Chapter 49

AJ was left incredibly confused as she was suddenly pulled out of training by Jonah and dragged into a lab. It had been so fast and so sudden that she had no idea what was happening or what they wanted, she had already had a daily visit to Jonah this morning, she never usually had a second. And she didn't want to, her body was still aching from this mornings experiments. The 9 year old helplessly watched the Scientists from her chair as they frantically set up equipment.

"Jonah we cannot do it yet, it hasn't been tested we're not sure if it's ready" one of the scientists told Jonah.

"It works" Jonah spoke bluntly as he fiddled with his syringes.

"It works yes. But it hasn't been tested on a real life human being we're not sure if the human brain can endure it yet. We need more time" another scientist argued.

"The kid isn't just any human being, she's enhanced, she can take it. The boss wants it done now so we get it done now! We do not have time for this, Natasha is here and I'm sure her superhero friends aren't too far behind so WE GET IT DONE" Jonah snapped.

AJ eyes went wide when she heard her mothers name, Natasha was here and the other were coming. She tried desperately to get out of the restraints that were holding her down, she needed to get out. They were coming to get her.

"Don't fight it" Jonah told the girl as he walked over with a syringe.

"No please, please don't" AJ begged as tried to squirm out of the chair, tears streaming down her face, she knew what he was trying to do to her, he was trying to make her forget, he was going to put her under the mind control just like she had seen in her vision. She didn't want that. Her family were so close, she was so close to being free, this wasn't fair. "Please don't do this!" She pleaded again as she looked Jonah in the eye, "for once just be my dad and not the bad guy" she whispered.

"Sweet dreams sweetheart" Jonah said as he stabbed a syringe into AJs neck.

AJ could feel it setting in pretty quickly as her vision blurred.

"I'm sorry I wasn't a better father" was the last thing she heard before she closed her eyes.

"Get the chemicals in her head now"
Jonah Sighed,he did wish he had been a better father to his kids, but the damage was already done now.

———-

"Natasha is that you? I need you to know I'm so sorry, I never meant for this to happen. I was a terrible father but you girls mean the world to me you always have"

Bucky awoke suddenly to the sound of Alexei pouring his heart out, giving some sort of 'sorry I was a lame father' speech. Bucky furrowed his eyebrows as he watched the man leaning against the glass door of the cell, Alexei believed he was speaking to Natasha however he was about to be pretty embarrassed.

Alexei jolted forward as the door of the cell opened, he looked down at his stomach and started to think that perhaps he had gotten fat given the fact the door had just been opened. Of course it wasn't his big belly that had forced the door open but rather Melina's hacking skills.

"Come on Fatso" Bucky teased as he stepped out of the cell.

"Hey! Hey! Don't call me fat, I'm not fat. You have no arm Haha Cyborg" Alexei huffed back as he followed Bucky out of the cell.

"Can you two stop bickering we have work to do" 'Natasha' scolded the duo but was quickly pulled into Alexie's embrace.

"Natasha I'm so-" the man began to apologize once more but 'Natasha' shrugged him off.

"I'm not Natasha" Melina told him as she pulled of her disguise.

Alexei gasped, "what?" He hadn't seen anything like that before he was impressed but then something dawned on him.
"IT WAS YOU THE WHOLE TIME! I POURED MY HEART TO YOU AND IT WAS JUST YOU!"

Melina shrugged, "yes! Now be quiet I'm on comms to Yelena"

"Comms? Oh she means ear piece?" Alexei asked turning to Bucky who nodded.

"Yelena it's me, it's mama. You have a 2 inch blade concealed in your belt line" Melina spoke softly into the comm.

"What?" Melina and Bucky heard Yelenas voice echo through the comms. Shortly followed by the sounds of her fighting off the scientists, "you couldn't of told me sooner?" Yelena huffed.

"Don't throw a fit, there was no time.
You know this place better then anyone, can you come and find me so we can get to the girls?" Bucky asked her.

Alexei tapped his ear trying to activate the ear piece but for some reason it wasn't working, "girls I'm having trouble hearing you but I just wanted you both to know that I'm so-"

"No no you don't have one" Melina cut him off.

"What?" Alexei frowned.

"You don't have an ear piece" she told him.

"Well why not?"

"There wasn't enough"

"But he gets one and I don't" Aelxei huffed as he glared at Bucky.

"I can't come find you i don't know where you are...where are you?" Yelena sassily asked Bucky.

"I don't know Yelena that's why I asked you to come and find me!" He snapped back.

"Describe your surroundings dumbass!"
She yelled through the comms making both Buck and Melina flinch.

"Cells? Cells with glass doors and weird shaped beds" Bucky told her as he looked around, he wasn't sure how else to describe what was around him.

"You're on the east side, I'm on the west. I'm not walking all the way to you, I'll meet you half way. Take the left exit then walk down the corridor til you get to the big red doors" she instructed.

"On my way" Bucky told her before looking at Melina, "you guys stay safe" he told them before running off.

"I can't believe you give him earpiece but not me" Alexei mumbled slightly hurt.

"I'll make it up to you later I promise" she gave him a cheeky wink before she started to walk off, "come on super soldier we have a job to do"

———

A/N: The super soldier drama is getting more and more intense I love it 🤭

Shits getting real now guys, stay tuned.
I'm actually enjoying writing so much that I can't not update all time 😂😂
Thanks for reading🫡