Chapter 23

After the long night of partying the avengers were ready for bed. After Tony had exited all the guests out and called happy to drop Peter home he went down to his workshop to make sure all his security systems were running after the evenings kidnap scare. It was odd because they were running just fine, it was a top system and he couldn't understand how someone could of just broken it. Was it hydra? Were they back?
The man didn't know but he couldn't sleep until he found out.

"Wanda are you awake?"
Nat knocked on the girls door but there was
no answer.

Natasha cautiously poked her head into the room expecting to see her daughter asleep. Wanda wasn't asleep but that wasn't Nats greatest concern. Her concern was the dog.
The dog asleep at the end of Wanda's bed.
Nat squinted to double check she wasn't seeing things.

"Wanda why...where..who.."
Nat stuttered.

"What?"

"The dog!"

"Oh well uncle Tony said
we can keep him, Kate found him
And it was here or the pound"

"And your Uncle Tony is
just letting you Keep the dog?"

"Wellllllll it's a funny
story actually"

"What's going on-" Steve started
as he entered the room "oh my god
did we get a dog?"

"Apparently we did.
Wanda spill"

Natasha and Steve had been fully educated on the events of the kidnapping story, and the two adults were genuinely impressed and surprised, though perhaps also a bit mad at the actions of the kids. Poor Tony would be stressed right now, trying to figure out how someone had broke through his security system. However, they did decide to let Wanda keep the dog, after giving her a small lecture on why the plan was an awful,awful idea, they did have to admit they admired the three teenagers determination to get the dog to stay. They kissed Wanda good night and told her to the name the dog before heading downstairs to find Tony and explain every thing to him.

Like they had guessed the duo found the man in his workshop,testing his security and rewatching footage from earlier. Of course Jarvis hadn't been much help, he wanted the dog to stay too and had formed an alliance with the kids to keep there plan a secret.

"Stark go to bed"
Nat told him as they entered
the workspace.

"I can't! Something happened earlier-"

"No one tried to kidnap AJ,
It was Kate. The kids set it
Up to show how the dog was
Some sort of hero so you would
Let them keep him" Steve informed
Tony.

"I was set up,it was a set up
that's a relief. Night"

The man quickly got up and fled to bed,
He was exhausted and still drunk. He needed his beauty sleep.

——-

Steve proceeded to turn off the main light, as the last source of artificial illumination being the nightlight that was located on the bedside table by Natasha's side of the bed. With a soft, contented sigh, the man climbed into his spot of the bed.

"Yay sleep"
he squealed childishly as his head hit the pillow.

"Tired?"

"It's way past my bedtime"

"I know, I was surprised to see an old man like you make it past 9:30"

"Haha very funny, well had you know
my bedtime is usually 10pm"

"Oh please you're usually asleep on the couch by 9"

Steve hummed in agreement,Nat wasn't wrong.

"Why's Ava mad at me?"
Steve turned to face Nat.

Nat chuckled,
"she thinks you're cheating
on me with Sharon"

"Oh dear god" he groaned.
"Did you put that idea out of
her head?"

"Of course I did but she's stubborn"

"Well I'll let her know in the morning
that I love her Mama and not Sharon"
Steve said unbeknownst to the fact that
he had dropped L bomb as he reached an arm over Nat and turned the light off.

Nat smiled at his words but decided not to say anything as she hummed in agreement (she was aware that he was oblivious to what he had just said). She leant over and kissed his cheek.

"Night моя любовь" she whispered.

"I don't know what
that means"

"Just go to sleep"

"You're so annoying" he chuckled
"Good Night Tasha"

——
A/N: a bit of a shorter chapter today sorry guys 🫡