Chapter 44

Time: To see him again
Place: The red room

"Lyza where are we going?"
AJ asked as she walked hand
in hand with the older widow.

"I guess Dreykov was feeling nice today, we're going to train with your sister"
Lyza told her.

Since loosing Yelena, Dreykov had been on a quest to find the widow. He had sent Victoria and a few male guards out to track her down. Meaning the last few days it had just been Lyza and AJ of course neither of them minded, they enjoyed training together and with so many of the guards being absent the two had been able to actually have some fun in training. This morning Jonah had pulled Lyza away to speak to her, he had told her that Dreykov had given the two widows permission to train with Tommy and Wanda today, Lyza wasn't sure what their angle was, Jonah claimed Dreykov was feeling nice but Lyza highly doubted it. She knew there was something Jonah wasn't telling her.

Of course this was Jonah's idea, he had been patiently waiting for the right moment to reunite his children. He thought that if Aj could see the things in her head coming true, it would motivate her more to use her precognition powers. Jonah knew he was under a time crunch as tomorrow he would be introducing them all to the new mind control and after that AJ and Thomas seeing one and other wouldn't matter because they wouldn't have their old memories, they'd be blocked so he had to do this now.

"This is it" Lyza smiled as she opened the door to the training facility, she could see the pure excitement in Ajs eyes, the girl couldn't wait to see her sister again.

As soon as the door opened AJ sprinted into the room, "Wanda!", the girl squealed as she crashed into her big sisters arms.

Wanda and Tommy were in the middle of a playful spar when suddenly the doors to the training room were bursted open, with neither of them having any chance to see who it was before a small figure suddenly dashed in and dove right into Wanda's arms.

"AJ what are you doing here?" Wanda asked as she wrapped her arms around her little sister with a sense of relief.

"Lyza and I are training with you today"

"That's good" Wanda smiled, still not letting the girl leave her grasp, holding her tightly as if her life depended on it, Wanda thought if she'd let go, she'd loose AJ again.

"I missed you so much Wands"

"I know I've missed you too"

Lyza, while observing the two sisters, could not help but feel her heart both melt and break for the two girls,they had suffered so much, they had been through a cycle of endless torture,which certainly wasn't fair on them at all, they were just kids. However, her attention was suddenly swayed to her friend next to her, Tommy having suddenly gone completely silent and frozen in a state of shock, which was completely out of character for him.
"Tommy you good?" She asked him as she nudged him lightly.

Tommy found himself locked in a state of disbelief. Her voice.Her face. Her eyes. despite it being 5 years, he'd recognize her anywhere. He felt a feeling of complete dissociation from reality, as he was positive that his mind simply had to be playing cruel jokes upon him. She couldn't be here, she was gone.

"Aj I want to introduce you to someone" Wanda told Aj as she pulled away from the hug and looked at Tommy, "Av-"

"Ava- Jay" Tommy choked struggling to get the words out of his throat as he tried to process the fact that it could all be real.