Chapter 33: The Plan

Inside the building, Jeson's group stepped out of their SUVs, dragging Maria Grace along with them. As she emerged, she quickly realized that there were not just a dozen, but even more werewolves surrounding them. Taking a moment to survey the area, she hoped to commit it to memory for any potential advantage.

As her eyes scanned the surroundings, they widened in shock when she spotted Joyce's 10-year-old daughter, Lucy, and her mother, Nelly, trapped inside a cage. Although they appeared physically unharmed, fear was evident in their eyes as they clung to each other, seeking solace in their embrace.

"We have arrived, Alpha," Jeson informed through his mobile phone. "Understood!" he exclaimed, before instructing his men to place Maria Grace inside a different cage as well.

Eijin, with his heightened senses, could still detect Maria Grace's calm heartbeat amidst the danger surrounding her. As he observed the setting sun, he realized that the approaching darkness wouldn''t work to his advantage, knowing that werewolves have exceptional vision in the dark.

To gain an upper hand, Eijin decided to utilize his weather manipulation abilities. His intention was to dampen the werewolves' senses, making it harder for them to detect his presence.

With a swift teleportation, Eijin materialized at the back entrance of the building. However, he couldn't teleport to places he hadn't seen before, so he carefully surveyed the interior of the building to determine his next teleportation destination. After a quick assessment, he teleported inside, ensuring he had a comprehensive scan of the area. Now that he had a clear understanding of the surroundings, he could teleport wherever he desired, allowing him to discreetly observe and investigate the situation.

Using the noise of the rain and thunder as cover, Eijin strategically positioned himself atop a file of container vans, taking advantage of the warehouse-like layout of the building's back. It didn't take him long to locate the blonde woman, who was in close proximity to two individuals in another cage. Eijin believed that these were the hostages the other woman's family had mentioned.

Using his symbiote's abilities, Eijin made contact with Mara's mobile phone. "Are you home already?" he asked, hoping to confirm her whereabouts.

Upon hearing Eijin's question, Mara blushed and replied, "Aw, i'm touched, i knew you really cared for me and you wanted me to give an update of my whereabouts all the time... we're still on our way home to the mansion, babe," while playfully twisting her hair.

Eijin, serious and focused, responded, "Quit messing around. I've located the blonde woman and the hostages. I'm going to save them now. I just wanted to know if there are any more werewolves in the vicinity. It will be challenging to escape with the hostages, especially considering the old lady and the child who seem terrified."

"Okay, on it," Mara responded determinedly. She swiftly began using her telepathic abilities to manipulate Elise's mind, sending vivid images of herself and Tres enjoying a peaceful trip on a luxurious yacht. Elise doesn't have any idea about their true identity so Mara must keep their secret to her by manipulating events in her mind. Meanwhile, her mobile phone transformed into a mini-computer, allowing her to tap into satellite feeds and gain a visual on the surrounding of Eijin's target buildings.

"The surroundings are safe," Mara confirmed, providing Eijin with the reassurance he needed to proceed with the rescue mission.

With the information provided by Mara, Eijin doesn't need a plan to save the captives. With just the number of werewolves not exceeding a hundred, it would be a piece of cake to handle all of them, even if they use enhancing drugs.

Eijin has already decided. He is about to jump below to save the captives when a voice in his head stops him. "Please, don't do it." it was Maria Grace, she connected to Eijin telepathically. He was taken aback, realizing that she was a telepath just like Mara.

"What?" both Mara and Eijin asked inside Eijin's mind.

"I said, don't act yet. We need to unmask the true mastermind," Maria Grace declared. "Their leader will arrive soon." she added.

Eijin and Mara couldn't understand what was happening, but they simply obeyed. "Who are you?" Mara asked.

"That is not important. What's important is we must know who the real mastermind is and save those hostages." she declared.

"We can't act properly according to your plan if we don't know your true intention," Eijin declared.

Mara listened intently, assessing everything.

Without any hesitation, Maria Grace stated and revealed herself, putting herself in a disadvantageous position. She had no other choice. She didn't want Eijin to act rashly. "I am Maria Grace, Director of the government's secret division, Shadowstrike. And I know that you are the mysterious ally that my girls talked about. I know you have good intentions, but by acting outside the government system, you are considered a vigilante."

Eijin and Mara listened intently, not revealing anything. Maria Grace held the highest position in Shadowstrike, which meant she was the real deal. She was smart.

"I now know that you are working together. A telepath and a warrior are the best combination. Now, please help me uncover the real mastermind."

"Mara?" Eijin didn't need to say more to ask for her opinion.

"It's up to you," she responded, showing respect for his decision.

"Okay, we will do it your way," Eijin agreed.

"Thank you," Maria Grace responded with a sigh of relief. "Now, please help me establish communication," she said, relaying a radio link frequency.

"I don't understand. You're a telepath too, so why can't you just reach them?" Mara asked curiously.

"I am indeed a telepath, but my range is limited," Maria Grace answered.

Eijin contacted the frequency Maria Grace provided. It was Joyce, her personal driver and bodyguard, who responded immediately upon contact. She was expecting anything related to her boss's situation.

"Who is this?" Joyce asked, already aware of the seriousness of the situation.

"Your director's instruction is for you to go to these coordinates," Eijin answered. "You must discreetly position yourself and wait for her signal," he added.

"I understand. I'll be there," Joyce responded. She already knew what the "signal" meant. With a range of 2 kilometers, their director could communicate with her.

The special bodyguard convoy overheard everything and agreed to come along. They knew that Maria Grace held a higher position than Selene and could disobey Selene's orders. Their resolve was as solid as a rock.