Chapter 46

Time: To find the RedRoom
Place: St. Petersburg

Everyone sat at the table uncomfortably, it was one dysfunctional "family reunion" if that's what you could even call it. However the uncomfortable silence was shortly lived when Melina finished messing with her tablet and the front door bursted open.

"The pig just opened the door"
Bucky whispered in shock.

"Yes the pig just opened the door..
Good boy Alexei, good boy" Melina praised the pig feeding it scraps of her plate.

Alexei furrowed his eyebrows at her,
"You named a pig after me?"

"You don't see the resemblance?"

Yelena snorted at Melina's reply.

"See he sits just like a dog, it's amazing now watch" Melina turnt back to her tablet.

"It's a little weird to me" Alexei mumbled disgusted that a pig had been named after him.

"Stop breathing" Melina demanded and the pig did as she said. Nat, Bucky and Yelena shared looks of confusion neither of them understanding how a pig could just open a door.

"We infiltrated the north institute in Ohio it was a front for Shield scientists well actually they were hydra scientists at that time in conjunction of the Winter soldier project they had dissected and deconstructed a human brain"

At Melina's words, Bucky clenched his jaw as his fists curled, he felt a lump in his throat as his face started to swell up with anger at the mention of Hydra and the Winter Soldier. Flooding his mind with unwanted memories and emotions. All eyes were drawn to him. He could feel his body heating up, as if it was about to explode but he held himself back. Nat placed her hand on top of his to let him know that she was there which bought him an ounce of comfort as Melina continued to speak.

"We didn't steal weaponry or technology we stole the key to unlocking free will" Melina took a shot as she finished her little story.

"What are you doing?" Nat snapped as she watched the pig fall to the floor.

"I'm explaining that the science is now so exact that the subject can be instructed to stop breathing and has no choice but to obey"

"Okay you made your point! That's enough"

"Yes okay well don't worry, Alexei could of survived 11 more seconds without oxygen"

Natasha let out a breathe as she watched the now breathing pig exit the house.

"Dreykov has chemically subjugated planted around the globe"

"Do you know who they tested on?" Yelena asked Melina curious to know if her so called "mother" had any idea what Yelena has been through.

"No that's not my demise" Melina shrugged.

"Ah come on don't lie to them, you're Dreykov architect" Alexei urged.

"I'm not lying! If I was his Architect then what was you? You was his partner, his business partner" Melina argued defensively.