Chapter 45

The training session turned more towards a casual circle time, Ava and Tommy used the opportunity to share stories and updates about their lives since they had been apart. This also provided a chance for Lyza and Wanda to become better acquainted with one another.

"What I don't understand is why now?"
Tommy asked the group.

"Why now what? I've told you, you need to elaborate people can't read minds" Wanda teased him.

"I mean people can't but you can" Aj shrugged causing Wanda to playfully roll her eyes.

"What I mean is, Wanda and AJ you guys have been here for like 2 months now, yet they've only let Aj and I see each other now.
Why have us believe the other is dead and then suddenly throw us into a room together?" Tommy didn't understand the motive. It didn't make sense.

"Well about that.." AJ trailed off not finishing her sentence. The older three looked at her with curious eyes, all of them almost certain she'd been up to no good.

"Oh god what have you done?"
Wanda and Tommy asked in unison.

"Well like there was this thing. And I kinda lied but like in my defense I didn't know and well yeah I guess the thing is I'm just trying to say that like yeah and that's basically what happened" AJ simply just threw out random words, beating round the bush.

"Ava Jay" Wanda and Tommy snapped in unison both looking at their little sister sternly.

"Stop speaking at the same time it's creepy"
Aj told them.

"Aj just tell us what happened!" Lyza demanded to know.

AJ sighed. "Alright fine".

Wanda,Lyza and Tommy waited for AJ to speak but the 9 year old just stood there looking at them.

"Well.." Tommy prompted.

"Oh yes right you wanna know what happened. So I have this new power, well it's not new per say, Jonah says it's always been there which makes sense cause like I'd have moments where I-"

"You're doing that thing where you over explain" Wanda told her.

"Sorry. So basically I have precognition powers at least that's what we think, sometimes I get a sense that something's going to happen before it does. But Jonah was pushing me in hopes he could evolve the power to actual visions. It took a while but I think it finally worked the other day"

"What's that got to do with me? Ohh wait did you see me?" Tommy asked her.

"I mean kinda"

"What do you mean kinda?"

"Well I didn't want to tell Jonah what I actually saw so I made up a lie, I told him it didn't work and that I saw Thomas"

"Why didn't you want to tell him the truth?"
Lyza questioned trying to figure out the situation.

"Well because he's a dick" Aj said as if it was the most obvious reason.

"That's true but what was the real reason?"
Thomas pushed, they all knew Aj was keeping something from them.

"That is the real reason, I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction not that it matters anyways because well you're alive so now he is very much Satisfied with the answer I gave"

Wanda furrowed her brow at her little sister, "so what did you really see in this vision?"

"You know just stuff" Aj shrugged.

"AJ" Wanda warned giving her a look.

"You're such a mom" Aj rolled her eyes,
"I can't say, you've got to you know" Aj pointed to her head signaling for her sister to use her powers, she couldn't say anything, she wasn't sure if people were listening in. Fortunately for them the training room was the one place Wanda could use her powers.

—————-

"You think Ava seeing your
dad was real?" Tommy asked laying on the mattress, staring at the ceiling.

Wanda shrugged as she flopped next to Tommy. "Honestly I don't know. Powers like those are complicated to say the least"

"We can only hope"

"I don't know what I'd do though" Wanda told the boy truthfully.

"What do you mean?"

"If my family came, I wouldn't know what to do"

"Surly you've missed them, you'd leave with them. That's the obvious option no?"

"I have missed them but Natasha she-"

"She gave you up, yes I know you keep bitching about it. You can't trust everything Dreykov tells you Wands"

"He had proof Tommy, I saw it"

"Okay well Natasha's not your whole family,
You've got your dad and your uncles, you wouldn't want to go home with them?"

"Of course I would. I've missed them all so much but Natasha was my person Tommy. My mom, my best friend and she betrayed me"

"Maybe there's an explanation Wands, you could talk it out"

"I don't want to speak to her ever again"

"I think that's irrational and stupid"

"I think I didn't ask for your opinion"

"Oooo sassy" Tommy teased receiving an eye roll from Wanda. He was worried about his friend, she was letting Dreykov get into her head. But he kept his mouth shut, Wanda was stubborn and wouldn't listen to anything he said anyways. " I know you won't appreciate this at all but I remember when you first got here you told me that our pain makes us stronger something that your mother told you, I know you hate her right now but those are smart words you should hang on to"

Wanda gave him a small smile, he was right those words were something to hang on to in a place like this. She gave him a hug good night before turning over and going to sleep.

Tommy shifted himself in a more comfortable position with the intent to fall asleep however his mind wasn't quite ready to shut off yet. Today had been a crazy day for Tommy to say the least, he had to find amusement at the fact that over the last couple of months him and Wanda would talk about their younger sisters, yet neither of them ever worked out it was the same girl.

———-
A/N: I have a feeling you guys are gonna be spoiled the next few weeks cause I have no school😂
Thank you for reading🫡