered, her thoughts racing. "It doesn't matter now. I can finally get near you."

With determination, Calista dashed forward. With only six daggers at Deborah's disposal, Calista managed to slice through Deborah's both arms while deftly dodging her attacks, steadily moving closer. Anger burned in Deborah's eyes as she gritted her teeth, realizing the tables had turned.

"Unforgivable!" Deborah stared at Calista with disdain. "When did she notice my tricks?" she asked herself.

Meanwhile, Arigail oozed with renewed determination and unleashed a powerful, faster, and more destructive attack. Kristine's eyes widened in awe. Just moments ago, Arigail's condition seemed to be deteriorating, but with the effect of the enhancing drugs, she suddenly became more lively.

Kristine realized that she couldn't dodge the attack, so she blocked it with her katana. Their weapons clashed with a resounding impact. Kristine tightened her grip on her sword, her feet digging an inch into the ground as she absorbed the force.

"Time for round two! Bitch!" Arigail fiercely declared as their weapons evenly matched, pushing against each other.

"I'm not impressed!" Kristine gritted her teeth, standing face to face with Arigail.

"I said we need to finish them!" Kristine growled.

Upon hearing their leader's voice, Rinoah and Calista felt the urgency of the situation at hand.

Their eyes brimmed with determination, a spark igniting within them.

The three of them attacked in unison against their respected opponent.

Calista swiftly dashed towards Deborah, moving with blinding speed like a silhouette in the dimly lit surroundings. Daggers came flying towards her as Deborah countered her attack. Calista evaded all six daggers with precision, dancing with grace. She threw the two daggers she had previously caught back at Deborah, who managed to dodge her own weapons. However, it was too late. Calista closed the gap and stabbed Deborah in the neck and chest with her own dagger.

"You..." Deborah uttered, blood spurted out of her mouth. Her eyes widened in disbelief.

At the same time, Rinoah leaped into the air and kicked the opposite end of her trident. With the force of her kick, the trident slipped from Rurug's hand and pierced into his chest. Green blood spurted from his mouth. Rinoah then executed a backflip, landing on Rurug's shoulders. Swiftly, she retrieved the trident and made another acrobatic move, slashing it towards her gigantic opponent's neck.

In the same scene, Kristine's katana suddenly glowed. She pushed her katana forward, separating herself from Arigail. Arigail couldn't react to Kristine's blinding moves. In an array of deadly assaults, Kristine simultaneously slashed her katana at Arigail. Piece by piece, Arigail's armor-like suit fell, leaving deep and fatal wounds on her body.

All at once, Deborah, Rurug, and Arigail witnessed a white light, as if their life force was being sucked out of their bodies. This was followed by darkness, and then they suddenly collapsed onto the floor.

As Rinoah landed with a soft thud on the ground, the head of Rurug rolled beneath her feet.

Calista gracefully retrieved her daggers from Deborah's body, then turned around and struck a cute pose.

Kristine slashed her katana through the air once more, clearing it of blood, before she skillfully sheathed it back into the scabbard at her back.

They all took a moment to catch their breath, standing with a sigh of relief.

"We can't waste any more time," Kristine declared.

Calista and Rinoah nodded in agreement, and the three of them swiftly ran towards the entrance.